PDA

View Full Version : Trade for Randy Moss?

Clarkmeister
10-20-2005, 12:12 AM
This is the $1500 league with the $20 transactions and the $40/person trade fees I've asked for advice on before.

Status: First place in my division at 5-1. Two others at 3-3. My team is deep and consistant and is near the top of the league in total points. I lead the league in the "what if every team played everyone else every week" category by about 6 games. 12 team league.

10pts/rush/rec yard, 1pt/reception, 3pts bonus for 100yd rush/rec game, 2pts for 150 yard rush/rec game, 6pts for TD.

Starters:
QB - Hasselbeck
RB - McGahee
Flex - Westbrook
WR - Driver
WR - Branch
TE - Gates

Bench
QB - Harrington
RB - Thomas Jones
RB - Cedric Bensen
RB - Mike Anderson
RB - DeShaun Foster
WR - Travis Taylor
WR - Laveraneus Coles

The offer:

Randy Moss for Thomas Jones and Donald Driver.

No Brainer? Or sacrificing all my depth for a big-time question mark who's hurt and on a team that is quitting. Jones is the #4 RB in the league and is clearly the man in Chicago right now with a soft schedule ahead.

MarkL444
10-20-2005, 12:18 AM
FYI- Harrington may have only 1 start left in him this season.

Punker
10-20-2005, 12:18 AM
I wouldn't do it.

Clarkmeister
10-20-2005, 12:22 AM
He's got Vick, Favre and Brunell, so I can likely get him to throw in a QB if I desire FWIW.

Josh W
10-20-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
... and on a team that is quitting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may do it just to keep him from dumping Moss to a top competitor of yours. I'd also try to get him to toss in a QB.

Josh

Clarkmeister
10-20-2005, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
... and on a team that is quitting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may do it just to keep him from dumping Moss to a top competitor of yours. I'd also try to get him to toss in a QB.

Josh

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant the Raiders. Sorry for being unclear.

This team is not quitting. He's in my division, 3-3 and really really needs a RB, this week especially with Dillon, and Taylor on byes. With him forced to start Droughns in a game he needs to get above .500, and with Moss hurt, this is likely the most receptive he'll be to trading Moss this year.

Josh W
10-20-2005, 12:38 AM
Well, that changes things a little.

Jones is still dinged up, and even if he never misses a game, they may start to limit his exposure since they have two other serviceable backs.

I just acquired Moss (before last week) in a league (predominantly for Tiki). Last year, the week after I acquired Moss, he got injured. I refuse to believe it will happen again. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Go ahead, pull the trigger.

Also, if you get the chance, could you take a peak at my (soon to exist) basketball thread?

Josh

Clarkmeister
10-20-2005, 12:42 AM
I love fantasy basketball. Will do. Anticipate a "go to www.basketballmonster.com (http://www.basketballmonster.com) " response somewhere.

Josh W
10-20-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I love fantasy basketball. Will do. Anticipate a "go to www.basketballmonster.com (http://www.basketballmonster.com) " response somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never mind then. I just basically asked "is there a www.footballguys.com (http://www.footballguys.com) , but for basketball?"

You already answered it!

J

Clarkmeister
10-20-2005, 12:46 AM
Well, there are no forums, but it's a mathematical model that rules. I built one myself very similar prior to knowing about it, and while there are differences in my model compared to theirs (I think BM overrates guards a little and underrates big men a little), it's similar enough that I just use it out of convenience. It really really allows you to exploit those who don't use it.

For discussion, try www.realgm.com (http://www.realgm.com)

MarkL444
10-20-2005, 12:48 AM
what weeks are the playoffs?

Clarkmeister
10-20-2005, 12:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

14, 15 and 16. But assuming I win the division, I get a bye in week 14.

Moss
Week 15 vs. CLE
Week 16 at DEN

T Jones
Week 15 vs. ATL
Week 16 at GB

Driver
Week 15 at BAL
Week 16 vs CHI

Westbrook
Week 15 at STL
Week 16 at ARI

McGahee
Week 15 vs. DEN
Week 16 at CIN

So Driver has brutal matchups FWIW.

34TheTruth34
10-20-2005, 01:03 AM
if he'll throw in Brunell, this is an easy deal IMO

Josh W
10-20-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

14, 15 and 16. But assuming I win the division, I get a bye in week 14.

