PDA

View Full Version : Causing Anger

CMangano
06-04-2003, 05:04 AM
So, for the first time in my brief poker career, a player got angry with me at the table. The craziest part is, he wasn't even in the hand. Here is what transpired:

I am dealt A9 3 from the button. It's folded to me and the table has gotten fairly tight, so I figure this is a good time to try to steal. I raise and it works, well until the big blind calls. So, the two of us see a flop of:

Q 8 Q rainbow. I decide to give it one more shot to see if I can get him to fold. I bet, he calls.

The turn brings an A. I figure if he has a Q I am about to find out. I bet he calls, I feel ok but not great.

River is a blank, I check he checks. He shows KK and I win. I was stunned by this, so I typed "wow, you shoulda reraised me." He realizes this and types something like "ya, I know."

But, the guy to my left, not even involved in the hand, types "what's the point if you're raising with A9 off anyways? Not like you'll fold."

Now I am even more stunned. So I just type in "lol, you're right." I then prayed for AA.

asdf1234
06-04-2003, 05:11 AM
Don't worry about it, there are many idiots who flame at the table. You shouldn't have to explain yourself because it's your money.

Clearly you had a reason for trying to steal and it's not like you were dead if you were called. You just got lucky this time, fish like you pay off more than they win /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Just kidding, I like your play, and absolutely hate your opponent's.