PDA

View Full Version : 100/200 vs walkover

ALL1N
10-20-2005, 12:59 PM
100/200 Crypto

From what I've seen, this guy is fairly solid. Nothing interesting had happened with him until this coldcall. My image is probably loose and somewhat donkish, and I suppose this is relevant cos haven't played that many hands vs him.

I open AThh in the CO, and walkover coldcalls right behind. Blinds fold.

Flop 8s7s6s. I check. Thoughts??

stoxtrader
10-20-2005, 01:14 PM
checking seems like giving up to me. Cause my next action would be to fold.

I would lead this flop.

spoohunter
10-20-2005, 02:18 PM
Any two cards over 10 probably muck to a flop bet, minus maybe AK and AQ. That's alot of combos to get rid of.

ggbman
10-20-2005, 02:20 PM
I think getting like 5.5 to 1 on an immidiate bet, this is a must bet since he has to muck all paint cards without spades. If you check, its hard to play the rest of the hand.

JacksonTens
10-20-2005, 08:35 PM
First thoughts.... Yay someone else lives in Melbourne.

Second thoughts.... Well you could bet the flop, but that is just so standard a good player will see right through it, in many cases I think your behind as his cold call could be a better A or high PP, but surely he'd 3bet with these.he may or may not have /images/graemlins/spade.gif in which case you could push him off a draw later. But its tough. If he's weak. I'll bet the flop, bet the turn. Fold to a raise, unless you feel he bluffs colour boards. Alii in all I don't think AT wins many showdowns and your A's are a little tainted... I'm rambling, bugger it. I think you get what I'm gettin at.

JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Jeffage
10-20-2005, 08:52 PM
Bet because you may take it down now or on the turn and the hand will be much easier to play. If I'm that guy and see you check fold in the spot often when rags flop, you are going to have a problem.

Jeff

TStoneMBD
10-21-2005, 08:39 AM
were you planning on checkfolding or calling down?

does anyone have any thoughts on what walkovers coldcalling range is here and what hands of those will he fold the flop? if hes going to peel the flop with an exceptional amount of hands i would rather just checkfold as following through on the turn cant be good and he will take the pot away from you.

phish
10-21-2005, 10:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
were you planning on checkfolding or calling down?

does anyone have any thoughts on what walkovers coldcalling range is here and what hands of those will he fold the flop? if hes going to peel the flop with an exceptional amount of hands i would rather just checkfold as following through on the turn cant be good and he will take the pot away from you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your mindset's all wrong. Don't play this game if you're going to think like that. If you intend to give up on every hand where you don't flop the nuts,...

exist
10-21-2005, 10:11 AM
don't worry, TStoneMBD would definitely bet here. i think he's just trying to see if there's a situation where betting could be wrong.