PDA

View Full Version : watch me play poker

baronzeus
10-20-2005, 02:54 AM
2 sh tables 2 semi-full 20/40 tables. there are a few glaring errors im sure but i haven't gone through it myself yet.

sry PAHud wasnt working /images/graemlins/frown.gif so we just have to deal with table reads. please find the tons of leaks!

video (http://baronzeus.com/newsession.avi)

TStoneMBD
10-20-2005, 05:09 AM
CO openraises, you call in the BB with A9o

board is all unders rainbow uncoordinated. You checkcall? turn is a king you checkfold?

++hard to make out the action. i would checkraise this flop. the king is a bad card but you gave him your money by calling the flop and folding the turn. you pretty much just gave him a half a bet.

-
UTG2 openraises, button calls, you call in the BB with J9o

++dont like this blind defense. from a LMP raiser i would defend, maybe MP2, but UTG2 youre dominated.

-
3 handed, button openlimps, SB raises, you call in the bb with 78o

flop is K78

SB bets, you call planning to raise the turn.

++i would raise this right on the flop although i could see a case being made for the turn.

-
3 handed, SB openraises, you 3bet K9o from SB bb calls sb call.

flop is QTx. you bet, bb folds, sb raises, you 3bet

++i dont like the 3bet. i would just call at this point unless you had a particular read. did you? villain is sweeta11

-
you openraise AJo EMP, CO 3bets, you call.

flop is A89 2 hearts you dont have a heart

you bet, he raises, you 3bet he calls?

turn is a blank

you bet, he raises you call.

++wowow. i would slow down. flop bet or checkraise is situational but the 3bet is crazy. then you called a turn raise. do you have a read on this guy that hes nuts? if not you spewed alot against normal players.

-

you openraise KQcc UTG, UTG+1 3bets, folded to you you call.

flop is J42 with a club. you check he bets you call

++i see no reason to draw even to your backdoor flush draw. your overcard outs are tainted and he has you crushed. fold

-

you openraise in the CO with A2s, BT calls, BB calls.

Flop is 855 with a flush draw out there none of your suit. you bet, but raises you call

++why are you calling this raise? even if you catch your ace youre probably dead to your kicker.

-

co openraises, you call in the BB with 93s

++foldfoldldlldolflld

-

you openraise ATo from HJ, button a megadonkey calls, BB calls.

flop is K24

BB bets, you call

++foldldolfoldloldldlfold

-

you openraise on the BT with J9o, SB a megadonkey calls and so does BB

flop is Axx with 2 of your suit

you bet, SB checkraises bb folds you call

++what were you thinking? were you going to bluffraise the turn? when the turn came and you picked up outs you just called. if you were not planning to bluffraise you are giving this idiot your money.

-

44vpip player limps in MP, you raise in LP with A5o

++i wouldnt isolate players with A5o. i think thats way too low. youre in a reverse implied odd situation with barely any preflop hot and cold equity.

-

sthief09
10-20-2005, 05:13 AM
maybe I should take a video of my computer for a 24 hour period so someone can help me figure out why I never end up playing

10-20-2005, 05:15 AM
No idea what type of player CO is. If he is so loose-passive that this is unthinkable, consider this for a more average/whatever type of opponent.

Baron's got K /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif in MP1.

Preflop:
3 folds, Baron raises, 2 folds, CO calls, 1 fold, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/club.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB checks, Baron bets, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Sb checks, Baron bets, CO calls, SB folds.

River: Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Would this be a good situation to induce a bluff/bet from a weaker hand?

baronzeus
10-20-2005, 05:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
CO openraises, you call in the BB with A9o

board is all unders rainbow uncoordinated. You checkcall? turn is a king you checkfold?

++hard to make out the action. i would checkraise this flop. the king is a bad card but you gave him your money by calling the flop and folding the turn. you pretty much just gave him a half a bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was planning on calling down. he was a donkey, the board was ragged. the king changed my mind.
-

[ QUOTE ]

UTG2 openraises, button calls, you call in the BB with J9o

++dont like this blind defense. from a LMP raiser i would defend, maybe MP2, but UTG2 youre dominated.

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe, im way too loose in multiway hands with connectors i think

[ QUOTE ]

-
3 handed, button openlimps, SB raises, you call in the bb with 78o

flop is K78

SB bets, you call planning to raise the turn.

