PDA

View Full Version : 77; is 10/20 for me?

Argus
10-21-2005, 09:57 AM
Hands like this where I feel like I have no plan and don't know if I should be putting in more bets or folding make feel like it isn't.

Villain is 34/19/2 over about 700 hands (mostly datamined). I haven't seen him get out of line really, but he's mostly been staying out of the way of my frequent raises to isolate the loose player to my right. He coldcalls more than he 3-bets (that I've observed), and seems to be a mediocre but not awful player. How's my line? How important is showing down in situations like this?

Empire Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

Stefan_K
10-21-2005, 09:59 AM
i cap 77 hu

but given your line i would have played it the same

Monty Cantsin
10-21-2005, 11:05 AM
This looks fine to me. Betting the river is also good.

[ QUOTE ]
...I feel like I have no plan

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so force yourself to make a plan. As soon as he 3-bets you put him on a range of hands and start thinking about what you're going to do on different kinds of boards.

Regardless of anything else, planning to showdown if no broadway cards fall seems completely sensible.

[ QUOTE ]
...don't know if I should be putting in more bets or folding...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I think a bet should go in on the river, but apart from that I don't think you should be looking to put in tons more bets here. Many typical 10/20 players err on the side of aggression, let them bet.

But why would you fold?

/mc