PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see at a new online poker site

Big Ray
10-20-2005, 03:08 PM
Hey guys, I am involved in the creation of a new poker site due to be released in January. We have already come up with some very original ideas to set ours apart from the rest. The site will be a skin on a current network and we our working on some sort of points/rake back system which will be very competitive.

I would appreciate any suggestions you have to make this one of the best sites around. What have you always wanted from your site and what would you like to see done better? Ray.

lorinda
10-20-2005, 03:09 PM
How much are you paying?

Lori

Big Ray
10-20-2005, 03:45 PM
Lets just say if its a stunning idea we can sort something out. /images/graemlins/wink.gif Ray

krazyace5
10-20-2005, 03:51 PM
Fish.

ZBTHorton
10-20-2005, 03:55 PM
Lower rake.

Tiered rakeback system.

Deep stack tournaments.

JJNJustin
10-20-2005, 03:58 PM
snack bar comps

-J

LotsOfOuts69
10-20-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
snack bar comps

-J

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh and hot waitresses.

zoobird
10-20-2005, 04:38 PM
Lower rake is actually something I would think a lot of sites will begin offering at some point...there are just so many that they've got to start competing on 'price' to gain market share.

zoobird
10-20-2005, 04:39 PM
How about single table tournament freerolls with cash payouts? You could set it up with multiple rounds of qualifying to get into one that actually pays anything.

William
10-20-2005, 04:40 PM
Would be nice if the big hands held /images/graemlins/wink.gif

10-20-2005, 04:42 PM
A fast and efficient poker client. IE - doesn't hog memory, updates table stats quickly.

Bonuses that are not impossible to clear.

Rakeback

Points Rewards that are actually usefull products.

hustalasta
10-20-2005, 04:50 PM
In order of importance.

1) Schools of Fish.
2) Fish
3) Fish
4) Fish
5) Fish
6) Fish
7) easily imported hand histories
8) good/fast software, less total time allowed for each player to make a check/bet/raise.

NotBannedYet
10-20-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lets just say if its a stunning idea we can sort something out. /images/graemlins/wink.gif Ray

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you expect the merely good ideas to be handed to you for free. Looks like you have an upstanding site in the making.

Nightwish
10-20-2005, 05:01 PM
You're at least 2 years too late. Maybe even 3.

theben
10-20-2005, 05:13 PM
-a large player base

-good game selection

-site given automatic rakeback in place on bonuses with accurate, frequently updated counters and the ability to access (with a min. value restriction) money at any time from the RB awards

-a player rewards 'points' system with GOOD rewards (maybe things like bonuses, temporary increased RB %, poker software, books, cash exchanges for huge amounts of pts, goft cards, etc)

-play up to 8 tables at once

-fast dealing

-non-ugly graphics

-reliable connections

-*****GOOD support (most sites don't know what this means)

-fast cashouts

lorinda
10-20-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ray.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a new sign off, you already told us your "other" name before /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Lori

Big Ray
10-20-2005, 06:41 PM
We are thinking about a structured rake back system starting from 3000/4000 raked hands per month for about 15% of your rake. The max rake we would be able to give back will be around 30% and could not be higher. As a skin this would be impossible.

Also we should have many sponsers for the site which will enable us to give away holidays, clothes, discounts etc for leaderboard finishes and tournament wins.

Ray(or Dan if you prefer) /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

William
10-20-2005, 06:48 PM
YAWN! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

supersub
10-20-2005, 06:48 PM
Since you will be stuck in a skin I guess it can't be done, but in general I am amazed every time a pokersite hits the market and does not have that thing - or a version of it - pokerchamps had where you can play multible tables on any computer/monitor without overlap.
overlap is soooo 2005.

10-20-2005, 06:50 PM
topless dealers

theblitz
10-20-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
topless dealers

[/ QUOTE ]
Male or female?

lorinda
10-20-2005, 07:23 PM
Maybe you could drop the rakeback forum guys a PM and see if it would be okay to discuss it in there.

The affiliates are much more likely to give ideas for free (because if it works for you, they get paid).

Just a thought,

Lori

10-20-2005, 07:54 PM
Big Ray,

Forget gimicks offer a solid Sit n Go and players will flock.

1500 chips, 8+ minute blinds, 10 players.

if you do this please let me know what the site is called. I need a good sng site. UB is ok but the software looks terrible. Pstars would be perfect with it had 10 instead of 9 players.

thanks.

Art Vandelay
10-20-2005, 07:56 PM
One thing I'm a fan of is a mini view option.

10-20-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We have already come up with some very original ideas to set ours apart from the rest.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The site will be a skin on a current network

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Uglyowl
10-20-2005, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We are thinking about a structured rake back system starting from 3000/4000 raked hands per month for about 15% of your rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Triple it and I may give it some thought.

10-20-2005, 08:08 PM
It is critical that the site as a volume control. I like turn my music up and hate having to have the poker game sound scare the crap out of me each time some one bets.

10-20-2005, 08:13 PM
a flat montlhy fee instead of rake for high volume players

Id gladly play a fee of a couple grand a month in order to not have to pay rake.