++i would raise this right on the flop although i could see a case being made for the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
i think raising the flop kills some action and i can make up a ton more equity on the turn.

[ QUOTE ]

-
3 handed, SB openraises, you 3bet K9o from SB bb calls sb call.

flop is QTx. you bet, bb folds, sb raises, you 3bet
++i dont like the 3bet. i would just call at this point unless you had a particular read. did you? villain is sweeta11

[/ QUOTE ]

i have reasonable equity here, and the guy had seen me playing back at him. he seemed reasonably solid but i thought it was a fairly good chance for him to play back

[ QUOTE ]

-
you openraise AJo EMP, CO 3bets, you call.

flop is A89 2 hearts you dont have a heart

you bet, he raises, you 3bet he calls?

turn is a blank

you bet, he raises you call.

++wowow. i would slow down. flop checkraise is situational but the 3bet is crazy. then you called a turn raise. do you have a read on this guy that hes nuts? if not you spewed alot against normal players.

[/ QUOTE ]
i think i spewed a lot here. i shoulda just layed it down on the turn.

-
[ QUOTE ]

you openraise KQcc UTG, UTG+1 3bets, folded to you you call.

flop is J42 with a club. you check he bets you call

++i see no reason to draw even to your backdoor flush draw. your overcard outs are tainted and he has you crushed. fold

[/ QUOTE ]
-
man i really hate checkfolding this flop. but it is probably right.

[ QUOTE ]

Flop is 855 with a flush draw out there none of your suit. you bet, but raises you call

++why are you calling this raise? even if you catch your ace youre probably dead to your kicker.

-

[/ QUOTE ]

the fact that button coldcalled then raised any flop was really suspicious. i think a worse draw is VERY possible and theres no way i give up that easily.

[ QUOTE ]

co openraises, you call in the BB with 93s

++foldfoldldlldolflld

-

[/ QUOTE ]
this one was a misclick

[ QUOTE ]

you openraise ATo from HJ, button a megadonkey calls, BB calls.

flop is K24

BB bets, you call

++foldldolfoldloldldlfold

[/ QUOTE ]
no. this guy wasnt a donkey. he knew what he was doing. i was tempted to raise this one and bet the turn but i decided not to. i think he bets into me with a king about 0% of the time.
-

[ QUOTE ]

you openraise on the BT with J9o, SB a megadonkey calls and so does BB

flop is Axx with 2 of your suit

you bet, SB checkraises bb folds you call

++what were you thinking? were you going to bluffraise the turn? when the turn came and you picked up outs you just called. if you were not planning to bluffraise you are giving this idiot your money.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was definitely planning on c/r the turn here. guy was a total moron on the flop and was raiisng pretty muchc every flop. but hten i picked up outs and wussed out /images/graemlins/frown.gif
-
[ QUOTE ]

44vpip player limps in MP, you raise in LP with A5o

++i wouldnt isolate players with A5o. i think thats way too low. youre in a reverse implied odd situation with barely any preflop hot and cold equity.

-

[/ QUOTE ]
ehh, its close. A7 is an easy raise, A6 is a raise but closer, A5 is on the border. this is definitely not my standard play.

Thanks for your time btw. definitely appreciate it.

baronzeus
10-20-2005, 05:21 AM
i dont think this is the time to induce a bluff. he'll check behind a lot of queens and tens here.

sthief09
10-20-2005, 05:29 AM
4 handed, CO opens, you call A9o BB. flop 842. you check-call. turn K. you check-fold

TStoneMBD
10-20-2005, 05:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

-

the fact that button coldcalled then raised any flop was really suspicious. i think a worse draw is VERY possible and theres no way i give up that easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

i totally understand that hes been playing back at you every hand, but knowing that he is going to bet any turn, unless you plan to call him down the flop call is -ev. if your plan is to checkfold the turn unimproved youre bleeding chips.

also, i think the twoplustwo standard is that A5o is too low to be isolating players. it sounds reasonable that you think your preflop equity is good so a raise has value, but A5o plays terribly postflop. when you flop an ace they checkfold and when they flop a pair they check call. you have no folding equity and all you end up doing is allow them to extract value when they have a pair and fold when you catch your ace.

baronzeus
[ QUOTE ]
4 handed, CO opens, you call A9o BB. flop 842. you check-call. turn K. you check-fold

[/ QUOTE ]

ya i was gonna call down till that K hit. you suggesting raising the turn there? raising the flop?

