PDA

View Full Version : moderators are lame

natedogg
10-20-2005, 05:29 AM
These moderators are making me sick. Can anyone point to even a single instance where they have improved the experience of this board?

All I've seen is that they have locked threads, banned posters, and inserted themselves into rousing good *mutual* flame wars with their little nanny finger waggings. It's unreal.

"Don't call him stupid. If you do it again you'll be banned johnny. You don't want that do you?"

I have no idea what kind of freakin loser wants to scan this board so they can find instances of rude behaviour just so they can jump in and wag their finger, but I'm pretty sure I'd want to key his car if I ever had the chance.

It makes me sad that anyone was stupid enough to think moderators for this board were a good idea. If you can't handle going out onto the big bad internet and reading an insult from a stranger who disagrees with you about your politics of all things (it's not like people tend ot get emotional over politics or anything), then you are a silly little crybaby loser and you *need* the harsh insults to help you wake up to reality.

Honestly the mere existence of these moderators poking in and around and inserting their lame moderating heads up comments makes me sick. IS there a way we can get rid of them? Can we vote them out of here?

This board doesn't need moderators and should not have moderators.

natedogg

PoBoy321
10-20-2005, 05:55 AM
Between politics and OOT, I don't necessarily think that the mods have made posting worse, but I definitely wouldn't say that it's any better.

AngryCola
10-20-2005, 06:12 AM
I'm sorry my distaste for duplicate threads disturbs you, but it's not as if I locked your post or anything like that.

Have a wonderful day!

Darryl_P
10-20-2005, 06:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but I'm pretty sure I'd want to key his car if I ever had the chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROTFLMAO

I'm definitely in favor of minimal to no moderation. Maybe as a service to more sensitive types they could label some threads with a small symbol to indicate the presence of flaming, foul language, nudity or whatever, but to edit posts and ban users is unnecessary imo, especially when everyone is free to use the ignore feature on posters they don't like.

tomdemaine
10-20-2005, 08:16 AM
I'm glad that you didn't post this in Other other topics. Dissent is a bannable offence don'cher know /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Acutally I'd quite like to see the righteous fury of Natedogg when he feels his freedom/independant thought is being curtailed VS the heavy handed Mods. A fun ideological battle would be had by all.

And then you can open a new account with 3 g's /images/graemlins/smile.gif

10-20-2005, 09:21 AM
I think a moderator should move this thread to OOT. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously, while I agree that this board doesn't need a moderator, a moderator can theoretically add value by stepping in in the most egregious cases. And I think that we can all agree, without necessarily going into details, that the current moderaton situation on this board is a vast, vast improvement over the previous one.

As for OOT, well..........