10-20-2005, 08:23 PM
Free condoms. Goes along with an earlier suggestion for hot waitresses. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

10-20-2005, 08:28 PM
Didn't work for Dutch so I think this is a scratch before it comes out the gate.

jayboo
10-20-2005, 08:39 PM
Heres a list i put together a few months ago on here.
These are suggestions from 2+2 members and myself.

1 clean interface, no clutter/adds, or easily changeable.

2 easy to use chat that can be turned off

3 slider for N.L. games, clickable 1 B.B. increments

4 buddy list with search feature

5 waiting list for full tables

6 display the players seeing flop %

7 only show regeresting S&G's

8 custom avatars

9 fast and bug free software (downloadable)

10 ability to hide play money tables

11 hand histories stored on H.D.

12 industry standard rake or lower

13 very aggressive marketing

14 regular bonuses that are clearable

15 a good rakeback program for the chore player base

16 full ring, 6 max, and heads up for all limits

17 accurate and fast support email/phone

18 multiple deposit methods: igm/cc/check/neteller, etc..

19 fast cashouts, no more than 4 hrs

20 poker tracker compatible

Good luck. Jay

Big Ray
10-20-2005, 09:04 PM
As this site will be a skin we are restricted in many ways as to what we can offer. However it is possible to create are own games with our own structure so a sng with timed levels and a higher starting stack is a possibility. This would only work after the site was established though as it would be restricted to our site and our players only.

A 3 level volume control is also being considered.

Thx for the post jayboo, some of those ideas are not possible on a skin however we have the dedication and the staff to make this site our own. One large difference is this site will be run by a marketing company which should create a large number of new players. Ray.

10-20-2005, 09:07 PM
cool, whats the site called? I dont write it down I will forget about all of this.

Big Ray
10-20-2005, 09:43 PM
We are in negotiations for the .com right now. When it is finalised I will let you know. Ray.

TemetNosce
10-20-2005, 10:00 PM
Initially, I would want to see just one thing: AGGRESSIVE MARKETING.

Do this and try to get the fish to come play at your site (see: Party Poker). Then you can worry about rewards programs for high volume players.

Without the fish and player volume, rewards programs consisting of rakeback, prop pay, etc. don't matter (see: Games Grid, etc.). You must have player volume.

William
10-20-2005, 10:07 PM
Is it a skin of the party skins? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

peregrine
10-20-2005, 10:10 PM
"Initially, I would want to see just one thing: AGGRESSIVE MARKETING.

Do this and try to get the fish to come play at your site (see: Party Poker). Then you can worry about rewards programs for high volume players.

Without the fish and player volume, rewards programs consisting of rakeback, prop pay, etc. don't matter (see: Games Grid, etc.). You must have player volume. "

This is far and away the most important. All else is a distant second.

Sniper
10-20-2005, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One large difference is this site will be run by a marketing company which should create a large number of new players.

[/ QUOTE ]

From where?... You are about 2 years late for finding new players in the US.

What do you think will be your edge that will drive people to your site, over the 300+ other choices they already have?

TemetNosce
10-21-2005, 08:39 AM
While growth may be slowing, I don't think it's too late. There are plenty of high school and college kids that are watching poker on TV and playing little home games that will be ready to start playing online. In my small subdivision of 30 homes, I know of at least 5 high school kids that have said they can't wait until they can play online.

And don't forget, there is the population of current players now that can be enticed to come to a new site. You just have to give them a reason to switch.

You just need to hook them. Hook them by coming up with a fun, catchy name for your site (see: Party Poker). Fishy players are interested in playing at a site that they perceive as a FUN place to play (see: Party Poker). Also, offer some easily cleared initial deposit bonuses. Fishy players like "free" money. Once you get the fish, the non-fish will come.

Aggressively market the site and that marketing MUST include TV advertisements. Internet and print ads can only go so far. It's no coincidence that Party exploded in growth after they saturated the airwaves with TV commercials on WPT broadcasts.

It also would be good if you could find some top-notch affiliates. People who are go-getters like Jeremy of Partyriches would be a huge asset.

I don't think it's hard to do, it just requires the capital to aggressively market.

Petteri
10-21-2005, 08:46 AM
Lower rake could attract players. Current rake structure is extremely high compared to costs if site has traffic.

pottie
10-21-2005, 09:21 AM
6max MTT's

10-21-2005, 11:40 AM
Is there really anything that goes better with poker than strippers?

And really, im only half joking. Think $200 buy in 1v1 SNG strip poker. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

10-21-2005, 09:43 PM
hey, im completely new to the site, but ive been playin poker since i was 14. Im tired of these poker sites and thought of some stuff for you.

1. how bout a rabbit card request for sit n go's?
2. 2/4 limit shorthanded tables
3. attractive graphics
4. a bad beated player of the month list. (the most unluckiest player of the month gets a prize or something)
5. for all in's, percentages of who is winning
6. strong marketing to attract fish

10-21-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hey, im completely new to the site, but ive been playin poker since i was 14. Im tired of these poker sites and thought of some stuff for you.