Jeff W
I hope I make a celebrity guest appearance at one of these tables.

baronzeus
10-20-2005, 05:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

-

[/ QUOTE ]

i totally understand that hes been playing back at you every hand, but knowing that he is going to bet any turn, unless you plan to call him down the flop call is -ev. if your plan is to checkfold the turn unimproved youre bleeding chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was def def def calling down most turn cards. i was raising an A, raising whatever made 2 pr on the board, raising whatever put trips on the board.

baronzeus
10-20-2005, 05:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pm me your username. or just float every hand and c/r every turn :-P

TStoneMBD
10-20-2005, 05:34 AM
if your plan was to see a showdown with the A2s then i think the flop call is ok. its tough, but i saw that guy making ridiculous moves against you so a showdown might be +ev. i just hate taking the 2 kicker to the showdown. with a higher kicker the decision is much easier for me.

Jeff W
10-20-2005, 05:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pm me your username. or just float every hand and c/r every turn :-P

[/ QUOTE ]

Try to guess. I am at one of your tables.

flawless_victory
10-20-2005, 05:37 AM
this thing doesnt work for me...

sthief09
10-20-2005, 05:38 AM
I wouldn't even let the K come

sthief09
10-20-2005, 05:38 AM
you gotta dl it

baronzeus
10-20-2005, 05:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

right click and click "save target as"

baronzeus
10-20-2005, 05:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

right click and click "save target as"

sthief09
10-20-2005, 05:40 AM
calling a sb raise with K4o after the button open limped?

Jeff W
10-20-2005, 05:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is you need some kind of codec like X-Vid.

baronzeus
10-20-2005, 05:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
calling a sb raise with K4o after the button open limped?

[/ QUOTE ]

probably another retarded click. i swear, i dont mean to defend with that trash /images/graemlins/blush.gif:

Jeff W
10-20-2005, 05:42 AM
I think betting is good in this KK on AAT-9-Q hand.

sthief09
10-20-2005, 05:43 AM
one hand you got AK on a QQTT board with a flush draw OOP HU and you bet. I check there.

Jeff W
10-20-2005, 05:44 AM
Wow, I just owned someone really hard. I rule.

Btw, aren't you supposed to be sleeping?

sthief09
10-20-2005, 05:45 AM
button (seems aggro) opens, you 3-bet K9o with a huuge BB donk. don't like that bc of the button but I can live with it.

flop comes QT4 two-tone. you bet, BB folds, button raises, you 3-bet, he caps. turn 6. you check-call. river you check-fold

speeeeeeeeeeew

TStoneMBD
10-20-2005, 05:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
one hand you got AK on a QQTT board with a flush draw OOP HU and you bet. I check there.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was thinking the same thing but it was really close so i didnt point it out cause i think it can go either way

baronzeus
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I just owned someone really hard. I rule.

Btw, aren't you supposed to be sleeping?

[/ QUOTE ]

PS i have no idea who you are yet. Are you the dude with 99 vs AKs LRR?

oh btw guys. watch this at 1600x1200 full screen. its meant for that resolution.

sthief09
can't /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Jeff W
10-20-2005, 05:47 AM
You check called rivered trip 7s (76 on 9877x 3 flush)against a shortstack (sophiehannah)... I think you can give more action there.

baronzeus
10-20-2005, 05:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
button (seems aggro) opens, you 3-bet K9o with a huuge BB donk. don't like that bc of the button but I can live with it.

flop comes QT4 two-tone. you bet, BB folds, button raises, you 3-bet, he caps. turn 6. you check-call. river you check-fold

speeeeeeeeeeew

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/frown.gif aww come on we all spew sometimes. dont tell me you havent capped a gutshot from time to time /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

sthief09
10-20-2005, 05:49 AM
guy opens from EMP. you call in teh bb with 76s hu. meh

flop comes 974 two tone. you c/r. meh

turn comes an 8 putting a flush out. you bet and call a raise

river pairs the 7 leaving 3 to a flush on the board. you check. ughh. he bets, you call. ughhhhh

PS this is awesome

Jeff W
10-20-2005, 05:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
PS i have no idea who you are yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm the guy who never plays any hands. Ever.

