PDA

View Full Version : Where is Big AL

MHoydilla
10-21-2005, 12:41 AM
Where are you Big Al, my creditors keep calling I need a shoe-in?

scalf
10-21-2005, 08:12 AM
/images/graemlins/confused.gif people run him off

they just did not git it

sigh

/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

stickman
10-21-2005, 10:53 AM
They ran him off for no reason. Particularly an assinine Eagles fan.What a shame.

CCx
10-21-2005, 10:58 AM
Big Al has awful thin skin if that's the case.

What a shame, his no-better-than-the-average-capper SHOE IN picks will be missed.

stickman
10-21-2005, 11:08 AM
I forgot your homer Silladelphia picks have been lights out.

CCx
10-21-2005, 11:24 AM
Total record: 17-14-1
Total units YTD: +3.5

How are your posted picks doing so far this year?

stickman
10-21-2005, 11:34 AM
You are too easy. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Easy E
10-21-2005, 12:35 PM
How do you get "run off" if you don't want to be?

I've been a Big Al fan for a while, but this is very disappointing. /images/graemlins/mad.gif He hasn't answered PMs either.

I hope everything is okay with him.

By the way, stickman, what is it with your groupie-like fascination with CCx? I've only read a few of your diatribes, but I haven't seen a good reason for the hatred.

Don't hate the playah, hate the game!

CCx
10-21-2005, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hope everything is okay with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

This echoes my statement from last week on the issue - I'll fade him til the cows come home, but I hope nothing is wrong.

Clarkmeister
10-21-2005, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll fade him til the cows come home, but I hope nothing is wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Over the years that's proven to be not such a wise thing.

Easy E
10-21-2005, 12:48 PM
Don't violate my copyrights.

And you really enjoy silicone, don't you?

Easy E
10-21-2005, 12:49 PM
Unfortunately, that hasn't been the case as much over the last year or so.

But Big Al's been in and out over that period, so maybe his focus is off?

We'll see if he pops back into the picture, if only to reassure us of his status.

scott8
10-21-2005, 02:05 PM
Same Guy?

Warning: Site contains locks, shills, and lots of confusing data before asking for money (http://www.bigalsports.com/index.asp)

10-21-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Same Guy?

Warning: Site contains locks, shills, and lots of confusing data before asking for money (http://www.bigalsports.com/index.asp)

[/ QUOTE ]

MD was his "lock of the year" /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
At 7:45 pm, our Thursday Night Game of the Year is on the Maryland Terrapins + the points over Virginia Tech, as Ralph Friedgen`s crew falls into system of mine that is 23-0 ATS since 1996 which involves playing on certain teams off a win of more than 25 points, if they scored at least 35 points in each of their previous two games. With Maryland off a 38-7 win over Temple and a 45-33 victory two games back over Virginia, we`ll take the Terps on Thursday plus the points, as the outright win won`t be a surprise. Good luck, as always...Al McMordie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Big Al
10-21-2005, 03:46 PM
First, I want to apologize for not letting you guys know what was going on with me. I also appreciate the concern. I have enjoyed posting on this forum for many years and if you have been around here for the past 8 or so years, you know we have done pretty well together.

About 6 weeks ago (right at the start of the NFL season) a close member of my family was diagnosed with cancer. I wont go into details but it is someone that I am very close to. I have been assisting with his care. I am not going to get weepy here but I will say it has been difficult for me. I was trying to handicap games while dealing with this but found that I just didnt have the fire and/or commitment to do it properly. This family member is not expected to live for more than a month and the thought of him passing away literally makes me ill. This person is like a son to me. Anyway, I have always taken this seriously and I knew it wouldnt be fair to all of you if I tried to handicap games. There have been some other things too-as you may know, I am a widower with an 11 year old son. He started middle school and that is a big difference from elementary school. Being an only parent, I am very involved in his life, obviously. Bottom line, with everything going on I have not had thhe time or energy to properly handicap games. I have talked about some of my handicapping methods in previous posts thru the years so I wont go into them now. But if you have followed me, you know that I only play 1-3 games a week but play them hard. I would watch tons of games, review every games box scores if I didnt see it to determine how which team won the game and how the other lost, analyze the following weeks match-ups...I could go on but I dont want to bore you. Bottom line is I do not have the time to do this. It actually started last year and I tried to get by with some of my standard handicapping tools and I/we basically went .500 (although the playoffs were solid-remember,tend to play the underdogs in the first round and the favorites in the second). I have talked about this before but I have been handicapping games for almost 18 years now-the first 8 I was about a .500 hitter, with the vig making me a loser. I then took everything I learned in those 8 years and came up with a certain formula that worked for me. It allowed me to have 8 straight winning years, with a couple of years where the win % was thru the roof (and if you have been following me/this site you can attest that I am not BSing here). It would not be fair to those of you who have followed me to continue to post games when I cannot dedicate the time and energy I need to properly give picks. I always took the losses personally knwoing that people were betting their hard earned money on them-too personally but I really came to enjoy some of the posters here-you know who you are, I wanted us all to make money. Believe me, I didnt let one or two guys who showed up last year and and are around this year to run me off-I could care less about what they think or say-if you have been at this site for years you know the truth.

Anyway, I did not mean to ramble on. Even though I have never met any of you, I have always enjoyed this site and posting here for these many years. I do plan to come back at some point in the future but only when I feel I can properly handicap games and provide you with solid picks. Thanks again to everyone for your thoughts and concerns, I wish all of you the best, both in your personal life and on your bets. (BTW, I like KC tonight in their game against Miami).--Big Al--

CCx
10-21-2005, 04:20 PM
Well I'm glad that I didn't run you off, because that would be retarded on your part to let a lifetime loser, square and uninformed bettor like me affect you.. there are those here that literally can't make it through the day without your awesome picks - believe me, in my hard times, I do enjoy making money by fading them. I'm sorry to hear about your personal life issues, as those things tend to transcend internet hoo-hah. I sincerely hope you get through it all as well as you can.

AdamK
10-21-2005, 05:56 PM
Hi 'Big Al',
Sorry to hear about your problems at the moment.

Your posts & picks have brought me much enjoyment over the last few years ( and a few $$ too).

Take care & best wishes
AdamK

Easy E
10-22-2005, 12:28 PM
No need to push it.

Does this mean you're down another beer unit, or didn't you fade this?