PDA

View Full Version : "DEAR DOMINIC" Let's get started

Dominic
10-20-2005, 02:35 PM
After being inundated with requests to write some sort of relationship/sex advise column (okay, one or two people suggested it), I've decided to help enlighten the lost souls of OOT with my vast experience and wisdom.

Here's how it's going to work:

Every month, I'll write a column having to do with dating, relationships, sex, family matters, etc.
PERSONAL matters. All topics that fall under this general category is fair game. But there will be no questions or discussion of sports, poker, film or other non-relationship type subjects. While religion may be an important part of a certain OOTers question, we will not be discussing religion as a subject in and of itself.

We're being serious here. While there may be a funny situation or question, I'm going to assume that you're sincerely looking for advice. I will do my best to answer your questions to the best of my ability. While I will not be putting anyone down for the "fun of it" or entertainment purposes, if you ask a stupid question or post a stupid comment, I will call you in it.

The subjects I write about from month to month may be something I decide to write about myself, or it might be taken from questions I receive from you. I will only receive questions via PM - NOT IN ANY THREAD I POST.

So use this link:

Dominic (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sendprivate.php?Cat=)

Naturally, once I post a column, the thread is open to discussion - but please keep it on-topic. If you agree, disagree, or have a question regarding that month's topic, feel free to post your thoughts in that month's thread. But again, any off-topic questions should be sent to me via PM.

While my past-experience in the adult film business may be relevant to a specific discussion, I will not be accepting general questions regarding it. Maybe sometime in the near-future I'll write a seperate column about the adult industry, but "Dear Dominic" is not the place for it.

While I'm white, male and straight, I will sometimes touch on female and/or gay issues, and I expect you all to respect other people's gender, race, and/or sexual orientation - and I welcome all questions or comments regardless of your background.

Although we all enter this world innocent and without prejudice, our personal experiences in this life no doubt color our opinions and world view. With that in mind, I think it only fair to tell you a little bit about myself, so you'll know where I'm coming from.

I'm 42. I grew up in an affluent New Jersey suburb, went to an all-boy Catholic high school, and had a very good childhood and teenage years. I have a younger brother and sister, my parents are still alive and still married, and my views on family are simple - they're your family and there's nothing they can do to warrant being cut-out of your life, short of murder.

I am an agnostic and am not a fan of organized religion, although I do respect other's beliefs. Actually, I'm in awe when it comes to faith - it befuddles me.

I'm a screenwriter and filmmaker, and I play poker semi-professionally.

I believe - heavily - in personal responsibility and "getting over" what happened in the past.

I've never been married. I have been in love exactly 4 times:

Donna - college sweetheart. We were engaged.
Traci - lived with her for two years
Brooke - dated for 4 years

I look back at my relationships with these three women as wonderful learning experiences and I certainly do not regret any of the time I spent with them.

As most of you know, I'm currently engaged to Erika, aka "Sticky Wicket" from these forums, and we're slated to be married in May, 2006...we've been together almost 4 years and we've just bought a house together. She is the love of my life and I'm thrilled to be with her.

I honeslty feel I have no agenda or "baggage" regarding women. Parental relationships are another matter!

As I expect you to be honest in your questions and comments, I feel I have to operate under "full disclosure." It's only fair.

So...I've slept with over 100 women. Not bragging, not ashamed, just putting the truth out there. I lived in L.A. for over 15 years, worked in both the legitimate side of the film industry, and the adult side...I had my fun. (This is something we will touch on in future columns)

I've never had a homosexual experience.

I believe in order for any relationship to work, there must be love, respect and most of all - TRUST. As we get into these columns, you'll find I will have no time or patience for jealousy.

Okay....that's about it....feel free to write me...my first coulmn, "DOMINIC'S MANIFESTO" will be posted sometime in the next few days and we can begin this grand experiment! I'll also be answering one or two of your questions...assuming you guys give me good material with which to work!

Remember, we're all in this together.

Dominic

astroglide
10-20-2005, 02:44 PM
http://www.greatposters.com/hope/fancypants.jpg

TheBlueMonster
10-20-2005, 02:45 PM
excellent idea. I look forward to this....

tdarko
10-20-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After being inundated with requests to write some sort of relationship/sex advise column

[/ QUOTE ]
regardless of how good your advice is, this proves how many idiots we have here /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

Slow Play Ray
10-20-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this proves how many idiots we have here /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This sentiment has been established a hundred times over. We're seriously going to need an acronym for this soon - seems like it comes up in most threads now.

tdarko
10-20-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We're seriously going to need an acronym for this soon

[/ QUOTE ]
TPHMIWHH

diebitter
10-20-2005, 02:53 PM
this seems appropriate....
http://www.happyhunter.com/wwfd.jpg

Slow Play Ray
10-20-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We're seriously going to need an acronym for this soon

[/ QUOTE ]
TPHMIWHH

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking more specific: TJPHMIWHIOOT

The "I" could also be replaced by an "L"

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

arod15
10-20-2005, 03:01 PM
Just out of curiousity why have they chosen you for this?