My vpip was a woeful 17 at tables with an average of 6.2 players today. I am panicking.

Jeff W
10-20-2005, 05:52 AM
You just bet 22 on a QT9x board with 3 clubs and you had no club. I think you should not put another bet in on this board.

sthief09
10-20-2005, 05:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

speeeeeeeeeeew

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/frown.gif aww come on we all spew sometimes. dont tell me you havent capped a gutshot from time to time /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

me? never /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

baronzeus
10-20-2005, 05:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PS i have no idea who you are yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm the guy who never plays any hands. Ever.

My vpip was a woeful 17 at tables with an average of 6.2 players today. I am panicking.

[/ QUOTE ]

why are you panicking? that's only 4 points lower than my PFR 6 handed /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ok ive narrowed you down to 3 ppl.

Jeff W
10-20-2005, 05:58 AM
If you do figure it out, please don't post in thread.

Also, you just bet A9 OOP on a QJT9 board.

Thumbs down.

10-20-2005, 05:59 AM
You're button with A6o.

Folds to you.

You fold...?

baronzeus
10-20-2005, 06:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you do figure it out, please don't post in thread.

Also, you just bet A9 OOP on a QJT9 board.

Thumbs down.

[/ QUOTE ]

of course i wouldnt post it.

yes that bet was retarded. but im not sure if i mind my 22 bet so much.

baronzeus
10-20-2005, 06:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You're button with A6o.

Folds to you.

You fold...?

[/ QUOTE ]

oops /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jeff W
10-20-2005, 06:03 AM
You just called an UTG+2 raise in the BB in a 10-handed game w/ KTo.

100 hail marys and 500 our fathers.

bugstud
10-20-2005, 06:09 AM
AQo 4 handed turn raise from derQ007...you called on a 9642? board...what was the plan if you didn't river a Q

baronzeus
10-20-2005, 06:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
AQo 4 handed turn raise from derQ007...you called on a 9642? board...what was the plan if you didn't river a Q

[/ QUOTE ]

was there a flush draw on the board? i was probably calling down. i rarely call a turn raise there and fold the river UI. although its possible if the pots big enough.

sthief09
10-20-2005, 06:11 AM
maybe an interesting one:

folded to sb who raises, you 3-bet AJo, he caps, you call

flop AQx monotone, you have J of that suit

he bets, you raise, meh

turn K

he checks and I think you should check

baronzeus
10-20-2005, 06:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

he bets, you raise, meh

turn K

[/ QUOTE ]

super close i think, i was discussing this with someone else too. im freerolling AJ and im getting value from worse aces. im not sure what i thought of SB but if i bet i must have had the impression that he capped lightly.

i think AK-AQ is too tight a range for him. right? i dont know, lets see what others think

bugstud
10-20-2005, 06:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

he bets, you raise, meh

turn K

[/ QUOTE ]

super close i think, i was discussing this with someone else too. im freerolling AJ and im getting value from worse aces. im not sure what i thought of SB but if i bet i must have had the impression that he capped lightly.

i think AK-AQ is too tight a range for him. right? i dont know, lets see what others think

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought betting was fine though I'd like it better on a T turn comapred to a K. All I am seeing is - baron raises, gets 3bet, flops nuts. bastard.

TStoneMBD
10-20-2005, 06:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

he bets, you raise, meh

turn K

[/ QUOTE ]

he had a straight on the river with a ten on board.

bugstud
10-20-2005, 06:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

he bets, you raise, meh

turn K

[/ QUOTE ]

he had a straight on the river with a ten on board.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's advocating a turn check against his opp's capping range may be correct instead of betting into a likely c/r.

baronzeus
10-20-2005, 06:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
All I am seeing is - baron raises, gets 3bet, flops nuts. bastard.

