PDA

View Full Version : Interesting bubble situation...

foobar
10-20-2005, 11:45 AM
Hi all,

Stars one table $100 sNg. We're down to 4 players. Blinds 75/150. Stacks are approximate, but close:

SS1: 2k (Seat 1)
SS2: 2k (Seat 2)
Hero: 7k (Seat 3)
TS: 1k (Seat 4)

Tiny Stack (TS) has literally folded every hand and just been blinded down since we were at 6 players. It's clear to everyone that he's content to get blinded into the money. Because the other small stacks are aware of this, they have tightened up even more than usual for bubble play, allowing me to steal more pots than normal. Anyhow, as play goes on and TS gets blinded down to ~500 chips, I start folding my SB to his BB because I felt that keeping him in the game gave me more steal equity on the hands that we weren't in the blinds.

Anyhow, was an interesting situation that I'd never come across before. Thoughts?

tigerite
10-20-2005, 11:49 AM
I've seen it a lot, it's quite often discussed, or was in the past. Not so much these days, though. Hell I even did it yesterday to a microstack of 250, with 75/150 because there was another guy on 800, and him hitting the blinds took him down to 600, so I had two equal stacks to my right. This meant I could steal with impunity the next hand, virtually. Keeping the bubble alive can quite often be an advantage with a big stack, for sure.