PDA

View Full Version : magic mushrooms (some questions)

phixxx
10-20-2005, 10:22 PM
ive done shrooms before, but i didnt get high. i picked up 3 grams for myself and one other person and i got some questions...

1. what is the most effective way to ingest shrooms?

2. considering this is pretty much my first time, how many grams should my friend and myself do. should a girl take the same dose as a guy?

3. in terms of duration, how long should i expect to wait before feeling the first effects? and how long will the trip be? (i guess it would have to depend on the quality of the mushrooms?)

4. i have a reasonably small piece of a cap and the remainder of the 3 grams is the stalk (i think thats what its called?)

5. what should i do when im tripping out? watch a movie..listen to music, etc..

thats all the questions i have for now..thanks in advance for a reply.. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

send_the_msg
10-20-2005, 10:29 PM
i'm not sure about the best way to take em, but when i did it we just ate em. i'm sure tea and all that other crap is good too. if you have 3 grams, i would just split that 1.5 for both. girls normally should take less, but 1.5 isn't that much anyway. 30-45 mins is normal amount of time before effects kick in, smoke pot before that if possible. when i took 2.5g it lasted 4.5-5hrs. i'm sure everyone else has ideas for what you should do while shroomin, it's been discussed before.

Soul Daddy
10-20-2005, 10:31 PM
I don't know if all of your questions will be answered, but we had a pretty long thread about this last month.

link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3352795&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=all&vc=1)

bholdr
10-20-2005, 10:32 PM
First of all, DO NOT eat shrooms you picked yourself unless they've been identified by someone that you trust to know what's what. really, just don't.

here's the rest:

1: doesn't really matter, but, to boost the high, drink OJ or take some vitamin c. I personally prefer oatmeal to mask the texture and taste

2: dosage depends on body weight- for a psych noob, i'd reccomend less than 1/16th of an ounce of dried psyocibyn mushrooms or less if they're psyinescense (sp?). go easy until you know whayt you;re after

3: effects are noticable within an hour and generally last from 4-8 hours

4: it all depends on the strain of mushroom- if they're qubenzies, the most common psych-shroom, 2 grms is plenty. the parts of the stalk with the blue-grey stains are the strongest, then the cap, then the rest of the stem.

5: oh, i wouldn't worry about it. you'll find something.

GL, be safe but have fun.

joeski19
10-20-2005, 10:37 PM
1. Meatball sub. Or any kind of sandwich/sub.

2. Last time I did it I had about 4-5 shrooms on a meatball sub. The shrooms weren't that big though.

3. It takes about 20-30 mins

4. doesn't sound like enough for two people.

5. It's wasn't so much a tripping acid thing as it was you feel really happy and are in a great mood. Sort of if something bad happened you wouldn't care because your'e to happy.

wateronrock
10-20-2005, 10:44 PM
Make sure you are somewhere where you feel secure. I have had some great experiences on shrooms where I can marvel at life from a new perspective.

Camping in a secluded area is nice. I don't think you will be interested in TV /images/graemlins/smile.gif . I doubt you will feel social with anyone who isn't sharing the experience. It can be a little overwhelming on several levels but I would recommend it.

Don't plan on driving anywhere either. Hope you guys have fun.

danvh
10-20-2005, 10:57 PM
5. Go to Washington Dc...Go to the Einstein memorial...Stand in center of universe..

10-20-2005, 11:47 PM
Probably a really dumbass question, but I've got no experience in this area whatsoever and want to know something.

I know 'shrooms are done. Don't really care. I do care about my dogs. We get a lot of the things, all assorted varieties, in our yard and I've heard some of them can be poisonous. I catch my dogs eating them sometimes. So far no obvious problems. They're scheduled to see the vet next week and I plan on talking to her about them, but since the subject's been brought up here...

How can I know if what I'm "growing" is good or bad? What should I be concerned about?

Thanks

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

bholdr
10-20-2005, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Probably a really dumbass question, but I've got no experience in this area whatsoever and want to know something.

I know 'shrooms are done. Don't really care. I do care about my dogs. We get a lot of the things, all assorted varieties, in our yard and I've heard some of them can be poisonous. I catch my dogs eating them sometimes. So far no obvious problems. They're scheduled to see the vet next week and I plan on talking to her about them, but since the subject's been brought up here...

How can I know if what I'm "growing" is good or bad? What should I be concerned about?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

try this: this should have the info you need or a link to it. (http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms.shtml)

10-21-2005, 12:05 AM
my 2 cents: i'd eat em, not liquify em. once "my friend" put tabs of extasy in applejuice, and "he" got super high for 30 minutes, then the trip ended. pretty lame for what should have been at least a few hours.

