Baseball- Joe Morgan/ Ozzie Guillen
Basketball- Isiah Thomas

Discuss...

TheRover
10-20-2005, 10:05 PM
You can do better than Pete Carroll.

MightyMouse
10-20-2005, 10:07 PM
ok...he can take the best recruits in the country and heisman winning QBs and win college football. im so impressed.

the team he handed over to belichik won 3 super bowls in the next 5 years after doing nothing with carroll.

imported_anacardo
10-20-2005, 10:07 PM
Jesus Christ, why Pete Carroll?

MightyMouse
10-20-2005, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jesus Christ, why Pete Carroll?

[/ QUOTE ]

ok...he can take the best recruits in the country and heisman winning QBs and win college football. im so impressed.

the team he handed over to belichik won 3 super bowls in the next 5 years after doing nothing with carroll.

TheRover
10-20-2005, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever heard of Mike Tice?

JayLear
10-20-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Much better choice here. Allow me to submit Dave Wannstedt.

MightyMouse
10-20-2005, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do you know that pete carroll would consistently cancel lifting sessions with the patriots and have a day of golf with them????

pokerdirty
10-20-2005, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Football- Bill Belichik
Baseball- Billy Beane
Basketball- Larry Brown

Football- Pete Carroll
Basketball- Isiah Thomas

Discuss...

[/ QUOTE ]

Good:
Football - Belichick (though i dont want to say this, he sucked w/ the Browns)
Baseball - Bobby Cox/Joe Torre
Basketball - Coach K/Rick Carlisle

Ugly:
Football - Wannestead (CFB & NFL)
Baseball - Dusty Baker
Basketball - Mike Davis?/whoever is coaching the Knicks?

TheRover
10-20-2005, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Ugly:
Baseball - Dusty Baker
Basketball - Mike Davis

[/ QUOTE ]

Much /images/graemlins/heart.gif to you.

MightyMouse
10-20-2005, 10:35 PM
Why did Joe Torre Bench Giambi when the guy still had an OBP of 380 and threaten to send him to the minors??

pokerdirty
10-20-2005, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why did Joe Torre Bench Giambi when the guy still had an OBP of 380 and threaten to send him to the minors??

[/ QUOTE ]

because all the guy was doing was looking to walk. he needed HITTING instruction, and i'm sure torre felt the best place he could get the best, most concentrated instruction would be with bucky dent and the columbus clippers.

pokerdirty
10-20-2005, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ugly:
Baseball - Dusty Baker
Basketball - Mike Davis

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm racist. (not really, but these are the only two black dudes on my list /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif)

Pudge714
10-20-2005, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Part of coaching college is recruiting, Pete Carroll obviously has done a great job recruiting and it shows in his team.

Clearly you are a bitter Pats fan, but Mike Tice, Dave Wannesdt, and Mike Martz are much dumber than Pete Carroll.

As for Basketball I submit Rob Babcock

Pudge714
10-20-2005, 11:51 PM
[quote

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because Joe Morgan is an idiot as a commentator doesn't mean he is one of the stupidest people in baseball.

Ozzie Guillen will probably win Manager of the Year, and could Chicago's first world series in years he sure is an idiot.

Dudd
10-21-2005, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[quote

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because Joe Morgan is an idiot as a commentator doesn't mean he is one of the stupidest people in baseball.

Ozzie Guillen will probably win Manager of the Year, and could Chicago's first world series in years he sure is an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because Ozzie Guillen has a good pitching staff does not mean that he cannot be a moron.

jesusarenque
10-21-2005, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, you need another negro.

TheRover
10-21-2005, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, you need another negro.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like Mike Tice's fat black ass.

razor
10-21-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not that I think you are wrong, but I don't think he has a long enough track record to take this award...

HajiShirazu
10-21-2005, 02:40 AM
People are too quick to associate "good coach" with "intelligent."