3. attractive graphics
4. a bad beated player of the month list. (the most unluckiest player of the month gets a prize or something)

[/ QUOTE ]

For a 1st post, great. I agree with every point especially the graphics. Why, in 2005, are we still playing poker with programs that would make an 80's computer blush.

10-21-2005, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lower rake could attract players. Current rake structure is extremely high compared to costs if site has traffic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't see any fish choosing a site because of rake. If MORI did a poll of online poker players and asked how much is the rake I doubt more than 20% would know. It's the small print on any site.

dogsballs
10-21-2005, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It is critical that the site as a volume control. I like turn my music up and hate having to have the poker game sound scare the crap out of me each time some one bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

you must play on UB. Half the reason I dont play there much is cos the volume annoys the hell out of me.

timprov
10-21-2005, 10:13 PM
When you make major changes, warn your cutomers ahead of time rather than just springing it on them in primetime. This alone will put you ahead of the field.

10-21-2005, 10:16 PM
I have a suggestion, but if you use it I would like some duckets. I think you should integrate a level system where you can obtain points in free/money play. The points would allow you to do Mortal Kombat type finishing moves when you take someone out. It would be cool as well if you could obtain diff. charachters based upon your play. I think you should really look at making the site PSP (playstation portable) friendly as well. PSP has an internet browser at this time. Just my thoughts and I expect much more than a penny. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

dogsballs
10-21-2005, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

3. attractive graphics

[/ QUOTE ]

A rabbit card request is actually a great idea to juice up the game. Seeing what hand you might have made. Some sites leave a reminder of the cards you folded while a hand goes on, which I'm convinced helps the action. A rabbit card display would be just as good imo.

verg
10-21-2005, 11:02 PM
blackjack and sidebets /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sintax
10-22-2005, 12:17 AM
RakeBack/Rewards: I know rakeback isnt everything, but 15%? Why even bother? You are doomed before the gates even open. Practically everyone here already gets or can get a minimum of 30% rakeback at any poker site out there: Party/Skins, PokerRoom, UB, Prima, Absolute, FullTilt, Crypto...

But anyway, lets hpothetically say that your marketing strategy buses in more fish then retards to the zoo. The players here will just join another room on your network for higher rakeback and abuse the players your team brings in.

Look at GamesGrid as a case study. They offered a phenomeonal bonus/prop program. Within two weeks they had more games going than Full Tilt. The buzz and site were growing so fast, they cut the VFP program a week later and two weeks after that.. ghost town. There was some discussion that the VFP was too good for the players and that the house was losing money. Perhaps so. But I think the program could have been engineered slightly better so the house wasnt operating in the red. A small profit is better than none. Microsoft took a loss on every XBOX sold to break into the video game market where every system that wasnt Sony or Nintendo went down in flames. The strategy worked.

I've read so many posts (many in this thread) that say Party got big through marketing. Bullshit. Maybe thats how the noobs who havent been around long enough remember it. The first players at Party will tell you that they were drawn to the site by the 10% interest they earned by keeping their bankroll at Party. That got money into the site and games going. The marketing came later. Thats how they took over Paradise.

Software/Graphics: see www.stackspoker.com (http://www.stackspoker.com) I doubt you will be able to compete with that once they launch next month. The fish dont care if the SNG rounds are 6 minutes or 8 minutes, or 10 hands even. But those graphics are like a shiny object attached to a hook wriggling around in cyberspace.

Anyway, if you can't compete in the rakeback or player rewards department... And you can't compete in the graphics/software department... and Party and Stars have the traffic and best games locked up... what level do do you feel like you are going to compete on?

Sintax
10-22-2005, 12:22 AM
"Rabbit Hunting" would be a phenomenal feature to add to any poker room. Along with that, offer dealers choice games like "Follow the Bitch", "Baseball", "Dueces Wild" etc and you would attract even more recreational Wednesday night poker players.

PokerCat69
10-22-2005, 01:11 AM
Imagine something exactly like Pokerstars FPP, except you can convert them into cash. 25-30 points = $1 cash.
With that said, make sure the points build up just as fast as they do on stars.

If you built a proper point system with cash back, it would work exactly like a rakeback (without the need for a third party)

Or hell better yet, Just lower rake. Take 50% less from each pot that other sites take (across all limits)

10-22-2005, 03:55 AM
yeah a good rakeback that is easy to sign up for would be key.another thing i thought of was how bout a real good side bet feature? not just like how party poker has betting on the suit but like many different kinds of side bets, like at a sit n go, a side bet of who will get knocked out first (saying people can't vote for themselves). i think that would be fun, but my best idea i have has got to be that rabbit hole card.

hudat
10-22-2005, 04:39 PM
Offer many small freerolls and also micro-limit ring games, this will get the play money players converted to real money.

10-22-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah a good rakeback that is easy to sign up for would be key.another thing i thought of was how bout a real good side bet feature? not just like how party poker has betting on the suit but like many different kinds of side bets, like at a sit n go, a side bet of who will get knocked out first (saying people can't vote for themselves). i think that would be fun, but my best idea i have has got to be that rabbit hole card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or just have more morons like IlliniLou who just want to gamble.