PDA

View Full Version : KC Miami Under---bad weather?

10-20-2005, 03:17 AM
This number has moved from 43 to 41/40.5 presumably due to the storm that may hit. i heard they were considering moving the game to KC but have since said that they will not. anyone down there have a weather report?

CieloAzor
10-20-2005, 12:37 PM
The game was just moved to Friday night. I was liking Miami in this game, but I don't know who benefits, if anybody, from this last minute schedule change. I'll probably just lay off.

CCx
10-20-2005, 12:51 PM
does anyone know if this game will be televised? i would imagine not with college football being aired on friday nights, but that would be a double whammy if it were

10-20-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said broadcast and television details were being worked out.

[/ QUOTE ]

An extra day of NFL football? I think I just wet myself. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

steve_dave
10-20-2005, 01:56 PM
last year when they moved to Miami/Ten game to saturday due to weather they couldn't broadcast the game because of college football

10-20-2005, 01:56 PM
Dolphins are 0-2 when rescheduling a game because of a hurricane (weeks 1 & 3 of 2004). Not known how they perform against the spread when rescheduled because of a hurricane, or how AFC East teams have performed historically against AFC West teams when a hurricane-related rescheduling was involved. One of the prior two hurricanes was given a male moniker, and one a female moniker, so no clear trend there.

scott8
10-20-2005, 02:12 PM
POTD /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LotsOfOuts69
10-20-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
does anyone know if this game will be televised? i would imagine not with college football being aired on friday nights, but that would be a double whammy if it were

[/ QUOTE ]

It's actually against the law to televise this game on a Friday night, it will not be on outside the relavent local areas.( Satellite Dishes may be a different story, but it wont be on espn or broadcast channels for sure)

Sluss
10-20-2005, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's actually against the law to televise this game on a Friday night, it will not be on outside the relavent local ares.

[/ QUOTE ]What about Sunday Ticket? I know they were the only ones to carry the Steelers Dolphins hurricane game last year.

tech
10-20-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's actually against the law to televise this game on a Friday night

[/ QUOTE ]

Which law?

tech
10-20-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What about Sunday Ticket? I know they were the only ones to carry the Steelers Dolphins hurricane game last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

They better put it on. I remember there was one game last year that got moved (for hurricane or something) and they only showed it in local markets. It wasn't on Sunday Ticket or anywhere else. I remember being quite pissed. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

10-20-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What about Sunday Ticket? I know they were the only ones to carry the Steelers Dolphins hurricane game last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

They better put it on. I remember there was one game last year that got moved (for hurricane or something) and they only showed it in local markets. It wasn't on Sunday Ticket or anywhere else. I remember being quite pissed. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm pretty sure the deal is that they show it taped sunday

tech
10-20-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm pretty sure the deal is that they show it taped sunday

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, exactly. Anyone know why they don't just show it live? I know the one dude said there was a law, but I've never heard of such. There has to be some reason though.

CCx
10-20-2005, 08:51 PM
just read "The game will be televised by CBS affiliates in primary secondary markets in South Florida and Kansas City. But there will be no national telecast."

Jibbs
10-20-2005, 10:49 PM
Yea, I live in KC. wooohoooo. er...uh...sucks for you guys though.

Jibbs
10-20-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? we don't live in Kansas City.

jedinite
10-20-2005, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? we don't live in Kansas City.

[/ QUOTE ]

Schitzo much? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm in one of the televised market areas tomorrow, I'll writeup a full report if anyone is interested...

steve_dave
10-20-2005, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's actually against the law to televise this game on a Friday night

[/ QUOTE ]

Which law?

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know if its against the law, i know they couldnt' air it on saturday last year because of some agreement not to conflict with highschool and college football tv airings... even on directv sunday ticket you couldn't get the game on saturday outside a primary market, it was shown taped on the sunday

IHateKeithSmart
10-21-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The game was just moved to Friday night. I was liking Miami in this game, but I don't know who benefits, if anybody, from this last minute schedule change. I'll probably just lay off.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI - Just heard on ESPN radio that KC isn't flying in until a couple hours before the game. For what that's worth.

Easy E
10-22-2005, 12:23 PM
It's worth -2 units to my bankroll, that's what it's worth! /images/graemlins/frown.gif