PDA

View Full Version : You're missing out on all the action at Eurobet

keetz555
10-20-2005, 02:11 PM
Any of you guys still playing there? I'm doing the $200 bonus at the $2/$4 tables and man... it is NOT funny. Saw flop percentage hovers around 16-18, 10-12 percent preflop raises... People are basically playing nothing but AA suited (in a good game they'll consider playing KK in LP). Not only that! They protect their blinds like watchdogs, so stealing in LP is out of the question. I had an awful session today.

Hand 1: I limp in EP with AA, folds to BB who checks. I bet the flop, he folds.

Hand 2 (a couple of orbits later on another table): I get AA in EP again. I limp. Folds to BB who checks. He checks the flop, I check. He checks the turn, I bet, he folds.

The games are so dry it's unreal. Party, here I come!

toss
10-20-2005, 02:15 PM
Sounds like a pretty good game to me.

BigBrother
10-20-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any of you guys still playing there? I'm doing the $200 bonus at the $2/$4 tables and man... it is NOT funny. Saw flop percentage hovers around 16-18, 10-12 percent preflop raises... People are basically playing nothing but AA suited (in a good game they'll consider playing KK in LP). Not only that! They protect their blinds like watchdogs, so stealing in LP is out of the question. I had an awful session today.

Hand 1: I limp in EP with J4, folds to BB who checks. I bet the flop, he folds.

Hand 2 (a couple of orbits later on another table): I get J4 in EP again. I limp. Folds to BB who checks. He checks the flop, I check. He checks the turn, I bet, he folds.

The games are so weak-tight it's unreal. Gamesgrid, here I come!

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

EP limping IS the new blind stealing

keetz555
10-20-2005, 02:34 PM
Funny stuff. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Gamesgrid, huh? How 'bout rakeback?

ZBTHorton
10-20-2005, 02:57 PM
You limped with AA twice and are mad about the quality of play?

ilikeaces
10-20-2005, 03:00 PM
Any game is beatable just change your style.

PennDisc
10-20-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They protect their blinds like watchdogs
Hand 1: I limp in EP with AA
Hand 2 (a couple of orbits later on another table): I get AA in EP again. I limp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, this sounds optimal...

BigBrother
10-20-2005, 03:13 PM
If you search back to around May/June you can read all about the gamesgrid site. They offer a 1000% bonus which roughly equates to a 1-year almost-full rakeback. Plus they offered an hourly incentive to sit at their tables. So a bunch of us were sitting at their $3/6 tables stealing the blinds from each other from MP until the whole thing got old (oh yeah, and they cut the incentive payout in half).

Sniper
10-20-2005, 03:33 PM
Happy Birthday Toss!

keetz555
10-20-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You limped with AA twice and are mad about the quality of play?

[/ QUOTE ]
You're so cool.

Shut up.

A raise from EP made them run for the hills without exceptions. I was desperately trying to get some action on my big starting hands.

keetz555
10-20-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2 (a couple of orbits later on another table): I get AA in EP again. I limp.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They hate blind steals. A raise from EP is not considered a blind steal. Therefore they fold when you raise from EP and call when you raise from LP. Got it? Good.

Hornacek
10-20-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They hate blind steals. A raise from EP is not considered a blind steal. Therefore they fold when you raise from EP and call when you raise from LP. Got it? Good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on man, this is 2/4, not 50/100. Limping is asking to get cracked. And maybe they just didn't have the cards and/or didn't catch the flop. Check the VPIP before sitting down at a table.

lorinda
10-20-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: I limp in EP with xx, folds to BB who checks. I bet the flop, he folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do this every orbit.

Lori

gildwulf
10-20-2005, 03:59 PM
Man, I hate it when people play AA suited.

AA suited
10-20-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Man, I hate it when people play AA suited.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone call? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

keetz555
10-20-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on man, this is 2/4, not 50/100. Limping is asking to get cracked. And maybe they just didn't have the cards and/or didn't catch the flop. Check the VPIP before sitting down at a table.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, true, but it's just that every time I raised from the first three seats, everyone folded. I win the blinds with hands like KK, QQ and AKs. It really does get frustrating after a while. Normally I never limp in with big hands. Checking my stats... when I play at a normal game at Party, my PF raise percentage with AA, KK and AK is like 95.

