PDA

View Full Version : Attempted steal - wimp out or follow through?

10-19-2005, 11:38 PM
<bitch>
I'm in the middle of a horrid cold-deck streak. When I do get good hole cards, the flop invariably contains the worst possible cards for me. At one point my AA, KK and QQ were all cracked within two orbits. Down only about 50 BB total, but on Absolute and Stars it's like a death of a thousand cuts. I had to go play at Party for a while just to remember what PF limping and four-handed flops were.
</bitch>

This particular table was typical Absolute: raise from any position and you have a 50-50 chance of getting the blinds; blind-stealing battles are about the only excitement. Villain is 16.5/6.5/3.4 - when he commits to playing some cards, he's a bulldog.

Absolute 1/2 (9-handed), converter no workee

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
6 folds (this IS Absolute, after all), Hero raises, 1 fold, BB calls

Flop: (4.5 SB) 10/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets, BB raises, Hero...?

Aaron W.
10-19-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This particular table was typical Absolute: raise from any position and you have a 50-50 chance of getting the blinds; blind-stealing battles are about the only excitement.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you're raising 75% of your hands, then. Wagering 2 SB to win 1.5 SB immedaitely, plus the times you win postflop, you should be LAGging it up.

Of course, you're probably wrong in your 50-50 assessment.

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is 16.5/6.5/3.4 - when he commits to playing some cards, he's a bulldog.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call the flop and fold the turn UI. You've got a couple backdoor draws and an overcard.

10-20-2005, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Of course, you're probably wrong in your 50-50 assessment.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's called hyperbole. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Not by so incredibly much, though.

Duerig
10-20-2005, 12:24 AM
Calls, and folds the turn UI.

10-20-2005, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So I'm not crazy after all.

And cruelly, I picked up a gutshot on the turn, which was fate taunting me yet again.

Redd
10-20-2005, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So I'm not crazy after all.

And cruelly, I picked up a gutshot on the turn, which was fate taunting me yet again.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of the reasons why you called the flop.

10-20-2005, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I know, I know, but with my luck at the time it was hard to be ecstatic about having probably a whole seven outs in a small pot.

Redd
10-20-2005, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I know, I know, but with my luck at the time it was hard to be ecstatic about having probably a whole seven outs in a small pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know what you mean. IMO you played the hand correctly tho.