[/ QUOTE ]
story of my life /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

i think you are talking about that J9o hand. man. i c/r the flop hoping for turn action but he didnt give me [censored] /images/graemlins/frown.gif

sthief09
10-20-2005, 06:25 AM
you open J9o on the button. both blinds call

flop A84 with two of your J's suit. SB idiot checkraises and without much deliberation you call /images/graemlins/confused.gif

and you end up losing to K high, which is exactly why you shouldn't do that

baronzeus
10-20-2005, 06:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you open J9o on the button. both blinds call

flop A84 with two of your J's suit. SB checkraises and without much deliberation you call /images/graemlins/confused.gif

and you end up losing to K high, which is exactly why you shouldn't do that

[/ QUOTE ]

well i felt like i was drawing to 6+ outs + backdoors on the flop and there was no way i could fold the turn i think. (btw he was a totallllll donk)

PS i was planning on c/r most turns

sthief09
10-20-2005, 06:32 AM
sorry, I just saw TStone's post on the same hand.

plays liek this are generally completely futile. they have something too often, and they call with their nothing too often.

baronzeus
10-20-2005, 06:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

plays liek this are generally completely futile. they have something too often, and they call with their nothing too often.

[/ QUOTE ]

would you call if the board was 842r? i mean we're getting 9:1 and i dont think the A changes anything vs. this particular moron.

i may have c/f the turn depending on how i felt about the situation. but thats only half of my options.

sthief09
10-20-2005, 06:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

would you call if the board was 842r? i mean we're getting 9:1 and i dont think the A changes anything vs. this particular moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you had a specific read that the moron that he'll never c/r A high then I guess there's no difference. but if you think about your equity as the weighted average of your equity vs specific hands, you're basically dead when he has an A, and if that's at all a significant occurance, you lose a nice chunk of your outs

Justin A
10-20-2005, 06:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

speeeeeeeeeeew

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised you're responding to criticism in this way.

baronzeus
10-20-2005, 06:38 AM
to all the players who watched/posted and contributed thank you /images/graemlins/smile.gif

baronzeus
10-20-2005, 06:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

speeeeeeeeeeew

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im merely saying that it was a clear spew and i know it's -EV and theres really not much more to it than that.

sthief09
10-20-2005, 06:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

speeeeeeeeeeew

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im merely saying that it was a clear spew and i know it's -EV and theres really not much more to it than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, I took it as "I have no excuse for that"

Justin A
10-20-2005, 06:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

speeeeeeeeeeew

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The way I said that came off wrong. Part was me misunderstanding your intention, and part is that I suck at writing.

baronzeus
10-20-2005, 07:22 AM
this hand ruled.

i open JTo in the CO 10 handed.

folded to BB who calls

flop like 842 two diamonds

check bet call

turn 9spade

he donks i call

river Kr

he donks i raise he folds

how sweet /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

10-20-2005, 08:56 AM
That J9o BB hand where you defended against UTG+1's raise and button CC. Flop was T86 giving you OESD. You called button's bet on the flop. Fine. Turn was 2h. You c/r and river the nuts.

Is that a standard turn raise for you?

Also, I don't think anyone else mentioned the hand where you completed from the SB with T3o and flopped top pair.

I wanna run good too. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Justin A
10-20-2005, 09:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this hand ruled.

folded to BB who calls

check bet call

turn 9spade

he donks i call

river Kr

[/ QUOTE ]

That's really well played IMO.

Justin A
10-20-2005, 09:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That J9o BB hand where you defended against UTG+1's raise and button CC. Flop was T86 giving you OESD. You called button's bet on the flop. Fine. Turn was 2h. You c/r and river the nuts.

Also, I don't think anyone else mentioned the hand where you completed from the SB with T3o and flopped top pair.

I wanna run good too. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I like a flop CR much better than a turn CR in the J9 hand. Anyone else agree?

Misclick on the T3o Baron?

ArturiusX
10-20-2005, 09:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this hand ruled.

folded to BB who calls

check bet call

turn 9spade

he donks i call

river Kr

[/ QUOTE ]

Hot.

Nice video. Scary this thing could become the norm. Technology /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Noodles
10-20-2005, 09:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't even let the K come

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you mean?, cr him ,bet into him,what if he calls ya, the K comes regardless

MAxx
10-20-2005, 09:43 AM
-what do i need to download to watch this? when i clicked your link it opened my windows media player to play it, but then it wouldnt play.

MAxx

10-20-2005, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
-what do i need to download to watch this? when i clicked your link it opened my windows media player to play it, but then it wouldnt play.

