PDA

View Full Version : SB w/JJ - HU w/BB

Fat Nicky
10-20-2005, 08:40 PM
Poker Stars 3/6 (8 handed)

BB is a 25/6/.5 type and I haven't seem him pull anything crazy or out of the ordinary.

Pre-flop: Folded to me in the SB and I raise w/J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, the BB calls.

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 10/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I bet and the BB calls.

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif
What is hero's plan for the rest of the hand???

toss
10-20-2005, 08:42 PM
Bet again and muck to a raise.

You don't want to give any free cards and a raise from this guy means trouble.

thesharpie
10-20-2005, 08:44 PM
Without other reads I bet/fold the turn and bet/fold the river.

Edit: Happy birthday, toss.

toss
10-20-2005, 08:46 PM
Thanks. I need to get out and stop posting.

Fat Nicky
10-20-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so lets say I bet the turn, and the BB simply calls again.

How do we go about the following river cards:

1) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

2) K/images/graemlins/club.gif

3) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif

toss
10-20-2005, 09:31 PM
I bet/fold all of them since I think villain can call down with a T.

hobbsmann
10-20-2005, 09:34 PM
keep betting and call a raise. Show this down.

hobbsmann
10-20-2005, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think bet/folding in a blind steal situation like this really sucks. I think the Clarkmeister saying of 'if your planning involves folding large pocket pair HU you need another plan' is very applicable in this situation.

Jake (The Snake)
10-20-2005, 10:00 PM
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's not what Clark said... I thought it was specifically for KK HU. Would you go to showdown no matter what if the flop came AKQ?

hobbsmann
10-20-2005, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's not what Clark said... I thought it was specifically for KK HU. Would you go to showdown no matter what if the flop came AKQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well *shrugs* I could probably find a fold on that board.
Your right, Clarks original saying was derived from not folding KK HU ever. I wish I could dig up a thread that if I remember correctly, Clark jumped in and said something along the lines of folding JJ HU in situations like this was not a good idea.

I still think folding any where in this hand, unless it gets really ugly, is a bad idea as BB is naturally not going to put on a very big hand given you opened from the small blind (also most hands containing an A will be 3-betting preflop).

thesharpie
10-20-2005, 10:20 PM
The dude is 25/6/.5. Do you suggest bet/calling? He's not the type to raise a ten for value so he's gotta be on a complete bluff/semi bluff if we are ahead. How many of these types bluff?

Borodog
10-20-2005, 11:45 PM
Bet until you get raised. Then probably fold against this guy with his 0.5 AF, if you actually have enough hands to trust the read. If not I bet until I get raised and call down.