PDA

View Full Version : pokerstars table selection

10-20-2005, 04:13 PM
I am just wondering how pokerstars players choose their tables. I obviously always go for the tables with the highest percent called showing, but usually at 2/4 the waits are 5 and six people deep that it doesnt really seem to mean much. wouldnt the weak players be the ones whose seat you are taking? Also the people ahead of you in line probably choosing that table for the same reason you are. So, I guess my question is how do you get to the good tables when the wait list is so long or is it really just luck?

playersare
10-20-2005, 04:31 PM
I think time of day or week is probably more important on Stars than having to select any particular table in one session.

if you stick to evenings and weekends then you won't have to mull that much over which 3-4 tables to open up.

Big Business
10-21-2005, 10:19 AM
I am a pretty superstious(?) person so I have a couple of criterias.

-A table with no waiting for little wating.
-Look at the stacks (I like the ones where if say 2/4 6max game people buy in for 40)
-I will play at least 2 or 3 orbits and get a feel for the table and if I don't like the play I find another one until one hits
-In my crazy mind I think I can tell if I am going to do good in the first few hands.
-And of course I use my Pokertracker and try to play against people I own

krimson
10-21-2005, 10:34 AM
I usually just take whatever seat and then stay or leave based on that seat turns out.

CCass
10-21-2005, 10:58 AM
I play 1/2 NL. I look at the flops seen %, who is at the table, stack size, etc... I have a pretty good database (PTracker) of the 1/2 NL players. If I am seated with a good/winning player (or 2), I do not automatically leave. It depends on who else is at the table. Many times we can both feed off the same fish, and generally stay out of each others way.

Guthrie
10-21-2005, 03:01 PM
I've tried waiting for good tables and just taking the first available seat. I don't think there's much difference. By the time you get through the long wait list for a good table, the fish may have busted out. I just play tight for a few orbits and see what shakes out. Sometimes the worst table turns out to be the best, and vice versa.