PDA

View Full Version : I knew I must have been doing something right – trainee pushbotter

10-20-2005, 08:41 PM
I’m at the start of a journey, which will hopefully end up with me becoming a perfect pushbotter. Not the highest form of intelligence in the universe I know, but it will do nicely for me.

I started reviewing all my old games for +EV from 5 players on. I have seen the light!
I’m trying to master the skills of putting opponents on calling ranges and spotting +EV while I play 2 games at once (I’m also searching for and reading the many useful 2+2 threads between plays), then I review both games and check my potential and actual push/folds.

So tonight after only 50 $33 games into this journey, I’m on the bubble and SB, it's folded to me and I push the short stack BB all in with my A3s, they call with JJ.
And within 1 second someone had typed, “It works every time but the last”. I was actually reading this quote from citanul at the time;
”The #1 response we all get from pushbotting is:
"It works every time but once."

I am not joking, I would pay $500 if I never had to read that again in a SNG. I ususally don't reply, but if I do I write, "ok gl." “

From this thread: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3727478&page=1&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=2&vc=1

Anyway I hit a flush, but was more pleased with the comment than getting ITM with the big stack. Luckily I won that SNG and wrote this post.

So a quick question is do you find you lose credibility if you get called by a better hand a couple of times, in the late stages? I find loads of possible pushes but hold back as don’t want to appear like a maniac.

tigerite
10-20-2005, 08:46 PM
A3s from the SB is a mandatory push, he could call with any damn two and not stop you profiting from it, all the way down to just aces.. Unless the situation is extremely unusual that is, such as a micro stack and he has you covered.

splashpot
10-20-2005, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So a quick question is do you find you lose credibility if you get called by a better hand a couple of times, in the late stages? I find loads of possible pushes but hold back as don’t want to appear like a maniac.

[/ QUOTE ]
What you should be concerned about is the amount of fold equity you have. If you pushed the last 6 hands, they'll call more so your fold equity will be considerably lower. Thus your pushing range should be tighter.