PDA

View Full Version : how did i play this

kai
10-20-2005, 04:29 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1, 10h table that started falling appart

BB: 38.89,11.11,1.0 after ~30 hands, he seems to be tilting
MP1: 58.33,2.08,0.28 after ~50 hands
MP2: 42.11,5.08,0.37 after ~60 hands

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">MP1 Calls, MP2 Calls, 2 folds</font>, BB checks, Hero Completes

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero Bets, BB raises, MP1 and MP2 call, hero raises, BB calls, MP1 and MP2 call

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
exact same action as previous street

River: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 Bets, everyone calls

Final Pot: 23 BB

WalkAmongUs
10-20-2005, 04:40 PM
I like the flop play except I wouldn't reraise after being raised. I'd likely call and see what the turn brings. If it completes many draws we may have to check and fold.

I would check/call the turn depending on the action. If I check and people start going nuts behind me I would probably fold.

The river card completes a lot of draws. I want to call but its probably -EV. At .5/1 I would say the chances are high tha we behind a straight, flush, or a Q with a better kicker.

kai
10-20-2005, 04:48 PM
Given that MP1 and MP2 were calling and their past play I figured they were sitting on draws, and very likelly at least one of them was not worth paying for, so if they were going to stick around i wanted to charge them the most possible. I was not sure if I was ahead of BB or not on the flop, obviously he could very well have me outkiced or beat even worse, but he had been going on tilt the last few hands, so i thought the benefit of having MP{1,2} pay too much for draws plus the chance that i was ahead of BB gave me the right to pump this pot. I expected MP1 or MP2 to wake up on the turn if they hit, and since they did not i didnt think they had me beat, so my strategy was the same as before. The river completes a lot, and i dont think that im ahead of MP1 and MP2 at this point, but the pot is huge so i call.

10-20-2005, 04:51 PM
Just call the flop raise. Check the turn and consider folding. There are a lot of hands that beat you here. Fold the river. That card completed a lot of draws.

Please include pot size in your post.

DCWildcat
10-20-2005, 04:53 PM
3-betting the turn is pretty big spewage. You've only got top pair medium kicker.

Also, try to put your analysis in the hand. It looks half-assed when you put a non-informative title and no self-analysis in the history.

10-20-2005, 04:54 PM
*grunch*

I don't think I would 3-bet the turn (you said it was the same as the flop, yes?).

I /images/graemlins/heart.gif the river check/call because that pot is huge, but I suspect MP2 hit his draw.

WalkAmongUs
Be careful with the idea of "charging draws". Ed miller made a great post on this if you do a search. Its required reading. Be careful because while you are busy charging MP1 and MP2 for draws the BB may have you dominated and is enjoying you pumping the pot.

Also, you can't be too sure that BOTH players have draws. All of the previous action may have scared a Q10-QK into check/calling. Not to mention the BB could very well have one of these hands.

deception5
I would call the flop raise and bet the turn. There's a decent chance you are behind here, but if not you need to try to knock some players out.

Edit: I would rather bet the river than check/call.

kai
i would not have overcalled the river, but since i was first to act after MP2 bet, i think i had to call in this huge pot, even if my chances of winning are very slim.

BB showed Qs3d
MP1 shows Ks,Ad
MP2 shows 8h,7h

gonzopro
10-20-2005, 05:01 PM
Preflop: looks good

Flop: I bet/call. I don't think a reraise is horrible but I think you are overestimating your pot equity

Turn: If I bet/call the flop, then I ck/call the turn since it did not improve our hand. If I reraised the flop, I bet/call (maybe fold). I hate a raise here with TP medium kicker.

River: Check/call or fold depending on size of the pot.

2+2 wannabe
10-20-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i would not have overcalled the river, but since i was first to act after MP2 bet, i think i had to call in this huge pot, even if my chances of winning are very slim.

BB showed Qs3d
MP1 shows Ks,Ad
MP2 shows 8h,7h

[/ QUOTE ]

well you've got MP2 on your buddy list I hope

kai
10-20-2005, 05:06 PM
He and I are best buddies now, BFF you could say.

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

car ramrod
10-20-2005, 05:12 PM
I would call the flop raise and lead the turn.
I would not 3bet the turn.

I would either bet/fold the river or check/fold. I am not over calling here after MP2 wakes up after he called the whole way. He had to be on a draw, and all draws got there on that river card.

kai
10-20-2005, 05:28 PM
I didn't overcall. The diamond draw never got there. It was pretty clear that MP1 didnt catch anything, I think, and my entire premis was that it was likelly that BB was tilting and that i was ahead of him. Maybe im wrong about how likely that is, I dont know. But I dont think that folding here in a HUGE pot is right, i think that you see people take strange stabs at a pot this sise at least enough to justify the 1:20 odds I was getting by being the first to call.

Disconnected
10-20-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 0.50/1, 10h table that started falling appart

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like it was falling apart. The SB is completing after the BB checks, there's a mystery player on every street. Some strange alternate universe table. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Anyway, if BB is really tilting, I think the 3-bet on the flop is OK, but I would rather call the raise, then lead a turn blank, check-raise if I improve. I think that the turn 3-bet is a little much.

On the river, I'd be tempted to either bet/fold or check/call due to the pot size, but check/fold is probably the best considering that 2 players called 2 cold on the flop and turn, and then the river completes a zillion draws. I think you have BB beat since he didn't cap flop or turn (which he would have if ahead and on tilt), but it wouldn't surprise me to have the 3rd best hand on the river. MP2 is pretty meek, and he's betting into 3 people.

kai
10-20-2005, 06:19 PM
lol, waw sorry i was having some trouble with the hand converter and filling in between the code brackets musta made me a little confused. yeah i dont like my turn play at all either anymore. thanks for all the responses, ill put the comments about posting format into effect for next time.