PDA

View Full Version : Bill Clinton's Pardon of Marc Rich

Jedster
10-21-2005, 12:39 AM
I am sure many of you on the right were as outraged as I was on the left that Bill Clinton pardoned Marc Rich apparently in large part because of donations to Clinton's presidential library.

Did you know that Cheney Chief-of-Staff Lewis Libby was Marc Rich's lawyer? Here's a link to an article about Libby defending Rich's pardon before Congress. (http://archives.cnn.com/2001/ALLPOLITICS/03/02/clinton.library/)

Seems like knowing about the pardon process might be useful Libby these days!

El Barto
10-21-2005, 01:26 AM
I hear Bill Bennett's brother was Clinton's lawyer and is now Judy Miller's lawyer. Are you shocked about that one? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Jedster
10-21-2005, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hear Bill Bennett's brother was Clinton's lawyer and is now Judy Miller's lawyer. Are you shocked about that one? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bennett is just a laywer. He never claimed to be a man of ideological principle; Libby has.

El Barto
10-21-2005, 01:47 AM
Thats just weak. You are smearing by association, sort of like smearing by phony indictments. Standard operating procedure for the Democrats today. You have learned well.

Jedster
10-21-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thats just weak. You are smearing by association, sort of like smearing by phony indictments. Standard operating procedure for the Democrats today. You have learned well.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Thanks for the compliment, I guess. Anyway, I'm not smearing Libby. I'd rather see him working for Mark Rich any day of the week than working for Cheney. At least when he's working for Rich he's honest about working for a Crook.