PDA

View Full Version : 38 (35-3) Multi-tabling on Bodog question

10-20-2005, 07:40 AM
One more question (I just posted below).....and again, I haven't seen this answered anywhere. I'm thinking about multi-tabling on Bodog. I play so far in only 35-3 6 person SNG's on Bodog. My ROI through 160 games is 39.5%. What kind of "hit" to my ROI can I expect if I decide to multi-table. Also, I would only play 2 tournaments at once (I think any more would make my head explode).

Thanks

brimstone1
10-20-2005, 08:05 AM
Welcome to the forums, please take the time to read this before posting (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2821605&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1), because most of your beginner questions will be covered in there.

Your sample size of 160 games, regardless of buy-in, is very small.

We cannot ballpark your ROI when you *gasp* play 2 at a time. Multitabling will generally lower your ROI (although 2 tables might not even change it) but increase your $/hr, and thats one of the main reasons people play more and more tables at a time.

10-20-2005, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the response Brimstone, but I'm not really asking if my sample size is sufficient. Let me ask the question a different way....say I have an ROI of 39% after 5,000 SNG's. How much of a hit could one expect from multi-tabling......5-10% reduction maybe?? 15-20%??

Before I posted the first time, I read through the thread you referenced for about 2 hours....I did not see this addressed. Maybe I missed it.

schwza
10-20-2005, 10:22 AM
I think one thing sort of tucked into Brimstone's response is that it's very unlikely you have a 39% ROI over the long haul, especially at 6-max (because they're shorter, so that would mean even more profit). So expect to see a dip whether you 1-table or 2-table.

Your question is totally reasonable though. I don't know the answer to it.

I'd say you'll lose more than Party/Stars 10-player STT'ers will say b/c you lose more reads (don't have PT to help and 6-max makes early reads more useful), and bodog is very stingy with time to act.