PDA

View Full Version : Arrested Development DVD

TheBlueMonster
10-20-2005, 02:29 AM
anyone else buy this? I was watching the blooper reel on third DVD. I must say, very dissapointing. The bloopers just consisted of them cursing and half of them looked staged.
On a more positive note, everything else on the DVDs is awesome. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Chaostracize
10-20-2005, 02:30 AM
Too bad this third season is sucking. Horribly.

TheBlueMonster
10-20-2005, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I would watch bad Arrested Development over any other show....

but this season has been rather full of suckage. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

captZEEbo1
10-20-2005, 02:50 AM
third season is very good, you guys are full of suckage. I dare you to find a better show currently on that's better than season 3

Exitonly
10-20-2005, 02:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
third season is very good, you guys are full of suckage. I dare you to find a better show currently on that's better than season 3

[/ QUOTE ]

It's one of the better written shows on tv.

Family Guy and South Park are funnier, but AD is far more well rounded. Too bad it probably won't be around for season 4.

10-20-2005, 03:11 AM
When I first saw it on TV, I thought Season 2 was far inferior to Season 1. Upon getting the DVDs, though, I realized it is every bit as good, and watching it on DVD is definitely the better way to go, as some of the jokes run together and through multiple episodes.

MarkL444
10-20-2005, 03:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

damn really?? i didn't know this. whats different about it?

x2ski
10-20-2005, 03:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the sample size is too small given stupid baseball.

(Sorry baseball fans)

nath
10-20-2005, 05:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't go that far. It hasn't been as uproarious but I'm willing to give it time, given what a hell of a hard accomplishment those first two seasons were. (Really. It's incredible what they put together.)

[ QUOTE ]
When I first saw it on TV, I thought Season 2 was far inferior to Season 1. Upon getting the DVDs, though, I realized it is every bit as good, and watching it on DVD is definitely the better way to go, as some of the jokes run together and through multiple episodes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought similarly; when I watched season 2 through a few times I was amazed at the subtle things that ran all the way through the season. (Example: The movie poster for "Dangerous Cousins" or whatever it's called that appears in the FIRST EPISODE of season 2.)

I treated myself to the season 1 and 2 DVDs after a big win last week, and they should arrive today. Hopefully I will settle the issue of brilliance once and for all.

kbfc
10-20-2005, 05:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought similarly; when I watched season 2 through a few times I was amazed at the subtle things that ran all the way through the season. (Example: The movie poster for "Dangerous Cousins" or whatever it's called that appears in the FIRST EPISODE of season 2.)

[/ QUOTE ]

That pales in comparison to the Buster foreshadowing. The hand chair, winning a stuffed seal from the claw game, etc....brilliant.

Exitonly
10-20-2005, 05:43 AM
You can't talk nonsense to Bob Loblaw.

Gold.

KneeCo
10-20-2005, 10:31 AM
I think the stuff with Wee Britain is falling flat, but the rest of the season has been hilarious IMO. Once they get rid of that story line and there's more scenes with Gob, Buster and George Sr. the show will be fine (assuming it survives that long, cause the ratings are worse than ever).

Speaking of season 3, did you guys ever check out Oscar's Jail Blog (http://www.imoscar.com/) mentioned in the season premiere. Funny stuff, I especially like his haikus:

“Bitch no more”

Ceremonious
Mister rapist be wary
I been working out

arod15
10-20-2005, 10:37 AM
that is an underatted show....

10-20-2005, 11:26 AM
I've made a huge mistake.

Tremendous show, I hope to God it sticks around.

TheBlueMonster
10-20-2005, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Speaking of season 3, did you guys ever check out Oscar's Jail Blog (http://www.imoscar.com/) mentioned in the season premiere. Funny stuff, I especially like his haikus:

“Bitch no more”

Ceremonious
Mister rapist be wary
I been working out

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't believe I've never been to that website. Amazing.

pooh74
10-20-2005, 11:32 AM
IMO, On par with Seinfeld for best sitcom ever.

I like Season 3 just fine...

Why do guys think it wont be around for a 4th?...that makes me weepy.

Exitonly
10-20-2005, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

According to my friend (typically one of my more reliable sources for useless [censored] like this) the ratings have been god awful this season.

--

It's not as funny as Seinfeld, or as quotable. But it's good.

GuyOnTilt
10-20-2005, 11:56 AM
If this show goes off the air it will be the worst network cancellation since Scrubs.

GoT

Paluka
10-20-2005, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If this show goes off the air it will be the worst network cancellation since Scrubs.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Scrubs was cancelled?

GuyOnTilt
10-20-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Scrubs was cancelled?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hahahaha. My eyes read cancelled and my fingers typed cancelled, but my brain did not think that's what that word meant. I've been up all night /images/graemlins/frown.gif

GoT

shant
10-20-2005, 12:14 PM
I just watched all of season two, six episodes at a time. Brilliant.

pooh74
10-20-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

According to my friend (typically one of my more reliable sources for useless [censored] like this) the ratings have been god awful this season.

--

It's not as funny as Seinfeld, or as quotable. But it's good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, in its time, Seinfeld is a better show...its just when you've seen every episode 30 times+ it becomes standard.

They need to put a nielsen box in my house...i never miss anything good! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I for one think season 3 is as good as 2..."we're not here to talk nonsense to Bob Loblaw" might be the funniest line in TV history. Call me simple, but thats good wholesome laughs.

TheBlueMonster
10-20-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
we're not here to talk nonsense to Bob Loblaw" might be the funniest line in TV history. Call me simple, but thats good wholesome laughs.

[/ QUOTE ]
it's cute but not the best...

pooh74
10-20-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
we're not here to talk nonsense to Bob Loblaw" might be the funniest line in TV history. Call me simple, but thats good wholesome laughs.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok...but it WOULD be the best if Bob Loblaw was played by the guy from Joanie Loves Chachi. That would push it over the top.

TheBlueMonster
10-20-2005, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok...but it WOULD be the best if Bob Loblaw was played by the guy from Joanie Loves Chachi. That would push it over the top.

[/ QUOTE ]
touche` /images/graemlins/smirk.gif