PDA

View Full Version : Micro 6 max: AKo

Duerig
10-20-2005, 12:22 AM
I'm new to the table so I'm a little short of reads (seems to happen to me a lot). I think I should have check raised the turn, but when someone calls 2 cold on the flop and then bets the turn, it scares me. Then on the river, I was afraid of having it get checked through. I know, this is logically inconsistent. How would you play it?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

River: (8 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

shadow29
10-20-2005, 12:27 AM
I usually just bet out on the turn here.

Redd
10-20-2005, 12:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I usually just bet out on the turn here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too, because I think our checkraise has too good of a chance of either being checked through or 3-bet, both of which would suck.

10-20-2005, 01:25 AM
So, what, bet-fold the turn? Or bet-call and check-call?

I would personally bet-fold. Very few micro players have the guts to bluff raise, much less do it 2x in a row.

Nfinity
10-20-2005, 05:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So, what, bet-fold the turn? Or bet-call and check-call?

I would personally bet-fold. Very few micro players have the guts to bluff raise, much less do it 2x in a row.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who says it's a bluff?

He could very well be value raising his K4 both times.

I would bet/call that Turn, And Check call if raised again, bet out if not.