PDA

View Full Version : AA overplayed?(NL100)

gunslingner
10-21-2005, 06:01 AM
Party NL100 6-max

Villian's stack ~100, Hero covers.

Hero is dealt read aces in the big blind.

Two limpers, SB limps, Hero makes it 6, button and SB limp.

Flop(18$): 10 7 3, 2 clubs

Hero bets 15, button folds, SB calls.

Turn(48$): 10 3 7 2, 3 clubs

Hero bets 25, sb calls.

River blank - check,check.

I'm not sure about my turn bet here. From my limited experience in NL100 I can tell that people tend to play WAY too loose, so villian's range on the turn - overpair, set, flush, crap pair with or w/o a club. If I had the ace of clubs I would definately check behind on the turn, but i REALLY didnt want to give black JJ or something like that a chance to suckout.

Thoughts?

Results to come, if you havent figured already /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ojo_Rojo
10-21-2005, 06:11 AM
My standard line is to check on the turn and see what villain does.

I know its a standoff between saving money when youre behind, and protecting your hand when youre ahead, but in this case the former is more likely the case since the flush draw completed on the turn.

Ojo_Rojo

Macquarie
10-21-2005, 06:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My standard line is to check on the turn and see what villain does.

I know its a standoff between saving money when youre behind, and protecting your hand when youre ahead, but in this case the former is more likely the case since the flush draw completed on the turn.

Ojo_Rojo

[/ QUOTE ]

You know hero has position here right? Although SB's checks are missing from the HH.

I play it exactly as the OP. Hopefully this bet gets you to showdown, and it protects against another club on the river. If you are check-raised, or flat called and then lead into big on the river, you can lay it down.

OOP i'd still bet out. Nothing good can come from checking.

Also, gunslingner, don't allude to the results in your post - you'll bias the responses.

gunslingner
10-21-2005, 06:33 AM
Ok, I'll try not to mention results in the future.

Anyway he had crap sc's and won the pot.

If he bet halfpot on the blank river I guess I would have to call, because it could easily be a block from overpair.

I guess the default here is to check behind on turn, river is player dependent...

Macquarie
10-21-2005, 06:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess the default here is to check behind on turn, river is player dependent...

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. I disagree.