Sponger15SB
10-20-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, did you read the OP?

TheMainEvent
10-20-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's consistantly given the "standout" response to relationship/dating question threads in OOT

IndieMatty
10-20-2005, 03:05 PM
This could be good stuff. It could also be an utter trainwreck (through no fault of Dom). We will see.

Dominic
10-20-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This could be good stuff. It could also be an utter trainwreck (through no fault of Dom). We will see.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm betting on "trainwreck," but we'll hope for the best. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

El Ishmael
10-20-2005, 03:13 PM
Tell us about Aurora Snow's body.

bosoxfan
10-20-2005, 03:19 PM
If you are only taking question by PM, does this mean you will keep the source of the question secret? How will we be able to point and laugh? At least guessing who it's from could be fun.

mslif
10-20-2005, 03:21 PM
I think this could be interesting. I am eager to read your first column. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dominic
10-20-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you are only taking question by PM, does this mean you will keep the source of the question secret? How will we be able to point and laugh? At least guessing who it's from could be fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

goodd question....I will always post the name of the person asking the question, unless they ask to be annonymous.

Paluka
10-20-2005, 03:41 PM
I think this would be a lot more interesting if it was anonymous. People will be willing to ask more embarassing questions.

Dominic
10-20-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this would be a lot more interesting if it was anonymous. People will be willing to ask more embarassing questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said...if they want to remain annon., I will honor their request.

arod15
10-20-2005, 03:44 PM
No thats why i was asking....

swede123
10-20-2005, 03:44 PM
Mods, please change Dominic's title to "Dr Ruth" or "Dr. Phil" or something. Thanks.

Swede

arod15
10-20-2005, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the info....

Blarg
10-20-2005, 03:45 PM
I'm waiting for some funny gag ones. I'm not sure if I want to read the morbidly depressing stuff that real life problems are all about.

asofel
10-20-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yep...i think OOT could definitely be more interesting in general if there wasn't the feeling of "oh i'm going to get it for this"...

Dominic
10-20-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yep...i think OOT could definitely be more interesting in general if there wasn't the feeling of "oh i'm going to get it for this"...

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sorry, but how much more annonymous could you be, posting on a message board?? We only know you as "asofel," not who you really are, right?

RunDownHouse
10-20-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm sorry, but how much more annonymous could you be, posting on a message board?? We only know you as "asofel," not who you really are, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
Just another example of people attaching way too much importance to their e-personas.

I always thought you gave consistently horrible relationship advice, and was shocked to learn you weren't 16. Maybe this will be better, though.

Blarg
10-20-2005, 04:05 PM
I'm just wondering how many pages this will get to before we get some Dominic advice!

You sleeping on the job, Dominic?

[censored]
10-20-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm just wondering how many pages this will get to before we get some Dominic advice!

You sleeping on the job, Dominic?

[/ QUOTE ]

This was just an annoucement post so people could start sending questions.

SL__72
10-20-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mods, please change Dominic's title to "Dr Ruth" or "Dr. Phil" or something. Thanks.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Dr. Dom.

The Yugoslavian
10-20-2005, 04:26 PM
Apparently I didn't read the whole OP carefully enough...I will send pm instead.

Yugoslav

asofel
10-20-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, for the most part. However there are definitely people who do know me in real life as well, and I would think this is the case for most posters. I wasn't talking so much in regards to myself as much as others who've actually created gimmick accounts for just one question. I know what you're saying, but I still do think it'd be different...

Dominic
10-20-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Dr. Dom.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...I like this.

Ulysses
10-26-2005, 02:01 PM
Dom,

Please help these guys (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3757977&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=all&vc=1) out.

Thanks

4_2_it
10-26-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dom,

Please help these guys (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3757977&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=all&vc=1) out.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, Sklansky is offering the kid $100 if he scores. How can Dom improve on that unless he offers the kid a $200 money back guarantee? Hmmmmmm..............

tek
10-26-2005, 02:58 PM
Dear Dom,

A mutual friend of many of us (we'll call him "David" to protect his anonymity) constantly talks about picking up girls one third his age. I call BS, but he seems to believe his story. Dom, what should we tell him?

thanks, tek