PDA

View Full Version : $10/20 limit cashgame: Is gloating frowned upon?

DonHansen
10-20-2005, 01:18 PM
This is nothing but a funny hand. Stop reading right now if you are looking for education.

$10/20 limit cashgame, 6-handed table. Solid players before this hand. One player on tilt after the hand was completed /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm CO when I pick up

5/images/graemlins/club.gif5/images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG and UTG+1 folds, I raise $20 to steal. Button folds, both blinds call. $60 in the pot, 3 players see the flop:

6/images/graemlins/club.gif3/images/graemlins/club.gif4/images/graemlins/club.gif

SB and BB chekcs, I bet $10. SB folds, BB checkraises. I put him on an overpair or made flush, but an open-ended straight flush draw is not your everyday flop, so I think "what the hell" and reraise. He calls. $120 in the pot, two players see the turn:

7/images/graemlins/club.gif

What do you do when you hit your straight flush except try to conceal that evil grin on your face...? Good thing this was the internet.

BB checks, I bet $20, unfortunately he just calls. $160 in the pot. I'm happy because I gonna win of course, but ponders how I can get paid with this monster of monsters. But then the river floods and that's when things went out of hand. Introducing -

A/images/graemlins/club.gif

- the miracle-card BB needed! He thinks for two seconds and bet $20. I raise of course, and he promptly reraise. Before I cap the betting, I just have to rub it in, so I type "straight flush" in the chatbox. Immature gloating, I admit, but how often do you get straight flushes?

The dude stops for 20 seconds, but what can he do at this point except call? So there's $320 in the pot when we show down. He held

K/images/graemlins/club.gifT/images/graemlins/club.gif

which of course was the nut flush. Unless some other mother should happen to hit a straight flush...

*whistles happily*

D.

shant
10-20-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is nothing funny about this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Evan
10-20-2005, 01:23 PM
This forum is for strategy posts.