PDA

View Full Version : Who will the NBA Rookie of the Year be?

llabb
10-20-2005, 03:34 PM
Well, LeBron is running away with the MVP vote, as you might guess, so I thought we'd start a new NBA topic. Who do you guys think this year's top rookie will be? I've listed a couple frontrunners, who should get most of the votes, and included a bunch of darkhorses as well.

Who ya got?

<font color="white"> .</font>

kschellenger
10-20-2005, 04:03 PM
I like Bogut's chances simply because no one expects much from the Bucks this year and with the addition of Bogut and the return of TJ Ford, I think the Bucks will be near .500 and Bogut will recieve most of the credit for that.

Phoenix1010
10-20-2005, 04:29 PM
Channing Frye.

MightyMouse
10-20-2005, 09:21 PM
ryan gomes. starter for the Cs at 3. got 18 points in a preseason game. im expecting 15 points, 8 rebounds and 3 steals per game. plus top flite defense. guy should have been a top ten pick. celtics win the atlantic and make the eastern conference finals losing to the cavs.

C- Perkins
PF- Jefferson
SF- Gomes
SG- Pierce
PG- West

that is a disgusting lineup.

battschr
10-20-2005, 09:35 PM
I like Danny Granger.

Aytumious
10-20-2005, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ryan gomes. starter for the Cs at 3. got 18 points in a preseason game. im expecting 15 points, 8 rebounds and 3 steals per game. plus top flite defense. guy should have been a top ten pick. celtics win the atlantic and make the eastern conference finals losing to the cavs.

C- Perkins
PF- Jefferson
SF- Gomes
SG- Pierce
PG- West

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right, that is a repulsive lineup. Lotto bound for sure.

MightyMouse
10-20-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

C- Perkins
PF- Jefferson
SF- Gomes
SG- Pierce
PG- West

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right, that is a repulsive lineup. Lotto bound for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok west is an upgrade over gary payton.
Pierce is in much better shape with better attitude this year.
Gomes is better than Tony Allen.
Jefferson is a year older.
Perkins is a shotblocking rebounding machine. Look at his per 48 min numbers hes only 20.

How is this team lottery bound???

battschr
10-20-2005, 11:17 PM
I think the C's might be a year away, but are going to be asskicking machines for a long time here very soon.

MightyMouse
10-20-2005, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the C's might be a year away, but are going to be asskicking machines for a long time here very soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha fair enough. I agree they will be in for a rough year especially with marcus banks out til at least the all star break. im predicting 37 wins.

However 2006-2007 and beyond they will be perrenial 50 win team and title contendors.

Pudge714
10-20-2005, 11:41 PM
Charlie Villaneuva will win the Rookie of the Year, if the critertia is being horribly overpicked by the worst GM in the NBA. Otherwise I like Chris Paul.

Uston
10-21-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Charlie Villaneuva will win the Rookie of the Year, if the critertia is being horribly overpicked by the worst GM in the NBA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess you haven't been following the preseason at all.

llabb
10-21-2005, 03:25 AM
For anyone interested, I am getting better than even money to bet on Chris Paul, Andrew Bogut, and Deron Williams. If any of them win, I win. Full odds listed in the Sports Betting forum. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=3734074&amp;page=0&amp;view=colla psed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=31&amp;fpart=1)

LLXC
10-21-2005, 04:51 AM
Other: Ike Diogu

SammyKid11
10-21-2005, 07:00 AM
The two following quotes don't add up for me.

[ QUOTE ]
celtics win the atlantic and make the eastern conference finals losing to the cavs.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
im predicting 37 wins

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhh...which is it? 37 wins, or an Atlantic Championship and berth in the East Finals. I'll lay you some WICKED odds it won't be both.

Also, have you ever heard of the Miami Heat, Detroit Pistons, and Indiana Pacers? They're ALL gonna be better than Cleveland...and Cleveland will be much better than Boston.