Innocentius
10-20-2005, 04:31 PM
I also have problems beating tight-passives, but I think its just because I've gotten so used to the loose-passives at party. Just adjust. Ultra-passive isn't good poker, and you can beat them if you apply yourself.

PS. Love your avatar.

Freudian
10-20-2005, 05:19 PM
So you mean that NL25-tables with VP$IP of 12% is bad?

keetz555
10-20-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I also have problems beating tight-passives, but I think its just because I've gotten so used to the loose-passives at party. Just adjust. Ultra-passive isn't good poker, and you can beat them if you apply yourself.

PS. Love your avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spot on! You're exactly right, it's all about adjustment. I'm used to getting cold-called from two or three places with my EP raises. I need to switch up my game, and that's probably my problem... I'm not diverse enough. I know how to play TA against LPs, but I suck at adjusting to a rock garden... (Or at adjusting, period.)

Ps. Gotta love Jun, eh?

Photoc
10-20-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
People are basically playing nothing but AA suited

[/ QUOTE ]

I must be missing the fun at Empire. How the hell do you wait for AA SUITED?

EvanJC
10-20-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, true, but it's just that every time I raised from the first three seats, everyone folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

so raise from the first 3 positions every time and get rich off blinds. problem solved /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

10-20-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Enjoy!

hellite
10-20-2005, 07:12 PM
You are a wimp. Quit criticizing a +ev play. Merely picking up the blinds with AA sucks because the hand is worth significantly more than this. If you are too scared to limp with big hands tha is ok. Just do not think that the most obvious p-lay is the optimal one in all formats because it obviously is not. The occassional limp / limp reraise can do wonders for your game.

keetz555
10-20-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I must be missing the fun at Empire. How the hell do you wait for AA SUITED?

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh my God. I am so embarassed.

By the way, this is not a sarcasm.

keetz555
10-20-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are a wimp. Quit criticizing a +ev play. Merely picking up the blinds with AA sucks because the hand is worth significantly more than this. If you are too scared to limp with big hands tha is ok. Just do not think that the most obvious p-lay is the optimal one in all formats because it obviously is not. The occassional limp / l
imp reraise can do wonders for your game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. You're cool too, Sir. What was the purpose of your post?

Siingo
10-20-2005, 07:22 PM
Last time I played at Empire (early on the day) then I played at max$25. That is the lowest No-limit limit there is. The best table I found was a table with average pot on $3. That table did not have one player with a VPIP over 25%. That is sick!

Sure it is probably baetebal anyway but it is not fun to play at at table like that. Everytime I got AA in the BB then everyone folded. Why? Becaus they wont call even from the small blind if the havent got atleast a A with a good kicker and the odds is low that they have that when I have 2 A. Well changed to party and found tables with average pot on $10. Sure I dont get bonus or rakeback but it is alot more fun to play there...

Siingo
10-20-2005, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure it is beatebal but for how much?! And is it fun to play in games like that?

jman220
10-20-2005, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are a wimp. Quit criticizing a +ev play. Merely picking up the blinds with AA sucks because the hand is worth significantly more than this. If you are too scared to limp with big hands tha is ok. Just do not think that the most obvious p-lay is the optimal one in all formats because it obviously is not. The occassional limp / l
imp reraise can do wonders for your game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. You're cool too, Sir. What was the purpose of your post?

[/ QUOTE ]

He was defending you. Reread his post.

MicroBob
10-20-2005, 09:34 PM
yeah. i was kind of confused about that part.
some guy is actually WITH him and he doesn't seem to realize it.

What I read of the original post:
Hi, I was playing in a game where NOBODY was playing a damn thing. They were all playing extremely weak-tight poker (probably clearing bonuses at empire or euro) to the degree that they should have been EASILY beatable. I mean...if they never play and frequently fold they can't be that dangerous, right?
Unfortunately, I suck at poker and was unable to beat these terrible players.

SynSid
10-21-2005, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Hand 1: I limp in EP with AA, folds to BB who checks. I bet the flop, he folds.

Hand 2 (a couple of orbits later on another table): I get AA in EP again. I limp. Folds to BB who checks. He checks the flop, I check. He checks the turn, I bet, he folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand how they can be only playing AA AND defending their blinds "like watchdogs". Are you saying that they always get AA when you're in LP?