PDA

View Full Version : 6-max for juicy games

silvershade
10-20-2005, 12:24 PM
Hi, I'm playing 1/2 during european time and finding it harder and harder to find any full ring games that are really worth playing in, most full tables are mainly a mix of TAGs and weak tights ( even at Party ) during my playing times. So I am wondering if all the weaker players are now to be found at the 6-max tables which at first sight look pretty juicy.

I'm pretty clueless at 6 max right now, do people think its worth the effort to learn this game ( I wasnt planning on doing so yet ). Are the rewards there to justify moving over from full ring?

numeri
10-20-2005, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi, I'm playing 1/2 during european time and finding it harder and harder to find any full ring games that are really worth playing in, most full tables are mainly a mix of TAGs and weak tights ( even at Party ) during my playing times. So I am wondering if all the weaker players are now to be found at the 6-max tables which at first sight look pretty juicy.

I'm pretty clueless at 6 max right now, do people think its worth the effort to learn this game ( I wasnt planning on doing so yet ). Are the rewards there to justify moving over from full ring?

[/ QUOTE ]
One word: Yes.

steveshoe
10-20-2005, 12:35 PM
Fast and Furious. 6max is what I have been playing for about 2 months now. You can open up your playable hands a little more. But you must be more aggressive most of the time. Blinds come quicker. Less players to try to categorize. Good luck and enjoy.

crownjules
10-20-2005, 12:41 PM
1/2 full has been notoriously tight for quite some time, no matter where you play. This is mostly due to the existance of 1/2 6max which attracts most of the LAGs at the given limit. So to answer your question, yes you will see more action at the 6max games.

Read this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=micro&Number=2536762&fpart =&PHPSESSID=) post by MrWookie as it has some good 6max links. Also, if you have HEPFAP, read over the SH section. Those are good jumpstarters into the world of 6max play.

TheHammer24
10-20-2005, 05:05 PM
Visit the HUSH forum. It's really good. 6-Max is well worth your time.

DCWildcat
10-20-2005, 05:42 PM
Oh, how I fought switching from full to 6-max.

Now that I'm here, I'm never turning back. Those 80/40/5's that you always looked for back in full ring? Yeah, they're at 6-max, and there in force.

DMBFan23
10-20-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
do people think its worth the effort to learn this game

[/ QUOTE ]

no, it's really tough, in fact I would advise all tight aggressive winning players to not learn 6max...