PDA

View Full Version : 2 AA hands vs same guy

Chris Daddy Cool
10-19-2005, 08:05 PM
full handed 20/40 party game

villian in this hand is a 30/60, 50/100 TAG regular.

Hand 1:

i openriase A /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif in MP. He 3-bets on the button. Blinds fold. I cap. He calls, HU.

Flop: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet. He raises. I call.

Turn: 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet. He raises. I 3-bet. He calls.

River: 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet. He calls with QQ and mhig.

Hand 2

I openraise in the the same spot with AA. He 3-bets on the button. Blinds fold.I call.

Flop: blah blah blah

what do you guys think is the best line to maximize my $$ postflop?

private joker
10-19-2005, 08:07 PM
Screwplay. Bet the flop, checkraise the turn. He's keen to your stop-n-go = big hand, so switch it up.

hobbsmann
10-19-2005, 08:53 PM
bet/call check raise the turn.

Harv72b
10-19-2005, 10:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Screwplay. Bet the flop, checkraise the turn. He's keen to your stop-n-go = big hand, so switch it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

10-19-2005, 10:21 PM
I would be inclined to bet-call flop, check-raise turn. You aren't really in a steal or semisteal position, so I can't see him trying to push you off a hand. If you get action, it will be because he thinks his hand is best. He may think you "can't" have AA again when he has a big pair in the same scenario. Even if he realizes that it is as statistically likely as KK or QQ or whatever, he may blow off a little steam from that last hand on the turn (by betting after you check to him). It sure would suck to miss a raise there, but I think it's worth the risk in this scenario.

10-19-2005, 10:25 PM
Basically, I think he is more likely to lead the turn this time than he would be if you hadn't had AA in the same situation earlier. Right?

btw, I play nowhere near this high...