PDA

View Full Version : Stars 100NL 6 max AQo

wall_st
10-20-2005, 01:46 AM
6 handed
Button is taggish in a predictably bad way, commenting on lots of hands but playing them poorly post flop.
Other two players are donkish below average shorter stacks.

I cover all with 105

Hero opens for $3 UTG with AQo (suits irrelevant), button calls, sb calls, BB calss

Flop ($9)

AK9 (rainbow)

sb checks, BB checks, Hero bets $7, Button calls, Sb folds, BB folds

-given my read I put button on an ace, possibly two pair, either AK or A9o, I don't really have a plan for the hand at this point except to check the turn and possibly call down

Turn

Q (board AKQ9) (pot $25 approx)

Hero checks, Button Bets 7, hero calls

-at this point I am saying WTF ? This hand is so weird, I plan on calling a similar sized bet on the river

River

2 (board of AK9Q2) (pot 39)

hero checks, Button bets 10, Hero calls

So I think I played this hand well, I didn't really consider folding after the Q came unless he really came alive with some larger bets. I usually have trouble in spots like these being OOP makes a hand like this really hard to play, I usually go crazy in this spot and completely overplay my hand. Thoughts ?

ajmargarine
10-20-2005, 01:51 AM
Meh. You so have him here, IMO, given his bet sizes. Check minraise the river maybe? I don't mind your plan to c/c him down. It's conservative, but you run the risk of him betting more than you'd like him to by giving up the initiative. And when the Q hits the turn, you might want to think of changing that plan, and continue leading.

orange
10-20-2005, 02:05 AM
I think I lead the turn/block the river.

wall_st
10-20-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Meh. You so have him here, IMO, given his bet sizes. Check minraise the river maybe?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I didn't really consider that play here, but it is probably optimal for extracting value.

[ QUOTE ]

And when the Q hits the turn, you might want to think of changing that plan, and continue leading.

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of froze here, I didn't want to get played back at probably because I didn't want to fold.