Moss
Week 15 vs. CLE
Week 16 at DEN

T Jones
Week 15 vs. ATL
Week 16 at GB

Driver
Week 15 at BAL
Week 16 vs CHI

Westbrook
Week 15 at STL
Week 16 at ARI

McGahee
Week 15 vs. DEN
Week 16 at CIN

So Driver has brutal matchups FWIW.

[/ QUOTE ]

Westbrook and McGahee both have great matchups, so if they stay healthy, I can't see you starting Jones there. Also, they will both likely be playing, as both teams will likely be fighting for playoff spots/position.

moss has a lousy week 16 matchup, maybe the worst possible for him, as Champ may be the best shut-down corner in the league. However, I'm not sure any shut-down corner can shut down moss.

I still am leaning towards pulling the trigger.

J

Clarkmeister
10-20-2005, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he will. He may do Vick instead if I ask. That would allow me to get Schaub who is on waivers and pray for Vick to get whacked. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Josh W
10-20-2005, 01:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he will. He may do Vick instead if I ask. That would allow me to get Schaub who is on waivers and pray for Vick to get whacked. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No, do Brunell instead.

Hassleback's bad weeks remaining are 8 (16), 13 (Philly), and 16 (Indy). In those weeks, ATL has the same bye, Car, and TB. However, WAS plays NYG (twice) and StL.

Brunell has the much better matchups.

J

34TheTruth34
10-20-2005, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No, do Brunell instead.

Hassleback's bad weeks remaining are 8 (16), 13 (Philly), and 16 (Indy). In those weeks, ATL has the same bye, Car, and TB. However, WAS plays NYG (twice) and StL.

Brunell has the much better matchups

[/ QUOTE ]

somehow, Brunell has had great matchups all year and still has them for the rest of the year. And he's been amazingly consistent, throwing for like 250 and at least 2 TDs every week this year.

MarkL444
10-20-2005, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah any QB and I think you do it.

SossMan
10-20-2005, 02:15 AM
I would do it as is. obv, if you can get a QB that would be good too.

bugstud
10-20-2005, 04:36 AM
I am moderately worried that if the injury lingers you're stuck playing lav coles all year. Otherwise I definately do it. You may want to see if adding Benson for handcuff value might get you a better wr than travis taylor as insurance.

Clarkmeister
10-20-2005, 11:19 AM
Bensen has like zero handcuff value right now.

brettbrettr
10-20-2005, 11:24 AM
I'd do this.

bugstud
10-20-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bensen has like zero handcuff value right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thomas Jones doesn't have a very good rep for staying healthy, but point taken.

Pudge714
10-21-2005, 12:00 AM
I'd be very wary of Moss's groin injury it happened to him last year and he never fully recovered. Thomas Jones has one of the most consistent backs in the NFL this year, maybe 5th or 6th in the NFL, and I don't like trading him for Moss who is a big liability.

LBJ
10-21-2005, 12:15 AM
What is Moss ranked in this league? 1 pt per reception kind of makes this trade a no deal from your perspective IMO. Moss gets a ton of 3 catches, 100 yard, 1 TD games. You always need depth at RB and your 3rd RBs would be a toss up with Bensen, Mike Anderson, and Foster (all of which are 2nd string on their NFL team right now).

Without injuries, this is an great deal. If you get more info on Moss's injury, and can be sure he will be back asap, pull the trigger.

Clarkmeister
10-21-2005, 03:12 AM
We settled on Moss and Vick for Driver and Jones. He wouldn't give up Brunell.

Josh W
10-21-2005, 04:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
We settled on Moss and Vick for Driver and Jones. He wouldn't give up Brunell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, for your sake, I hope Joey is still staring in week 9 then.

g luck

Josh

Victor
10-21-2005, 04:37 AM
ive been tryin to dump moss in my league for as little as tatum bell. i couldnt find a sucker tho. too bad you arent in my league. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

btw, i had moss last year too and this situation looks too familiar. he is done for 4 weeks and might be good when he comes back.

Clarkmeister
10-21-2005, 04:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ive been tryin to dump moss in my league for as little as tatum bell. i couldnt find a sucker tho. too bad you arent in my league. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

btw, i had moss last year too and this situation looks too familiar. he is done for 4 weeks and might be good when he comes back.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a big difference between a hammy and his injuries this year, that's the key.