PDA

View Full Version : Horrendously played session

Jeffro
06-04-2003, 12:45 PM
Was at girlfriends last night and jumped online and played about 30 hands, my mind was obviously not in the game. He are 5 hands during that session that I thought I could have played differently. I will follow up with the results, and some of what my thinking was. Looking for some brutally honest feedback, because I think I made some huge mistakes.

1. UTG raises, MP calls, I call in BB with Ah5h.
*** FLOP *** : [ 4d 2s 9s ]
I check, UTG bets, MP calls, I call.
*** TURN *** : [ 4d 2s 9s ] [ 5c ]
I check, UTG bets, MP calls, I call.
*** RIVER *** : [ 4d 2s 9s 5c ] [ As ]
I check, UTG checks, MP bets, I call, UTG calls.

2. EP calls, I call in SB with As10s, BB checks.
*** FLOP *** : [ 3c Ad 7c ]
I check, BB bets, UTG calls, I raise, they both call
*** TURN *** : [ 3c Ad 7c ] [ 4h ]
I bet, BB calls, UTG folds.
*** RIVER *** : [ 3c Ad 7c 4h ] [ 7d ]
I bet, BB raises, I call.

3. UTG+1 calls, I raise LMP with KdQs, UTG+1 calls
*** FLOP *** : [ Kh 3c 2d ]
UTG+1 checks, I bet, UTG+1 calls.
*** TURN *** : [ Kh 3c 2d ] [ 4d ]
UTG+1 checks, I bet, UTG+1 calls.
*** RIVER *** : [ Kh 3c 2d 4d ] [ 5c ]
UTG+1 checks, I check.

4. Folded to SB who raises, I fold in BB with 10c2c

5. MP calls, CO calls, I check in BB with QcQd.
*** FLOP *** : [ Ah 3c 2d ]
I check, MP bets, CO calls, I fold.

Vehn
06-04-2003, 12:56 PM
#1) Fold preflop. Fold the flop. Bet the river.

#2) Raise preflop. Has your hand ever been good here when raised on the river?

#3) Bet the river.

#4) Good!

#5) (...)

Was at girlfriends last night and jumped online

Reason # 2045 not to play internet poker.

CrackerZack
06-04-2003, 01:08 PM
reason #1 to play internet poker: Lower rake
#2: convenient
#3: currently much bigger school of fish
#4: collect a DB of thousands of hands for self-evaluation

I greatly prefer B&M but play internet mainly for reasons 4 and 2.

CrackerZack
06-04-2003, 01:15 PM
1.) Preflop call mediocre, fold on the flop, bet on the river. Why would you call the flop for a gutshot since you obviously didn't consider your A an out.

2.) I like the call from the SB but will sometimes raise if I've raised AA or KK from the blinds recently. Like the rest of the play. The call on the end might be a bit thin but I'm making it online 100% of the time. I have been bet into by 9-high when middle pair paired online numerous times. only once have I seen a raise-bluff but I'm not taking the chance for the entire pot.

3.) Fine.

4.) You don't seriously consider calling with this? ever? do you? Heads up with T2? If the entire table is in, then the button raises maybe, and a thin maybe, but this is truly trash.

5.) Raise pre-flop, and be the flop in the dark. 3-handed and you have the 3rd best starting hand with a MP and CO limper and will win this on the flop more than enough to make it profitable.

Ben
06-04-2003, 01:33 PM
Huge mistake: #5

POSSIBLE huge mistake: not folding 10c2c even against a steal attempt

Bet the river on #3.

cosmo kramer
06-04-2003, 02:12 PM
1) Fold on the flop

2) Raise preflop to isolate the limper

3) Played fine, on the river it is tough to see a worse hand calling a bet, so check is fine.

4) Played fine.

5) Raise preflop. You need to bet this flop to see where you are, check-folding is too weak.

rigoletto
06-04-2003, 04:43 PM
Was at girlfriends last night and jumped online

1) I presume jumping online was second choice to jumping her!

2) Don't play poker when frustrated!

Jeffro
06-04-2003, 07:41 PM
1. I believe a pre-flop fold was in order here, but wasn’t calling wasn’t awful. I got none of the flop so this was time to go, but I figured I could peal one of and take a shot at the gutshot. The five on the turn makes my ace outs good as well as adds the 5’s. I figure on the river to let them keep betting. UTG has AKo, MP has KQs and takes it down, guess my ace out was no good.

2. I hate raising out of the SB, and having to force the action, so I just called here, mistake one. Think I should have just bet this out was hoping for a bet from utg then I can check-raise, and fold out BB, but raised hoping to take it down on the turn. I always regret betting into the paired board, and I think I should have just check called here or fold to his river raise, was waiting for him to show the 7 and he shows the 25o for the turned nuts.

3. I debated the river on this hand the way this session had been going I figured I just got runner runner rivered, I was right he had A10o and was just waiting to check-raise. I oh so wanted to bet.

4. All right I never call here. Just beginning to get the feeling regulars are seeing me for an easy blind steal.

5. My pre-flop non-aggression I think screwed me here. Just bad. No other comment.