10-21-2005, 02:40 AM
What do you guys think of the trading, depth recruitment job that Jeff Van Gundy has done with the Rockets?

curious to see what yall think.

pryor15
10-21-2005, 03:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Freddie Mitchell comes to mind. Or Charles Mann (IIRC, he was the guy who was illiterate in the 80s, but i probably got the name wrong)

pudley4
10-21-2005, 08:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Freddie Mitchell comes to mind. Or Charles Mann (IIRC, he was the guy who was illiterate in the 80s, but i probably got the name wrong)

[/ QUOTE ]

Dexter Manley.

He's still probably smarter than Culpepper.

disjunction
10-21-2005, 08:18 AM
As a change of pace you should try listening to 1510 instead of the radio station that has brainwashed you into these picks.

Zurvan
10-21-2005, 09:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not that I think you are wrong, but I don't think he has a long enough track record to take this award...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to give it to Glen Grunwald, who left all that mess for Babcock to clean up. Honourable mention to Richard Pettie, who hired both those clowns.

Pudge714
10-21-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to give it to Glen Grunwald, who left all that mess for Babcock to clean up. Honourable mention to Richard Pettie, who hired both those clowns.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least Grunwald did something positive, name one thing Babcock did well?

M2d
10-21-2005, 12:49 PM
is Chris Washburn doing anything in basketball now? coaching at the Boy's Club? if so, then he wins stupidest, although he gets a run for his money from whomever named Anfernee Hardaway.

Zurvan
10-21-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Signed Calderone, hired Sam Mitchell. Calderon seems good at first glance.

Besides, given 5 (6?) years, Babcock can stumble on some good things. Not that I'm saying he's any good btw, just that he was really left with some giant problems.

Pudge714
10-21-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Besides, given 5 (6?) years, Babcock can stumble on some good things. Not that I'm saying he's any good btw, just that he was really left with some giant problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good points. I guess we could add drafting Roko Ukich to things Babcock did well.

CarlSpackler
10-21-2005, 05:56 PM
Dumbest:

NFL - Terrell Suggs: had to look up malice in the dictionary
NBA - Charles Shackleford: "I can go to my left or right, I'm amphibious."
MLB - Tie: Ken Caminiti - Dude didn't cycle, he used continually year round.
Pedro Guerroro - Part of his defense for drug arrest was that he has so dumb he needed help tieing his shoes and making his bed.
NCAAFB - Frank Solich

mostsmooth
10-21-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ugly:
Baseball - Dusty Baker
Basketball - Mike Davis

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm racist. (not really, but these are the only two black dudes on my list /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]
i dont know who mike davis is, but is he uglier than sam cassell?

razor
10-22-2005, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good points. I guess we could add drafting Roko Ukich to things Babcock did well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Charlie V has looked good so far.

Traded the headcase for a usable player with a shorter contract.

Jorge10
10-22-2005, 02:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[quote

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe Morgan is not the dumbest man in baseball, but he is the most gullible and its not even close. The man always believes the story of whoever does something wrong. He was like Pete Rose never gambled on baseball I believe the man, I know the man. Then when Sosa got caught with the corked bat, Joe was like I believe him, he obviously uses it for practice. I swear he could catch a guy with a syringe injecting himself and the guy could tell him something like "well you see I was walking then this syringe fell out of the sky and it just stabbed me in one of the veins in my arm" and Joe Morgan would believe the guy.

battschr
10-22-2005, 04:10 AM
Joe Morgan is a [censored] jackass. I hate him with every fiber of my being.

pokerdirty
10-22-2005, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ugly:
Baseball - Dusty Baker
Basketball - Mike Davis

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.iuwashdc.com/Mike%20Davis%20Now%20What.jpg

Army Eye
10-22-2005, 03:07 PM
NFL - Najeh Davenport "Where's the manure?"

mostsmooth
10-22-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ugly:
Baseball - Dusty Baker
Basketball - Mike Davis

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.iuwashdc.com/Mike%20Davis%20Now%20What.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]
ill take that as a no

imported_CaseClosed326
10-22-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
smarterst

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

shayneon
10-22-2005, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dumbest:

NFL - Terrell Suggs: had to look up malice in the dictionary

[/ QUOTE ]

Daunte Culpepper couldn't find malice in the dictionary.

MarkL444
10-23-2005, 11:02 AM
personally i think manny is a complete retard.