PDA

View Full Version : 99- turn set vs. stright/LgeField ValueBet?

smokylosecannon
10-20-2005, 04:24 AM
CO is 28/4.3/1.2 based on 140 hands. Yes I know river bet was not good idea-- c/c is much better. My question is though, flop and turn play. What do you think about leading on flop with 99 over pair against large field-- better to c/c? I end up calling 2 more SB. Also, I b/r on turn for value. I do have 10 outs. Any comment is welcome. Yes, that include how poorly I played on river...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (18.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (39.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 43.50 BB

10-20-2005, 05:05 AM
Honestly i think the flop call is a little bit questionable.
With it being 2 bets back to you, you are only getting 13.5-1. At this point it seems like you are behind and drawing. (MP3 has a bigger pair) Not only that, but I think there is a good chance you are drawing almost dead.(to a straight) On a flop like this, in a big pot, and in your position i would just check and see what happens behind me. depending on the action it might be correct to check raise (if the bet comes from your immediate right, which it did) just check call (if a player on your left bets and everyone just calls you can call and try for a check raise on a good turn card) or in some cases check fold.

On the river i would just check call given the turn action. if you are lucky the player has a smaller set, however he probably has the nuts.

@bsolute_luck
10-20-2005, 08:52 AM
i really don't like that flop lead in a big pot in a huge field on this coordinated of a board. you're putting in too many bets when A-high PFR will probably raise you to get a free card if you're not already behind to a premium pocket pair.

i'm still not sure about calling the flop or not.

10-20-2005, 09:15 AM
I think check-raising the flop (if it's the PFR betting) is better, since then you might knock some players out, even though you probably won't, but still, betting out will make sure everyone stays in the pot.

So what if you all check and MP3 bets and CO raises, what then? I think you'd have to 3bet, and really get this pot short-handed. And even ifyou're behing, you'll probably suck out on the turn anyway. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

W. Deranged
10-20-2005, 09:17 AM
Three-bet pre-flop.

The rest of the hand plays differently, and easier.