MAxx

[/ QUOTE ]
I had the same problem. Right click on his link instead and select "save target as".

Noodles
10-20-2005, 10:53 AM
were you playing in the dark? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

all i get is "connecting" on media player,
how do i see it?

Noodles
10-20-2005, 11:29 AM
i did that but keep gettin gthis error
"Winndows Media Player cannot play the file. The file may be formatted with an unsupported codec, or the Internet security setting on your computer is set too high. Lower your browser's security setting, and then try again."

i lowered setttings and it still comes up,
gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

what is this codec thingy?

Trix
10-20-2005, 11:43 AM
download the right codec.

El Ishmael
10-20-2005, 12:18 PM
This is very cool to watch.

Noodles
10-20-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
download the right codec

[/ QUOTE ]

what the hell is a codec?
gimme a link /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wynton
10-20-2005, 12:52 PM
I wanna watch, but when I click the link all that happens is I get a new browser window open up, without anthing ever appearing in the window.

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Noodles
10-20-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wanna watch, but when I click the link all that happens is I get a new browser window open up, without anthing ever appearing in the window.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea that happened to me, save target as, then you have to download some "codec" thingy,i just went to google and downloaded some thing called divex,

it is pretty cool when ya get to see it /images/graemlins/grin.gif

NLSoldier
10-20-2005, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Windows Media Player cannot play the file. One or more codecs required to play the file could not be found

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

ChicagoTroy
10-20-2005, 01:37 PM
How do I create one of these?

Entity
10-20-2005, 01:38 PM
http://www.free-codecs.com/Codec_Pack_All_in_1_download.htm

baronzeus
10-20-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i mix it up. sometimes i raise the turn with my OESD. usually the flop. i try not to keep a "routine" because i dont want them to know i have a draw every time i raise the flop and a pair everytime i raise the turn

baronzeus
10-20-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Windows Media Player cannot play the file. One or more codecs required to play the file could not be found

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif sorry guys

XviD codec (http://www.koepi.org/xvid.shtml)

surfdoc
10-20-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am unable to open this as well. It says I need a codec? Where do I get this? The windows media player help says to adjust the security level under internet options from the control planel but that is not working? HELP!! This seems like a really good exercise and I want to join in.

kahntrutahn
10-20-2005, 03:31 PM
Weren't you playing 3/6 just 2 months ago? I don't mean to be a dick or anything, but what the [censored] are you doing playing 50/100 already? I'm baffled... I've played you before, and, while I don't think you suck, I certainly can't imagine that moving up the limits that quickly is healthy *shrug*

-- ¿Curiously Baffled?

baronzeus
10-20-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Weren't you playing 3/6 just 2 months ago? I don't mean to be a dick or anything, but what the [censored] are you doing playing 50/100 already? I'm baffled... I've played you before, and, while I don't think you suck, I certainly can't imagine that moving up the limits that quickly is healthy *shrug*

-- ¿Curiously Baffled?

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly, why do you care. you worry about yourself. ill worry about myself.

jason_t
10-20-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-- ¿Curiously Baffled?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about a more sincere answer? It could help him explore similar questions that he might be asking himself about moving up and gives you a chance to think about your motives etc. It would be a valuable reply.

kahntrutahn
10-20-2005, 03:49 PM
Its a community... people ask each other questions... did not mean to offend, I just think you may be setting yourself up for a financial disaster, even with the fat pay...

baronzeus
10-20-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-- ¿Curiously Baffled?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about a more sincere answer? It could help him explore similar questions that he might be asking himself about moving up and gives you a chance to think about your motives etc. It would be a valuable reply.

[/ QUOTE ]

if the question was phrased more politely i would have given a more sincere answer.

baronzeus
10-20-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Its a community... people ask each other questions... did not mean to offend, I just think you may be setting yourself up for a financial disaster, even with the fat pay...