HamJam
10-21-2005, 12:08 AM
I've always preferred the peanut butter and shroom sandwich.

And no, no jelly is allowed you [censored] sicko.

10-21-2005, 12:18 AM
bholdr,

I'm bholdin' to ya! Thnx. Lot of info and names, etc. that I can use to check for more info.

Again, thnx

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rootabager
10-21-2005, 01:15 AM
I would definatly eat all of the 3 grams yourself. That is not that much for a guy. I dont know anything about if it's different for girls, but if you want to get messed up eat all 3 grams. I have eaten more each time and get a nice buzz. The trip you get can be different for various variety of shrooms.

Just eat them too. It's easy and not unbearable.

ChipWrecked
10-21-2005, 01:25 AM
We used to chew them with M&M's to mask the horrid taste. Chew, chew, chew some more, then chew them. Don't send them down until they're well pulped.

I always preferred to do them outdoors. Once during a ski trip. Skiing was no different, but those lift rides back up were intense /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

(don't know if it's true, but we believed the caps were more potent than the stems)

hobbsmann
10-21-2005, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've always preferred the peanut butter and shroom sandwich.

And no, no jelly is allowed you [censored] sicko.

[/ QUOTE ]
The last time I ate them was this exact way. Mmmmm mushroom and peanut butter sandwhich.

send_the_msg
10-21-2005, 02:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
don't know if it's true, but we believed the caps were more potent than the stems

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe this is correct

DiamondDave
10-21-2005, 03:18 AM
If you have trouble with the taste, try crunching them up with Peanut M&Ms.

gabbahh
10-21-2005, 06:53 AM
Instead of chocolate u can try boiling tea from it.
Just put the fresh or dry mushrooms in a big pan and boil them for at least 1 hour (u can boil them longer, but I do not know if that matters).
After the boiling add tea and a lot of sugar to cover up the evil taste.
There are many kinds of magic mushrooms, all with different potencies, so please be careful with them.
A friend of mine was hungry and bought 2 bags of 30 grams of Hawaian mushrooms and ate them all... He ran home for several miles thinking he was being chased.
Please check the above mentioned link of www.erowid.org (http://www.erowid.org) or go to www.sjamaan.com/en/index.html (http://www.sjamaan.com/en/index.html)

Argus
10-21-2005, 10:15 AM
Boiling them is a bad idea. It reduces their potency. Just grin and bear it - it's no worse than eating a big pile of moldy cow dung. I second the M&Ms recommendation. I've eaten plenty of them like this and they go down just fine. Cutting open a brownie and filling it is pretty good too.

I'd recommend taking more than 1.5g each, though that might be enough for a snaller girl (or really tiny guy). I'd advise you to do at least 2.5, but probably not more than 3.5 your first time. Consider having a sober babysitter, or at least someone you can call. Mushrooms are usually really fun, but sometimes you can go a little crazy and want to touch base with someone grounded.

gabbahh
10-21-2005, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Boiling them is a bad idea. It reduces their potency.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe, but it is all about digestion.
When boiling them, and making tea out of the water, the LSA (the psychedelic stuff) is released into the water. We all know the body digests water better then solid food. So the tea starts working faster (most of the time within the half an hour) then when you eat the mushrooms. Because it is digested so fast the trip really hits you. This instead of a slow process of getting more and more intoxicated when eating them.
To speed up the digestion (when eating them) you should chew really well before swallowing.
And because of the foul taste, we rather boil tea from it. When boiling the tea, be sure to NOT let any vapour out of the pan!!! So keep the pan closed or Yes you will lose a lot of potency.

xadrez
10-21-2005, 11:29 AM
The best way to eat shrooms is stuffed inside a giant greasy cheessteak sandwich.

Trust me, it sounds gross but in reality its friggin delicious.

arod15
10-21-2005, 11:33 AM
Dont do shrooms -EV....

xadrez
10-21-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dont do shrooms -EV....

[/ QUOTE ]

horribly inaccurate statement

IndieMatty
10-21-2005, 11:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dont do shrooms -EV....

[/ QUOTE ]

horribly inaccurate statement

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Shrooms are the one drug everyone should do at least once.

And using EV in terms of real life stuff is [censored] gay.

10-21-2005, 03:50 PM
A couple things.
1. extreme heat will break down psylocibe - so boiling it for an hour is not a very good idea.
2. Warm tea or soup (my preferred method) is very good. Psylocibe, like you've said, is water soluble - and I've started tripping immediately after ingesting using this method... and it's easier on your stomach. It doesn't take an hour long boil to dissolve the good stuff. - just grind 'em up good, and put them in hot tea/soup - and do not add any more heat. Letting sit a couple minutes in hot but not boiling water is the way to go.