PDA

View Full Version : Eegahs - g0ot ?

10-19-2005, 11:36 PM
Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, UTG calls.

River: (13.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 23.75 BB

El Ishmael
10-19-2005, 11:38 PM
WTF

10-19-2005, 11:39 PM
Is this one of those parody posts?

Aaron W.
10-19-2005, 11:40 PM
No. You might have missed out on going to war on the turn.

SoftcoreRevolt
10-19-2005, 11:41 PM
I like it, you saved that poor donk alot of money.

Shillx
10-19-2005, 11:44 PM
No goot. Raise the flop. holla

Buckmulligan
10-19-2005, 11:50 PM
Interesting line but I think we need to find a raise somewhere and let our good table selection create callers, not coming cards. Let's raise the flop, where it comes of no shock and people expect it.

10-19-2005, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this one of those parody posts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not in the habit of posting hands where I do everything right. Yes, the good bit is sarcastic?

How about a real answer.

Please.

Duerig
10-20-2005, 12:28 AM
You are way ahead of everything on this flop so I think calling is ok to let some others pick up some draws. I would probably raise the turn though, even with 4 people to act behind me. No one is going to fold a flush draw, even on this paired board. You really have to raise this river the first time through.

Nice table selection.

10-20-2005, 12:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious???

I'm wondering why we raise the flop. I think we are only getting action from overpairs and a 5.
If anyone had these hands, I thought a raise would come from behind anyway.

I definitely wouldn't want to knock anyone out. Anyone with even a remote chance of drawing out is coming anyway.

Missing the turn raise was bad. At least there are now a few dead draws that are coming for a raise anyway. And as Aaron said I missed going to war.

River was worse (despite getting lucky).

10-20-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How about a real answer.

[/ QUOTE ]
The real answer is that going for overcalls on every street too often loses you bets.

On a flop like that, everyone with overcards is probably going to call two. And if UTG+1 3-bets after all those callers...nice, juicy pot with odds for everyone to continue spewing chips on the slimmest of draws.

And if you don't raise there, the pot is plenty big on the turn for a raise that certainly won't fold the second- and third-best hands. Your boat is really nicely concealed, because thanks to your PFR, people think you have cards higher than a 9. Whoever has the case 9 or a 5 is calling any raises to the end (A5 would sincerely believe he's taking down that pot), and by the turn there are flush and straight draws likely.

Personally, I'd probably wait until the turn, but that would change depending on my opponents.

emitch
10-20-2005, 12:48 AM
(grunch)

I don't know about the pfr. I have actually been doing that in early/middle position, but only at semi loose tables where my raise might fold a few out. I am curious to see what the experts say on that one.

Any reads in general. Alot of calling stations? Will they call two bets with a pair??

With that many behind you and a monster, I would probably play the flop the same.

The turn is where I might have thought about raising depending on reads. Big pot and I think anyone with a pair (although your fh makes one a little more unlikely) or flush draw will call two. You only need two of them (besides UTG+1) to come along to make it good. I surely dont think going for overcalls could be considered a mistake that many behind you.

River: I definitely raise that river. Any missed draws are folding here and you may not get enough calls. But wow that seems to have worked out well for you. CO slowplaying set, smaller boat, hopefully not the 5s.

Overall nh (I am new at this replying thing, so take it for what its worth)

mitch

jaxUp
10-20-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fo' real.

Jax out.

Eeegah
10-20-2005, 01:41 AM
wtf I don't see the 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif on that flop this sucks

RatFink
10-20-2005, 08:35 AM
I believe you missed a couple of bets here.