PDA

View Full Version : Why i don't post a lot of hands....

IGMorton
10-20-2005, 09:21 PM
maybee i'm seriously missing something here...

i have never posted many hands here. i always read the more abstract or general "theoretical posts", including the preflop stuff that many find mundane. yet, i don't study many individual hands much.

my reasoning is that discussing any particular hand without the context of the many hands that preceeded it is like quoting a passage in some politician's speech without the context in which he gave it.

i would guess that 50-70% of my decision whether to take a stab at a ragged board, or try a preflop isolation raise, etc. is based on what both myself (my table image) and my opponents have been doing the last few orbits.

ideally, someone would create a forum where we could post a 15 minute play session with all the hands played back in some sort of flash presentation. then we might be able to help each other more.

krishanleong
10-20-2005, 09:33 PM
Very simply I don't pay much attention to my image. I don't get detailed reads. At my best I play 700 hands per hour. So basic lines, and lines modified by PT reads are of great value to me.

Krishan

10-20-2005, 10:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ideally, someone would create a forum where we could post a 15 minute play session with all the hands played back in some sort of flash presentation. then we might be able to help each other more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Videos seem to be getting populer. I think they're great. I learn how to play g00t from them.