PDA

View Full Version : We need a Lost thread (don't read off the east coast)

PoBoy321
10-19-2005, 10:04 PM
I realize that some of our west coast posters haven't seen tonights episode of Lost, but I'm curious what people's thoughts were. I thought that the flashbacks for Jin and Sun were interesting, but really didn't advance the plot on the island.

TxSteve
10-19-2005, 10:07 PM
guess you can start a "who's gonna die in 3 weeks" thread..

and the preview of walt looked kinda creepy

PoBoy321
10-19-2005, 10:11 PM
My theory about the island, based primarily on the Hanslo Foundation video, is the the island is ultimately an experiment in electromagnetism and parapsychology. It seems like there is a strong electromagnetic force in the island which drew both the plane and the raft to the island. "The illness" is probably a disease caused by some parapsychological experiment based in one of the other bunkers in the island, probably in the Others' territory.

RacersEdge
10-19-2005, 10:24 PM
Not as bad as last week, but what did we learn about the current situation? Almost nothing. A search for a damn ring? And what's up with the next new episode in 3 WEEKS?

Nick B.
10-19-2005, 10:26 PM
I didn't watch any of lost until I bought the season 1 dvd and that was really cool watching them all at the same time. Watching a new episode every week really sucks.

Evan
10-19-2005, 10:30 PM
3 [censored] WEEKS?? THAT'S BULL [censored]!

peachy
10-19-2005, 11:32 PM
this season has been disappointing to me so far...but this might be b/c i saw none of season 1 until afterwards on DVD so i got to watch it move along faster....to me todays episode got almost nowhere and i could have probably seen the next one without ever seeing this one - and thats not a good thing - and they r still holding out what happened to the rest of the "23" people or whatever - and now we have to wait 3 weeks to get anywhere!??!?!?

lastsamurai
10-20-2005, 01:16 AM
I think its best to wait for the season 2 DVD comes out so i could watch 2 episodes a night!

But i agree...This episode sucks...I wonder who is going to die next?

Eurotrash
10-20-2005, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it can be Locke, but if it's him or Jin, I'm going to be pissed. My guess is Sawyer, and that will piss me off too.

Evan
10-20-2005, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
they r still holding out what happened to the rest of the "23" people

[/ QUOTE ]
Isn't it pretty clear that they died of the sickness that everyone keeps talking about?

peachy
10-20-2005, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it can be Locke, but if it's him or Jin, I'm going to be pissed. My guess is Sawyer, and that will piss me off too.

[/ QUOTE ]

ill be shocked if they kill off one of there main ones so early into this season...but maybe thats why they will do it - personally i think itll be one of the new group or a noone in the old one

B Dids
10-20-2005, 01:21 AM
That's what I thoguht- but at least one was killed by the others.

B Dids
10-20-2005, 01:22 AM
I bet not Sawyer, they need him around to nail Michelle Rodriguez.

lastsamurai
10-20-2005, 01:22 AM
I think jin is going to die...so Micheal could hit that yellow puntang!

peachy
10-20-2005, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
they r still holding out what happened to the rest of the "23" people

[/ QUOTE ]
Isn't it pretty clear that they died of the sickness that everyone keeps talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

uummm no...i knew some of them probably had b/c they asked how many of the other group were sick...but i also figured "the others" might have gotten a few of them and wanted to know this for sure....

i know the dude said tonight the guy they saw was killed by the others but with the way he said it it made me feel like thier group did it...but this didnt make me think that NONE of them got killed by the others...

dblgutshot
10-20-2005, 01:24 AM
You guys are way too impatient. Did you really expect them to explain everything to you right off the bat? Its gonna take a while, just enjoy the episodes as they come out.

DarkForceRising
10-20-2005, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This show is giving me boils.

I seriously doubt that they are going to knock off Sawyer. Too much love quadrangle ratings potential with him, Freckles, the chick that gave him that beatdown and Jack.

Nick B.
10-20-2005, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You guys are way too impatient. Did you really expect them to explain everything to you right off the bat? Its gonna take a while, just enjoy the episodes as they come out.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is there to enjoy. It is like reading a book 1 page a week with no end in sight.

oreogod
10-20-2005, 04:52 AM
guy's its a female that is going to die. Producers words. Episode six deals also w/ charlie getting jealous of Lockes "intrest" in Claire...there are a couple spoiler sites out there. Anyway the person that kills her (her being whoever the female that is going to die is) was on the plane.

