PDA

View Full Version : Ace high, line?

deepsquat
10-19-2005, 10:04 PM
Just looking for a general line vs an unkown with Ace high at $1/$2

You open raise on the button with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Uknown BB calls.

Flop K /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Unknown bets, Hero?

OR

Flop K /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets, Hero?

I generally raise all of these, bet the turn and check behind on the river. If im 3bet on the flop i fold.
Whats a better line?

Spartan1983
10-19-2005, 10:30 PM
I don't know what a better line is, but obviously there is a big difference in the 2 flops. With flop 2 there is a good chance he's betting the flush draw. flop 1 I would be inclined to fold heads up or call and fold unimproved on the turn.

aba20
10-19-2005, 11:00 PM
against an unkown 1/2 opponent I would peal and fold turn UI. Against a smart TAG I would call flop and pop turn taking a free showdown and against a maniac I just call down.

irishpint
10-19-2005, 11:05 PM
i dont understand what people mean when they say 'peal' the flop.
-are we under the impression that our A and 9 outs are good (he has a 2 or PP under 9)? If we spike one on the turn we have to be raising then, correct?
-Are we under the impression he is betting air (in which case we're calling down with the best hand)?