PDA

View Full Version : Ram-Jam Defense against a Blind Steal

Jeffage
10-19-2005, 08:41 PM
30-60, 5 handed. I have 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif in the BB. Unknown cutoff opens for a raise, SB folds and I 3-bet. Cutoff calls. Flop comes T /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif. I bet, he raises and I call. The turn comes the 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif. I check, he bets, I raise and he calls. The river is the 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif. I bet, he raises, I reraise and he calls. How's my line?

Jeff

flawless_victory
10-19-2005, 08:52 PM
nice liver card lucky...
i think your play is fine, but id be interested to hear your plan for various river cards that didnt give you the nuts.. what about 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif?

Jeffage
10-20-2005, 07:07 AM
Ok, I'll have to look for more interesting hands I guess. My opponent had A /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif so he hit his river when I hit my boat (but I wasn't trailing before that). Any other comments appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

Michael Emery
10-20-2005, 07:11 AM
I like the river play, Jeff. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

TStoneMBD
10-20-2005, 07:36 AM
i dont understand the turn checkraise. could anyone explain this to me?

Jeffage
10-20-2005, 08:27 AM
Are you lost? /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Jeff

Jeffage
10-20-2005, 11:39 AM
Maybe he folds overs like AK or AQ or KQ or KJ that don't include a club which I want out? Outside chance he folds a pair or will call and then fold if I lead out on a club river? Mix it up? Maybe I have him beat? Maybe he won't attack my blinds next time? I don't know, let me think it through more, in the middle of something in the office.

Jef

Jeffage
10-20-2005, 11:41 AM
I would probably bet the 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif of the end. If he doesn't have a flush (say he has an overpair), he may determine he beats nothing (since he loses to flush or trips). If he called my checkraise with overs that had no club, he would have to fold. Obviously I'd fold if raised. I haven't though this through totally right now though (in middle of something) so that could be wrong.

Jeff

arod15
10-20-2005, 11:42 AM
Nice catch it was a good line but the river made that irrelevent...