My money is on Charlie killing Claire. Hes pretty unstable. Also, Episode 6 the female gets killed, Ep 7 is the backstory of the other survivors (what happened to them on the island, or at least part of that story) -- Ep 8 reveals who killed said female and his/her reasons.

Bummer part...there is a two-three week break between tonight and Ep 6 and Ep 6 and Ep7. Really the only thing that pisses me off about lost...3-5 new eps then a crazy long break between new shows. DVD box sets rule.

EDIT: That or the only other expendable female on the show.

EDIT: Anybody catch the Dharma logo on the leg of the other's kid teddy bear? Good stuff. Also, remember in Hurley ep in the 1st season, the guy falling past the window? Wonder if that was locke...I know funny right? Well everything is connected. Like in the 1st episode this season, in the ER room when Jack picks his Future wife as the one victim of that car crash to live...the other guy that died was Boone/Shannons father (was confirmed by producer.)

oreogod
10-20-2005, 04:59 AM
For ppl intrested:

Good Lost forum...spoiler and spoiler free areas (http://lost-forum.com/index.php)

Good spoiler site (doesnt get too detailed) but lets u see whats coming up (http://www.spoilerfix.com/lost.php)

Excellent theory on what the island is and the connections between the two hatches (and upcoming others that will be discovered) (http://lost-forum.com/showthread.php?t=17256)

EDIT: This just in. IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHO DIES READ THE LINK THAT iS LINKED ON THiS PAGE (Upcoming Episode info) (http://lost-forum.com/showthread.php?t=12672)

DougOzzzz
10-20-2005, 09:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this season has been disappointing to me so far...but this might be b/c i saw none of season 1 until afterwards on DVD so i got to watch it move along faster....to me todays episode got almost nowhere and i could have probably seen the next one without ever seeing this one - and thats not a good thing - and they r still holding out what happened to the rest of the "23" people or whatever - and now we have to wait 3 weeks to get anywhere!??!?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Huge factor for me, not being able to watch as many episodes as I want in a row. I never saw an episode of season 1 until it came out on DVD, then watched it all over the course of 4 days. It has become basically the only non-HBO show that I have watched on TV regularly the past 3 or 4 years. HBO shows I typically skip a few weeks then watch 3 or 4 episodes in a row on On Demand.

No doubt I would enjoy this season more if I waited for it to come out on DVD; but I am too impatient.

Voltron87
10-20-2005, 11:32 AM
1. why are they telling us theyre going to kill a character? make it a surprise, for christsakes.

2. i think we'll find out where walt is... in season 4 episode 3. NOTHING EVER HAPPENS ON THIS SHOW ANYMORE. lets see what happened i this episode. sawyer and the people from the back of the plane walked aroud a bit. boring korean backstory. wedding ring. we saw michael once.

its good to see adebisi holding it down though. and augustus walking.

peachy
10-20-2005, 11:38 AM
they are going to kill.....

dont read it unless u really wanna know cause ull be pissed.....

*****SPOILER*****

*****<font color="white"> shannon </font>*****

DarkForceRising
10-20-2005, 11:47 AM
its good to see adebisi holding it down though. and augustus walking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was afraid I would never see Adebisi again after the Imam killed him.

10-20-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, they can't kill the Doc, Kate, or Locke. I consider them to be the main characters. The only cool part of this episode is how badass Echo is and we got to see him in action a lot. I especially liked the part where Jin punched him and Echo head butted him to the ground. If echo makes it to the main party alive, he will be a huge asset to the group. He could take on the others himself.

More they can't kill:
Sawyer - too interesting in the story line, and I'm sure Ana Lucia will get in a fight with Kate over him.
Charlie and Claire - another story that needs to develop more
Hurley - Seems to be too important and the numbers and all need to be resolved with him
Rose and Bernard - they need to get back together and it will obviously happen
Jin - He needs to get back with Sun first
Michael - He is really annoying, but clearly he is going to find Walt sometime, someway.

Either way, this sucks. Why can't they make this a two season show and get to the [censored] point already.