Get your head outta Beantown and back to reality. Celts aren't doing a THING this year, and your boy ain't winning ROY either.

Pudge714
10-21-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Charlie Villaneuva will win the Rookie of the Year, if the critertia is being horribly overpicked by the worst GM in the NBA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess you haven't been following the preseason at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Villaneuva has been having a great preseason, but I have stopped paying attention to all preseason. If preseason was accurate Gabe Gross would have batted .300 with 30hrs 100 rbis, the Vikings would not be 1-4, and Villanueva would not be a front runner for the NBA ROY.

Aytumious
10-21-2005, 05:23 PM
There is talk out of Milwaukee that Bogut may not begin the year as a starter.

Phoenix1010
10-21-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha fair enough. I agree they will be in for a rough year especially with marcus banks out til at least the all star break. im predicting 37 wins.

However 2006-2007 and beyond they will be perrenial 50 win team and title contendors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doc Rivers will not be coaching any title contendors, no matter how talented the C's might be. They might get 50 wins a few times depending on how good Gerald Green turns out to be. The superpowers in the East are pretty young too. They're not just going to step aside. Oh, and they are a big longshot to win the Atlantic this year, though it's possible they'll get to sacrifice themselves in the first round again.

Popinjay
10-21-2005, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doc Rivers will not be coaching any title contendors, no matter how talented the C's might be. They might get 50 wins a few times depending on how good Gerald Green turns out to be. The superpowers in the East are pretty young too. They're not just going to step aside. Oh, and they are a big longshot to win the Atlantic this year, though it's possible they'll get to sacrifice themselves in the first round again.

[/ QUOTE ]

My prediction: Gerald Green will be another Gerald Wallace.

MightyMouse
10-21-2005, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

kid shot over 60 percent from 3 in high school, and can jump out of the building.

PWNED.

Claytus
10-23-2005, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

C- Perkins
PF- Jefferson
SF- Gomes
SG- Pierce
PG- West

[/ QUOTE ]

Being a die hard C's fan and having seen Gomes a bunch of times while he was playing for PC hes gonna get my vote

llabb
10-24-2005, 06:01 AM
Chris Paul last night = monster.

26 pts, 10 rebs, 5 asts, 4 stls, 2 treys, 9-of-15 shooting.

Yes, it's pre-season, but this is your Rookie of the Year.

In contrast, Bogut's last game: 8 pts, 7 rebs and nothing else, on 2-for-5 shooting. That's a typical line for him. And he's talking about coming off the bench. Deron might also. Is there even another guaranteed rookie starter, besides Chris Paul?

Popinjay
10-24-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

kid shot over 60 percent from 3 in high school, and can jump out of the building.

PWNED.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fk...I forgot that he was still playing high school. Oh wait, he isn't.

pokerdirty
10-24-2005, 02:32 PM
i voted for "who cares".

Phoenix1010
10-24-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Chris Paul last night = monster.

26 pts, 10 rebs, 5 asts, 4 stls, 2 treys, 9-of-15 shooting.

Yes, it's pre-season, but this is your Rookie of the Year.

In contrast, Bogut's last game: 8 pts, 7 rebs and nothing else, on 2-for-5 shooting. That's a typical line for him. And he's talking about coming off the bench. Deron might also. Is there even another guaranteed rookie starter, besides Chris Paul?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to post this too. Crazy night for the rook. It might be preseason, but he still put up these numbers against NBA players. Barring injury, he seems like a lock for the award.

Phoenix1010
10-24-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i voted for "who cares".

[/ QUOTE ]

I do. GTFO.

10-24-2005, 03:35 PM
I think Paul's got a really good shot at it. Also McCants might get a good chance to shine with no one but KG in Minny. Personally hope Gerald Green shines, but I doubt it this season.

llabb
10-24-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i voted for "who cares".

[/ QUOTE ]

I do. GTFO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Pokerdirty has some decent threads, but if you don't care about the NBA, then do us a favor and just stay out of the threads, rather than denigrating them.