PDA

View Full Version : AA...big pot and everyone goes nuts on the turn

WalkAmongUs
10-21-2005, 09:02 AM
I feel like I should have laid this down on the turn. Both villains were about 30/6/1.5 players.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (15 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls $1.50 (All-In), <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.87 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (19.87 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls $4.50 (All-In), Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 23.25 BB

sean c
10-21-2005, 09:09 AM
I would have three bet the flop and lead the turn. If it was two cold back to me then i could lay it down without losing any sleep.

WalkAmongUs
10-21-2005, 09:21 AM
3 bet the flop with that draw heavy board?

It was two cold back to me on the turn and I think thats where I should have laid it down.

Koss
10-21-2005, 09:25 AM
There's more ways you are drawing dead on the turn than I care to count. Fold.

sean c
10-21-2005, 09:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

It was two cold back to me on the turn and I think thats where I should have laid it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like i said in my original reply yes i would have three bet the flop and lead out on the turn and if it was two cold back to me on the turn after showing so much strength pre flop and on the flop i would have folded.

crownjules
10-21-2005, 09:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There's more ways you are drawing dead on the turn than I care to count. Fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

How does a K make it so Hero is drawing dead? The only ways he is drawing dead is to a made straight or flush, of which neither are helped by the K. Drawing slim, perhaps. But not dead.

3-bet the flop. UTG could have a smaller pair or be raising a flush draw. You can't automatically give credit to a flopped flush or straight. Lead the turn. When it's two back, I would fold.

10-21-2005, 09:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like i said in my original reply yes i would have three bet the flop and lead out on the turn and if it was two cold back to me on the turn after showing so much strength pre flop and on the flop i would have folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're unnecessarily bloating the pot. No overcards can come etc etc., only card that really improves your hand is the As, you're hoping for your overpair to hold up UI. I'd rather call and raise a relatively safe turn card.

sean c
10-21-2005, 10:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're unnecessarily bloating the pot. No overcards can come etc etc., only card that really improves your hand is the As, you're hoping for your overpair to hold up UI. I'd rather call and raise a relatively safe turn card.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to bloat the pot when i am OOP multi way and feel i have the best hand. This is no time to screw around and you give up to much value by not three betting the flop on such a draw heavy board.

bwana devil
10-21-2005, 10:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why are you scared to 3bet the flop but you are ok w/ leading the turn?

3bet that flop!

TomBrooks
10-21-2005, 12:22 PM
Scary board. Not too worried about UTG because his pfr prob means overcards, and if they're not both clubs your still OK. I'm worried more about MP1 who cold calls.

I check the turn and fold when it comes back two. MP1 probably made the flush. In case your still ahead here which won't be often, another club on the river or a card like the ten that came could kill you.

Your AA is very weak with this board and with so many opponents staying in.

TripleH68
10-21-2005, 12:54 PM
Hero's hand looks like AK.
UTG+1 raising the turn smells like AK with a club or a made flush. Or maybe just A /images/graemlins/club.gif? KK is also possible, but less likely.
MP1's 3-bet on the turn looks like a nasty slowplay. 30 VP$IP is high enough to include a wide range of cold-calling hands.

What to do? I think trying to get to showdown as cheaply as possible has to be correct here. BB may well have called all-in on the flop with a club. So in your position on the turn I think I'd fold.

BTW, I often try for a check-raise on the flop. It can slow down the aggression on later streets.

WalkAmongUs
10-21-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why are you scared to 3bet the flop but you are ok w/ leading the turn?

3bet that flop!

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't three-bet the flop because I want to see what the turn could bring. IF I am ahead on the flop my equity could either go way up or way down depending on the turn card. Thats why you shouldn't 3bet the flop.

The turn card in this hand looked relatively harmless to me so I lead out. Obviously people had some good hands so I should have folded the turn when it was 2 cold back to me.