PDA

View Full Version : What % of hands should winning players win?

intoxicatedtiger
06-04-2003, 05:18 AM
What % of hands should winning players win? I'm not talking about just the hands they play, but the percentage of all the hands they are dealt. For example, in a 10 handed game, should they win 10% of the entire hands they are dealt? Or since they play fewer hands, should they win less? Also, if players win less than the optimal % of hands, should this be attributed to not calling enough, not bluffing enough, just running bad, something else, or a combination of all factors? How about if people win more hands than they should? Is this because of a good run of cards? Thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Dynasty
06-04-2003, 07:12 AM
My main thought is that having this information will not make anyone a better player.

rigoletto
06-04-2003, 07:53 AM
Also, if players win less than the optimal % of hands

Here is no such thing as an optimal win %.

You want to win money not %.

Robk
06-05-2003, 11:22 AM
There is no right answer to this question. It's like "How many hands should I play?" or "How much should I be losing from the SB?". In a loose and wild game, the winning player will have a very low % of wins, because he will only be playing strong hands, and they won't usually be holding up. In a very tight game the winning player will be playing more loosely and winning many pots with flop and turn bets. So his win % will be much higher. In other types of games, the answer will be in between the extremes.