[/ QUOTE ]

dont worry about me, i have almost a 1000BB roll for 30/60. that would be quite a downswing.

jason_t
10-20-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

if the question was phrased more politely i would have given a more sincere answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I don't mean to be a dick or anything

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
while I don't think you suck, I certainly can't imagine that moving up the limits that quickly is healthy *shrug*

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
¿Curiously Baffled?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tone seems generally inquisitive and not stand-offish to me.

baronzeus
10-20-2005, 03:53 PM
regardless, saying things like "while i dont think you suck" and "what the [censored] are you doing" and "dont mean to be a dick" are negatively toned. i honeslty dont care to argue about it though.,

ChicagoTroy
10-20-2005, 03:53 PM
Why spend all those hands in the low/micro limits, then? With $60K, it would seem like a waste of time. Nothing wrong with coming to the table with a fat BR, but since you couldn't have won that much in so short a time, it sounds like you spent tens of thousands of hands playing rinky-dink poker.

Just curious, as I haven't seen somebody take this route before.

jason_t
10-20-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
regardless, saying things like "while i dont think you suck" and "what the [censored] are you doing" and "dont mean to be a dick" are negatively toned. i honeslty dont care to argue about it though.,

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, there toned so that you don't think he thinks you suck and so you don't think he's being a dick etc. He put them in there because he did not want you to think that. He's shocked, he's curious etc.

baronzeus
10-20-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why spend all those hands in the low/micro limits, then? With $60K, it would seem like a waste of time. Nothing wrong with coming to the table with a fat BR, but since you couldn't have won that much in so short a time, it sounds like you spent tens of thousands of hands playing rinky-dink poker.

Just curious, as I haven't seen somebody take this route before.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahh ok, i will reply to this.

i spent about 2 months (20K hands) at .5/1 to 2/4 full ring. after that, i moved to 5/10 short...played about 15K hands during this july or something, went on a huge downswing, lost a large portion of my roll, moved back down to 2/4 to rebuild a bit. got coached, went to the new 3/6 6m. played like 12K hands there, moved up to 5/10, 12K more hands, moved up to 10/20, 15K hands there, moved up to 15/30, 10K hands there, and after that i moved up to 20/40+. once i got to 20/40 i just played whatever limit fit my mood at the time since my roll was big enough to play any limit up to 50/100 if i felt i was +EV in the game

kahntrutahn
10-20-2005, 03:57 PM
I do also, but it doesn't mean I'm ready for the game... obviously you could be a better player/faster learner/etc, its just an observation that brought about some curiousity on my part.

Might I ask what your goal is? Are you trying to speed your way to 300/600 HU or something of the sort? Or just very confident? I don't know, I guess I'm trying to understand the mentality that takes one up so quickly. I myself don't have confidence in my skills (2bb winner over 200k) or the disregard for money to sit at anything higher than 20/40 as of yet, and even then, I prefer 10/20... In hearing what you have to say, perhaps I will re-evaluate some things? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

baronzeus
10-20-2005, 04:00 PM
sorry for my initial reaction i guess. i just dont like people implying that i'll go "broke". my winrates arent great since i started but they are nothing to scoff at, and i genuinely feel like a winner in the games i play in, even when i am on a long downswing.

my advice is play whatever limits you feel comfortable in, it doesnt really matter what the $$$ value is because there are enough bad players at every limit that a good player can take advantage of.

kahntrutahn
10-20-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my advice is play whatever limits you feel comfortable in, it doesnt really matter what the $$$ value is because there are enough bad players at every limit that a good player can take advantage of.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool deal, maybe I should poke a bit more at the higher limit games. In a way, I admire your courage... I guess that I feel that sample size matters a bit more, and I look to prove to myself with some statistically significant amount of data that I am "above" my current level and should perhaps move on. You seem to take the "I feel like a better player, so I'm in it to win it" approach... I sincerely hope it works out for you.

See you at the tables /images/graemlins/smile.gif

DMBFan23
10-20-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool deal, maybe I should poke a bit more at the higher limit games. In a way, I admire your courage... I guess that I feel that sample size matters a bit more, and I look to prove to myself with some statistically significant amount of data that I am "above" my current level and should perhaps move on. You seem to take the "I feel like a better player, so I'm in it to win it" approach... I sincerely hope it works out for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

have you read poker mentor's interview with James282? James seems to be pretty liberal in his advice as far as taking shots. bk moved up similarly as well. now for every bk there are 100 people who busted out, but it seems the idea has some merit.

