PDA

View Full Version : 38 (35-3) ROI on Bodog question - 6 person SNG

10-20-2005, 07:36 AM
Hello everybody. I've spent some time reading the twoplus two forums, but this is my first post ever....so here it goes....

I have a question that I was hoping I could gets some opinions on. I moved to Bodog (from Pacific) about 3 months ago and have been playing exclusively 35-3 6 person SNG's. I decided to move from Pacific to Bodog because Bodog pays out more top heavy for 1st and 2nd than Pacific does for their 5 person SNG's. I realized that I was finishing 1st and 2nd more than any other place, so I figured I should be playing in games that reward me for doing well.

So my question is an ROI question (I didn't see this answered anywhere in the forums so I hope this hasn't already been answered), but through 160 SNG's on Bodog my ROI is 39.5%. I'm pretty pleased with this # because from what I can tell in other posts this ROI # is pretty solid. However, I noticed that it seems like most people play 10 person tournaments and compute their ROI based on these games. Since I play 6 person tournaments that pay 65% for 1st and 35% for 2nd, in order to make an apples to apples comparison of myself versus others, don't I have to almost artifically reduce my ROI?? I mean, in theory, since the 6 person tournaments pay top heavy to 1st place, wouldn't any "above average" (that is any player who wins more than he is "expected") see a bump up in ROI just by virtue of the fact that first place pays more top heavy?? I don't know if I'm explaining this right, but hopefully you understand what I'm asking.....or is ROI ROI and I can evenly compare my 39.5% to what other people are posting.

Also, I know it has been posted that some people think you need 500 SNG's to get an accurate ROI, but I think my 160 SNG's puts me more or less in the ballpark of my "true" ROI.

Thanks a lot everyone. I look forward to your answers and appreciate your help!!!

bones
10-20-2005, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, I know it has been posted that some people think you need 500 SNG's to get an accurate ROI

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hope someone hasn't posted this.

[ QUOTE ]
but I think my 160 SNG's puts me more or less in the ballpark of my "true" ROI.

[/ QUOTE ]

160 sngs doesn't even put you in the same city of your "true" ROI.

[ QUOTE ]
in order to make an apples to apples comparison of myself versus others,

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does anybody else's ROI matter to you? You make money based on your own performance, not how your performance stacks up against others.