PDA

View Full Version : soccer is hard on the body.

boedeker
10-19-2005, 11:44 PM
so i played my first game for the mens team - for fun through the lawschool - and im pretty much hurting every where below my waste. i geuss this is what getting older is all about.

Exitonly
10-19-2005, 11:49 PM
soccer keeps you in fantastic shape, with basketball in a close 2nd.

I really want to find a team i can play on now, as i havn't been able to play since high school. (20 now).

10-19-2005, 11:51 PM
As you get older you realize stretching is important both before and after the game, otherwise the next day or two you'll be hurtin.

cookie
10-20-2005, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
As you get older you realize stretching is important both before and after the game, otherwise the next day or two you'll be hurtin.

[/ QUOTE ]
This has never been scientifically proven /images/graemlins/wink.gif

RRRRICK
10-20-2005, 12:32 AM
Take my advice play for as long as your body will let you.

I'm 31 I've played all my life and I now coach/play.

It damm tough trying to chase 20 year olds around but its still better than watching from the side.

Scuba Chuck
10-20-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, have you ever seen a deer stretchin in the woods. You don't need to stretch.

Eihli
10-20-2005, 12:44 AM
I love playing against old people because it makes me look so damn good. My dad is in his upper 40's and he's still playing. Me and him play on the same team actually. There is an over-40 soccer tourney in Vegas in January that most of our team is going to. I'll have to tag along just to gamble.

boedeker
10-20-2005, 12:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, have you ever seen a deer stretchin in the woods. You don't need to stretch.

[/ QUOTE ]

youre so [censored] right its not even funny.

Brain
10-20-2005, 12:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever seen deer playing soccer?

diebitter
10-20-2005, 01:20 AM
Yeah, very good for you. I know guys that play this and it does seem to keep them pretty fit.

If soccer hurts you, do not try rugby.

Blarg
10-20-2005, 08:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever seen a cat that doesn't stretch?

Blarg
10-20-2005, 08:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Take my advice play for as long as your body will let you.

I'm 31 I've played all my life and I now coach/play.

It damm tough trying to chase 20 year olds around but its still better than watching from the side.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen guys playing in their 40's. If you can do it, it's incredibly good for you, and lots of fun.

Blarg
10-20-2005, 08:32 AM
I've been on crutches a couple of times because of soccer, but it's worth it. Then again, that was when I was young. Now it would probably take me a year to heal instead of a couple of months.

jakethebake
10-20-2005, 08:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
so i played my first game for the mens team - for fun through the lawschool - and im pretty much hurting every where below my waste. i geuss this is what getting older is all about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your first problem is that you have a waste instead of a waist. Work on turning your waste into a waist and you probably won't get so sore. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Vavavoom
10-20-2005, 08:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've seen guys playing in their 40's. If you can do it, it's incredibly good for you, and lots of fun

[/ QUOTE ]

I play on Saturdays and Sundays to a semi decent standard, well as decent as Amateur goes.......and I have seen guys who are 50+...and there are a lot of vets teams about as well....