PDA

View Full Version : Nut str8 on flop, worse(?) draw than opponent.....

10-20-2005, 04:56 AM
I would appreciate some comments on this hand.....
PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $1.00 BB (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero ($91)
CO ($159.45)
Button ($20.50)
SB ($32.50)
BB ($100)
UTG ($98)
UTG+1 ($83.45)
MP1 ($331.65)
MP2 ($81.20)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $1, MP1 calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $1, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($6) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets $5.7</font>, MP1 calls $5.70, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $28.5</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to $82.45</font>, MP1 folds, Hero?

Now what?

joewatch
10-20-2005, 05:03 AM
Get out of my game! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Anyway, raising the flop here is a bad idea.

Finally, use the converter, it works great for Stars.
http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi

10-20-2005, 05:44 AM
so you dont want beginners like me at your table?

joewatch
10-20-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so you dont want beginners like me at your table?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, of course you're welcome, I'm just kidding. It's just weird to see my name being posted in a hand - most people use the converter to change it to "villain" or whatever.

psyduck
10-20-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Get out of my game! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Anyway, raising the flop here is a bad idea.

Finally, use the converter, it works great for Stars.
http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is raising the flop bad?

joewatch
10-20-2005, 06:15 PM
Raising the flop is bad because you will only win a small pot, lose a big one, or split.

In this situation, since you have a back-door flush draw, flat call; if the turn makes somebody else a bigger str8, completes the diamond flush, or pairs, then it's time to muck. If the turn is a heart, then you can raise it up.

As a matter of fact, given that this was unraised preflop, folding your flopped nut str8 with weak redraw isn't a bad play either. There are way too many bad cards that can come on the turn to wreck your hand.

psyduck
10-20-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raising the flop is bad because you will only win a small pot, lose a big one, or split.

In this situation, since you have a back-door flush draw, flat call; if the turn makes somebody else a bigger str8, completes the diamond flush, or pairs, then it's time to muck. If the turn is a heart, then you can raise it up.

As a matter of fact, given that this was unraised preflop, folding your flopped nut str8 with weak redraw isn't a bad play either. There are way too many bad cards that can come on the turn to wreck your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus... omaha is so different from Hold'em. folding the nuts because of a weak redraw is crazy from the perspective of a pure HE player.

thanks for the insight.