PDA

View Full Version : miss a river bet?

dopp16
10-20-2005, 10:32 AM
live 10/20-Borgats

8 handed---total donk in the 3 seat playing 75% of her hands and catching. 1-seat seems a little loose passive but able to lay a hand down, loves to play his draws

3-seat is BB

Fold around to me and I open raise with 7s7d

Button(1seat) calls 2 cold and donk calls from the BB

Flop: kc jd 7c

BB checks, I bet, Button calls, BB raises, I call, button calls

Turn: 6h

BB bets, I raise, Button calls two, BB 3-bets, I cap, button folds, BB calls

River: 2s

BB checks (maybe busted flush?) I bet, BB raises, I call.

I had her on probably top two although she probably would have 3-bet kj cause she was a maniac. Couldn't put her on kk or jj, maybe turned a set. Either way thought I should have 3-bet the river

hobbsmann
10-20-2005, 10:48 AM
If she is a maniac there is no excuse not to 3-bet this river.

10-20-2005, 10:55 AM
Against a typical opponent I definitely am not 3 betting. Against LAGs and semi-maniacs, it really comes down to what you think here range of 3 betting hands are here. Will she do it with top pair? two pair? a set?

Another important point is that you are only behind KK and JJ, so I think we can 3 bet b/c she didn't reraise preflop. Taking that into consideration against a LAG I think this is an easy river 3-bet.

felix83
10-20-2005, 12:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Another important point is that you are only behind KK and JJ, so I think we can 3 bet b/c she didn't reraise preflop. Taking that into consideration against a LAG I think this is an easy river 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

She couldn't make any hand on the turn or river that beat you, so it's just a question of whether she flopped a higher set. It's way more likely you have her beat; 3-bet it.