kahntrutahn
10-20-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

have you read poker mentor's interview with James282? James seems to be pretty liberal in his advice as far as taking shots. bk moved up similarly as well. now for every bk there are 100 people who busted out, but it seems the idea has some merit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't heard of this, Im off to google now because I don't know where else to look... perhaps you can point a noob in the right direction heh /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Btw, DMB, did you play 2/4 or 3/6 full ring at party oh.. 5/6 months ago? If so, you always used to kick my ass heh... I was SO mechanical back then!

baronzeus
10-20-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont know exactly what you mean by 100 people bust out for every person who moves up, but i had about a 0% chance of "busting out" during my shots. for instance, my first 2K hands at 30/60 - 50/100 were a 170BB downswing but my bankroll was still huge.

DMBFan23
10-20-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont know exactly what you mean by 100 people bust out for every person who moves up, but i had about a 0% chance of "busting out" during my shots. for instance, my first 2K hands at 30/60 - 50/100 were a 170BB downswing but my bankroll was still huge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, a lot of people, youself probably included, would probably move down limits if their shot didn't succeed - especially those who regularly post here. and who knows, maybe your move up wasn't a shot (though I guess that would vary from poster to poster, depending on how many BB defined a shot versus a 'move up'). but I bet there were people who tried to move up just as fast as bk and it didnt' work out so hot for them. the 1/100 figure was pulled out of my ass, and perhaps they are still playing 3/6 or 5/10 as opposed to going 'bust', but I guess the main point of my post was don't take all of james282's advice or bk's results, or whatever, and start taking tons of shots above your br - just that their advice seemed to show it had merit.

Justin A
10-20-2005, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What I think he means is that for every person like you who successfully took shots and moved up quickly, there's 100 people who fail and have to move back down and keep trying. However it even looks like it took you a few tries. Who coached you btw?

Your case is a perfect example of why it's worth it to take shots since the reward is much greater than the risk.

brick
10-20-2005, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just downloaded x-vid codec and changed the setting:
X-vid > Configure Decorder > Output > compatibility render > to RGB32

works now.

imported_azalin
10-20-2005, 09:12 PM
Finally a new idea. Keep it up Baron!

DMBFan23
10-20-2005, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What I think he means is that for every person like you who successfully took shots and moved up quickly, there's 100 people who fail and have to move back down and keep trying. However it even looks like it took you a few tries. Who coached you btw?

Your case is a perfect example of why it's worth it to take shots since the reward is much greater than the risk.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah this is what I was getting at, and I posted something saying as much. 'bust out' was a strong phrase. I write bad.

elmo
10-21-2005, 12:33 AM
lame question- what program shows the losers cards?

10-21-2005, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
lame question- what program shows the losers cards?

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerAce HUD flashes the cards at showdown.

Also, does anyone know if it is okay to post a crack for the CamStudio program? I don't want to break any 2p2 rules but I think a lot of people want to use it for more than 2 weeeks.

ddubois
10-25-2005, 07:56 PM
When I download the .AVI, IE completes the download without error, but leaves a 123Kb file, which obviously does not work.

10-25-2005, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That J9o BB hand where you defended against UTG+1's raise and button CC. Flop was T86 giving you OESD.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious why you didn't lead the flop there? I read you did the turn C/R to vary your play, fair enough, but is that the reason you C/C the flop?

sthief09
10-25-2005, 09:54 PM
ok I'm responding only because I was one of his doubters at one point. baron has a few unique things going for him. first is he's pretty obviously a really smart guy who picked the game up quickly. it's pretty incredible to watch that video and think he's only played about a half year (maybe more, not sure).

the second is that he plays a TON which enables him to move up very quickly. if I recall correctly, he plays around 40k hands a month. that is 3 months for most people.

third is he's managed to run hot which is pretty nice when you're moving up quickly. eventually it catches up, as it seemed to have (he said he lost 170 bb at 30 and 50, though that should be a bi-weekly thing at that many hands), but he's not taking big shots. he's just moving up fast.

sthief09
10-25-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am unable to open this as well. It says I need a codec? Where do I get this? The windows media player help says to adjust the security level under internet options from the control planel but that is not working? HELP!! This seems like a really good exercise and I want to join in.

[/ QUOTE ]

you guys seriously don't watch enough porn if you don't have xvid /images/graemlins/frown.gif