PDA

View Full Version : The Warriors, one of the best fighting games ever

oreogod
10-20-2005, 06:59 AM
Made by Rockstar (makers of GTA), came out a week ago. This is seriously one of the greatest fighting games ever. Right up there with Streets of Rage and Final Fight but better. No joke. Even then it mixes it up with more in game features, much like GTA/Manhunt.

Also, after u beat the story mode and the other mode u unlock a 2D fighter version of the game that is exactly like Final Fight/Streets of Rage/Double Dragon. Very very cool.

Main site (http://www.rockstargames.com/thewarriors/warriors.html)

Exitonly
10-20-2005, 07:07 AM
what kidn of controls are there? just simple button mashing? Jade-Empire like maybe?

oreogod
10-20-2005, 07:10 AM
no, more than that. There are tons of combos, etc stuff like that. Controls to command your gang (and the AI is actually GOOD in this game), ton of weapons. More open-endedness...some GTA like features (robbing stores, ppl, avoiding trouble with cops, stealing stereos, graffiti...etc). Plus the fighting part feels very awesome.

Game is completely solid. All I can say, anybody that has ever loved fighting games, like the ones mentioned and double dragon, will love this.

Blarg
10-20-2005, 08:48 AM
How are the creeps in the movie? Do they look cool and is there a feeling of scariness? I loved the baseball gang in the movie, and it had lots of Oh crap! scariness.

MrTrik
10-20-2005, 04:50 PM
I played GTA:VC and thought it was fun, but never got 100% because of some of the busy work crap. Actually I hit every unique jump, tracked them religously and still ended up one short. After redoing them twice I was still missing one. And there is no way to tell which one you are missing.

Then I played GTA:SA and the same thing. Rockstar does great games but I don't understand their insistance on boring crap in order to do well in the game. I'm completely uninterested in crap like horseshoes and oysters, hated the bmx challenge and the bike challenge and some of the other crap. The hotring race is so frustrating I gave up. Bad car, bad race.

The missions and stories are so well done I just don't understand why they need to make chores out of crap you aren't interested in. If they said you need to complete 3 of these 9 tasks it might work, but you need them all to get important upgrades.

Does warriors have this sort of stuff? The stuff almost noone would like but you need to do to get certain weapons, vehicles, or other upgrades?

If there isn't too much of that boring sh*t I'll probably give it a try.

oreogod
10-20-2005, 07:00 PM
Heres an GTAish example of detail in the game.

I was running around Coney, and I saw some lady doing her laundry at the laundromat. So I tackled her, punched her a few times, mugged her, tossed her through the storefront window, and saw that she was crawling away. I ran up and kicked her in the stomach twice, and then she puked all over the ground. That's like the first game I've ever seen that did that.

Second example: Some guy was in the phone booth talking to his friend about taking Karate to fight back against all the gangs, and how he was already enrolled. I grabbed him, took his money, shoved him against the booth, and started punching him in the stomach and face. I then threw him down face first on the concrete, and started stomping on him until his legs were broken and he couldn't stand up.

This game is crazy. I usually dont buy many of them as they usually suck, but this game is pretty brutal and worth it as a beatem up

Sightless
10-20-2005, 07:05 PM
Shame it aint for pc _:

Blarg
10-20-2005, 08:26 PM
Er, I meant how are the creeps in the game? Is the atmosphere any good? Or is it basically just button mashing with the occasional bit of filler?

steelcmg
10-27-2005, 11:48 AM
I just rented this game and i have to say it is awesome. Its not just a bunch of button mashing. You have to do all kinds of crazy combos to do things. Like steal car radios u need to rotate both joy sticks. Then to rob people u need to push one of the joy sticks and find where it makes the control vibrate. There are times when u have to just mash buttons to beat up guys but u can do combos and what not. You also can controll the other people in your gang. By making them attack people or watch your back and what not. If the way they started making games so u have more controll over everything like in this game. I cannot wait for others to come out.

drewjustdrew
10-27-2005, 04:51 PM
I thought you guys were messing around until I started seeing commercials recently. I don't game, but I loved that movie. Can you pull a train on the chick? I know it is offered in the movie. I like the Orphans and the Baseball Furies.

Mr_J
10-27-2005, 05:23 PM
"and I saw some lady doing her laundry at the laundromat. So I tackled her, punched her a few times, mugged her, tossed her through the storefront window, and saw that she was crawling away. I ran up and kicked her in the stomach twice, and then she puked all over the ground. That's like the first game I've ever seen that did that. "

Wonder why.

"Some guy was in the phone booth talking to his friend about taking Karate to fight back against all the gangs, and how he was already enrolled. I grabbed him, took his money, shoved him against the booth, and started punching him in the stomach and face."

Now that one is just funny. Anything any guy gets he deserves. I feel bad about killing women in gta (not the oldies). Hell, every time a chick dies in a teen flick I'm thinking what a waste. Why does the bimbo always die??