PDA

View Full Version : Big question

10-21-2005, 06:25 AM
I have been reading two+two forum for a while now and I have learned a lot. I will star posting now and first thing I would like to clear is the thing that has been bothering me for a while now and this is BB/100. I read here that people are saying that 2BB/100 + is something hard to achieve over a long time.
My question comes from this:
In my PT I have 20k hands (3 limits 0.5/1,1/2,2/4) combined average on them is 5.5BB/100 with 0.5/1 and ˝ around 6BB/100 and 2/4 5BB/100.
I do not think of my shelf as a great poker player because I am steal learning an think I have lots of mistakes that I need to fix.
Question is this:
Is 2BB/100 really what is expected?

FlopMe
10-21-2005, 06:32 AM
By looking at your all your posts I've concluded you're either an unfunny troll or incredibly dumb. If it's the latter, read the FAQ (up there).

gonzopro
10-21-2005, 07:02 AM
Go pro. You're ready.

Paxosmotic
10-21-2005, 07:13 AM
You posted this same question in SS a few days ago. The only purpose of this post is so that you can post your winrates. Congratulations on having a high winrate and running well. I guess that's what you want to hear.

tiltaholic
10-21-2005, 07:36 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/JM2005/story.jpg

10-21-2005, 08:21 AM
Yes I can see that this my look like I am just bragging on how well I am doing but that is really not a case. The thing is I CAN NOT IMAGE THAT I COULD BE SO ABOVE THE ACTUAL WIN RATE!!!
I am not that good. I make a lot of mistakes. Bluff too much. ...
This is why I have posted two same posts. On first one I did not gat any response. That is why this is bothering me. Do not get me wrong. I am happy about it I just cant believe that is actually the truth.
One more time. I do not want this to come out as bragging.
I apologise to all that thought that is what I am doing. I want answers. I come from country where there is not a lot of poker players so I cannot disguise things I have to ask. So plies be nice and give me good meaning answers with witch I can get some perspective

numeri
10-21-2005, 08:30 AM
Yes, it is generally accepted that a true winrate of 2 BB/100 is the sign of a succcessful player. It is always difficult for new players to believe, but your statistics are not an indicator of your true winrate with the number of hands you've played. You may be a 5 BB/100 player at 2/4, (if so, you're better than most 2+2 posters) but it is more likely you are running very well and will soon experience a downswing.

I hope that answers your question.

10-21-2005, 08:37 AM
Numeri
Thank you for a simple non-aggressive and well-told answer.
That is all I wanted now I can start asking other stuff that are bothering me. My nickname is as it is with the risen I love to play and am egger to learn more and more.
And by the way for all the people who were dising me: we have a seeing in my country:
“There aren’t any stupid questions only stupid answers”

Nick Royale
10-21-2005, 08:37 AM
It's impossible for us to know what winrate is reasonable for you since you haven't posted one single hand or information about how you play or how well your poker reasoning is.

2BB/100 is a good winrate.
3BB/100 is achievable.
4BB/100 is possible, but demands great skill.
5BB/100 is possible I believe, but REALLY hard.

Of course it's also depending on the limits you play and your tableselection.

[ QUOTE ]
I do not think of my shelf as a great poker player

[/ QUOTE ]
My shelf doesn't play very well either.

Nick Royale
10-21-2005, 08:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And by the way for all the people who were dising me: we have a seeing in my country:
“There aren’t any stupid questions only stupid answers”

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you from sweden or is this a worldwide saying? Your nickname should be EagerToLearn btw.

numeri
10-21-2005, 09:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Mocking on someone's English skill - that is so 12-years-old. And yet, I can't help but smile. Your shelf... ha! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

numeri
10-21-2005, 09:20 AM
Two points:

1) As Nick pointed out, your name should be EagerToLearn.

2) Learn to develop a thick skin if you want to post on 2+2. If someone says something aggressive our thoughtless, you have two choices - you can get defensive as you did here, or you can simply ignore them.

Nick Royale
10-21-2005, 09:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Mocking on someone's English skill - that is so 12-years-old. And yet, I can't help but smile. Your shelf... ha! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm probably the last person on this forum who should be mocking on anybody's english skill, but I couldn't help to laugh when I read it.

Redd
10-21-2005, 09:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you from sweden or is this a worldwide saying?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear this occasionally in Canada, Nick. And for the record you use better English than the vast majority of people on these boards.

MrWookie47
10-21-2005, 09:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You posted this same question in SS a few days ago. The only purpose of this post is so that you can post your winrates. Congratulations on having a high winrate and running well. I guess that's what you want to hear.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's nothing more here than this and making fun of a new poster. I'm locking this.