PDA

View Full Version : The BSPs are on vacation

natedogg
10-20-2005, 05:41 AM
I am leaving town tomorrow and have had no time to research BSPs for this week. I have some ideas but no research to back it up. There is a chance I will be able to post from the road on Saturday night. Otherwise the BSPs are on a bye for week 7.

To be honest, they need a break anyway.

The BSP record so far: 1-13-1.

natedogg

ThaHero
10-20-2005, 05:42 AM
My bankroll doesn't need a break! I need all the locks I can get.

Get to work!

junkmail3
10-20-2005, 10:55 AM
This is unaccecptable.

[ QUOTE ]

Get to work!

[/ QUOTE ]

McGahee
10-20-2005, 11:15 AM
I say somebody does some research this week taking over an an interim basis, and the BSP picks will only count against the season record if they lose like they always do. Replacement must do a solid job of research or picks can be vetoed.

mrbaseball
10-20-2005, 11:27 AM
We should get that guy who wrote up the New Orleans game last week to give us his picks. He was perfect /images/graemlins/smile.gif

But if you just peruse a few consensus boards you will come away with the BSP picks of choice.

Easy E
10-20-2005, 12:49 PM
That's always a good BSP choice

Stellastarr
10-20-2005, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am leaving town tomorrow and have had no time to research BSPs for this week. I have some ideas but no research to back it up. There is a chance I will be able to post from the road on Saturday night. Otherwise the BSPs are on a bye for week 7.

To be honest, they need a break anyway.

The BSP record so far: 1-13-1.

natedogg

[/ QUOTE ]

NOOO say it ain't so!

10-20-2005, 02:32 PM
Asking around my office, I got KC as a possible BSP choice.

10-20-2005, 02:48 PM
When I looked at this week's lines, the first thing I thought was "KC are dogs in Miami? Sign me up!"

I've gotten over it now, but that's a very good sign that this game has BSP potential. The unstoppable Broncos against the fumbleful Giants may also tickle the BSP's fancy.

10-20-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When I looked at this week's lines, the first thing I thought was "KC are dogs in Miami? Sign me up!"

[/ QUOTE ]

That was pretty much what the people I asked were saying. Which is why I think it should be a BSP candidate.

kyro
10-20-2005, 02:54 PM
I have picked Miami as my $400 pick because I find it utterly ridiculous that they have a chance. I did the same with the Saints last week. I say the anti-BSP of the week is Miami -2

scott8
10-20-2005, 04:34 PM
Did you forget what KC looked like last time on the road?

ThaHero
10-20-2005, 05:17 PM
Wait...How exactly does natedogg come up with the BSP picks? I thought there was a website called BSP that he was fading. It's becoming obvious that it's not(or else we could just go to the site). How does he come up with the BSP picks?

20Five
10-20-2005, 05:33 PM
Im pretty sure what he was doing was going around to all the general sports related sites and message boards, and finding games that the general public was high on. Could have sworn I saw some 'expert analysis' from the likes of Yahoo! Sports and ESPN etc were being faded, as this is what 9/10 Joe Publics get their information from.. could be wrong though! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

10-20-2005, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I've gotten over it now, but that's a very good sign that this game has BSP potential. The unstoppable Broncos against the fumbleful Giants may also tickle the BSP's fancy.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the irony of course is that after week 1 Denver was being written off as patsies and the Giants had just pulled off a "surprising" 42-19 win over the Cardinals. The only reliably changing constant over 6 weeks are bettors' perceptions, not usually the teams themselves (injuries aside).

scott8
10-20-2005, 05:38 PM
I have a buddy who is the definition of the public and he called me on Tuesday to tell me he was "unloading" on KC.

I consequently, have put 2 units on Mia.

Uglyowl
10-20-2005, 08:17 PM
Nate.. you are the man, I am going to miss your picks.

My first thought was Baltimore looks awfully good as +1 against Chicago. I would cringe putting money on Chicago (therefore probably a good thing)

CCx
10-20-2005, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I consequently, have put 2 units on Mia.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree, KC is a definite BSP pick this week, I've got a decent sized bet on the fish myself.

whipsaw
10-20-2005, 08:49 PM
I'm heading to AC this weekend, so I will be around plenty of drunk idiots who like to gamble and probably like sports. I'll ask around to see who they think will run away this weekend, and if I'm coherent Sunday morning, I'll post something. NateDogg might be on vacation, but BSPs never take a week off!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jibbs
10-20-2005, 09:04 PM
Ughh. Left to my own devices to pick games. God I hope I have money left to play next weeks BSP picks. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

10-21-2005, 03:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you forget what KC looked like last time on the road?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't forgotten, but apparently the BSP's have. KC wasn't all too impressive at home either (blowing a big lead vs Philly and outgained last week by Washington with the difference in the game an 80 yard fumble return).