PDA

View Full Version : Another 3-6 Vid

10-19-2005, 10:47 PM
I'd like to start by thanking waffle for his great instructions in this thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3718549&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1#Post3720768) on how to make the videos.

This (http://www.efficacymusic.com/random/ryanwold/threesix-sixmax.avi) is a 15 MB video of 3/6 6max. Towards the end the game becomes 4 and then 3 handed. I have configured PA HUD as follows:

VP$IP PFR
AF #hands

and the other two numbers to the sides are

WTSD%
ASB%

Any and all comments are welcome.

Thanks,
efficacy

waffle
10-20-2005, 12:00 AM
folded to you in sb: 97o. you open limp. i fold this all day. seemed to work well for you, though. he called you down with K high?

Q6o: same thing. i'd rather raise or fold.

AQ: flops TPTK and gets donked. I liked the way you play it. Sometimes I also call the flop and raise the turn.

J4s: same. fold

QT multi-way BB defense: I prefer to check the flop

44 in SB: you threebet a button's (22/12) open raise. i prefer to fold. i'm a wuss though and maybe this guy is easily pushed around?

game selection: i don't like staying to play 3 handed against a 30/20 and a 22/12.

AKs: I don't donk the flop

Q5s: I fold on button

nhs.

cookie
10-20-2005, 11:04 PM
QQ UTG
AxTs2s board BB bets. I tend to raise in these situations

88 UTG
3!! if u bet here, then u have to fold to the raise. If u want a SD then check behind and c/c river

97o u openlimp SB, why

Q6o same question
J4s same question

AKs missed to the river, I c/c here often.
J5o in BB against SB openraise, I fold

Why do u play a 25/15 table?

kidcolin
10-20-2005, 11:22 PM
Definitely stop open limping in the small blind.

10-20-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

88 UTG
3!! if u bet here, then u have to fold to the raise. If u want a SD then check behind and c/c river

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain here was tilting a little bit. I tend to try to make moves when I am tilting and thought villain may be doing this on scary board.

10-20-2005, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The player to my immediate left played very loosely and poorly. I seem to remember recently reading about the benifits of open limping from the button (yes the button!) against blinds that will not fold but and will call down with inferior hands. Folding equity is very small, but implied odds are huge since they will pay off with k-high (as this guy did with my 97 hand.) Can anyone back me up here? Is this good?

10-21-2005, 08:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The player to my immediate left played very loosely and poorly. I seem to remember recently reading about the benifits of open limping from the button (yes the button!) against blinds that will not fold but and will call down with inferior hands. Folding equity is very small, but implied odds are huge since they will pay off with k-high (as this guy did with my 97 hand.) Can anyone back me up here? Is this good?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump. I'm still curious about this.

Monty Cantsin
10-21-2005, 09:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump. I'm still curious about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, open-limping from the SB and even the button can be correct under certain narrow conditions. It shouldn't be your default, and you shouldn't do it without a plan, and it shouldn't happen too often. But under the precisely correct circumstances it's the right play. One of those circumstances is that the BB has to be a poor enough player not to exploit the information advantage you're giving him.

/mc