PDA

View Full Version : WTF?

The Truth
10-20-2005, 09:05 AM
Ok, I am back on party, and giving the NL a go.

5-10 6 max nl on party

5 handed.

SB is pretty LAG, nothing really out of line yet. UTG+1 is a fish loose passive.

I get QhQs UTG and raise it to 30 (about 1300 behind). UTG+1 calls (2000), button folds, sb calls(1250), bb folds.

Flop comes: 4s 5d 7c

Sb checks, I bet 100, UTG+1 folds, sb calls.

Turn comes: 9c
Sb pushes for about 1100. I have about 1150.

Just want to hear some comments on the situation.

thanks
blake

MarkL444
10-20-2005, 09:14 AM
i fold here, but i think i play weak sometimes. its very suspicious, but i feel like i can find better places to commit my stack. also, you've given him every reason to believe you might have a big pp. so he should at least realize theres some chance you'll call.

MarkL444
10-20-2005, 09:15 AM
also, theres a whole lot of river cards that you wont really want to see.

flawless_victory
10-20-2005, 09:36 AM
999 good.

Denutz
10-20-2005, 09:51 AM
"999 good."

Yup. I think why the villain's move works sometimes is exactly b/c of the WTF factor. A play like this makes you think, why in god name's would he do that would a great hand? He must be bluffing, and he doesn't realize that I have an overpair, I'll catch his bluffing ass.

Then, ruh row -- 99 or 86s. Laptop out the window.

psuasskicker
10-20-2005, 09:54 AM
Any chance SB called your flop bet rather than raised to try to get UTG2 to keep playing? His bet is very confusing, and I usually need to know a little bit about the player before making a call like this. Lotta hands he could have beat you here, and a lotta river cards could improve him if you're currently in front. Meanwhile, if you're behind you're virtually dead. Bet it huge in comparison to the size of the pot.

If you've shown the propensity to give up pots or he's been known to make massive bets to pick up some pots, I'd probably call. Otherwise, I'll likely fold this cause of the possible call to induce UTG2 to keep playing. If it was HU on the flop, I'd lean much more toward a call.

- Chris

FoxwoodsFiend
10-20-2005, 11:37 AM
I've been shown TT and JJ here way too often to fold barring a read here.

The Truth
10-20-2005, 11:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Any chance SB called your flop bet rather than raised to try to get UTG2 to keep playing? His bet is very confusing, and I usually need to know a little bit about the player before making a call like this. Lotta hands he could have beat you here, and a lotta river cards could improve him if you're currently in front. Meanwhile, if you're behind you're virtually dead. Bet it huge in comparison to the size of the pot.

If you've shown the propensity to give up pots or he's been known to make massive bets to pick up some pots, I'd probably call. Otherwise, I'll likely fold this cause of the possible call to induce UTG2 to keep playing. If it was HU on the flop, I'd lean much more toward a call.

- Chris

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG+1 folded, then he called my flop bet.

I feel like its a flush draw + a pair more often than it is a set of nines though.

In the hand, I folded. So, I don't know what he had for sure.

OESD + flushdraw? I figured even if he has a big draw, I'm not a big enough favorite to warrant calling. Because of the times he has a set offsets the value I gain from the times he has a draw.

blake

arod15
10-20-2005, 11:43 AM
I think your description describes it perfectly WTF and fold....

Hattifnatt
10-20-2005, 12:20 PM
He probably have a straight and a flushdraw, but I fold here anyway.