PDA

View Full Version : game 6 nlcs

beset7
10-19-2005, 07:13 PM
Anybody betting this game?

I've got half unit on the under at -110. The astros seem to be going off at or around +135. It's tempting.. if I could find a +140 or more I'd take the Astros.

I didnt see much value here. Or maybe I'm just skittish after Pujols ruined my three unit parlay in game 5.

Am I missing anything?

IHateKeithSmart
10-19-2005, 07:37 PM
I am taking the astros, though I don't think there is a lot of value. This is more of a spite bet after the game 5 debacle.

10-19-2005, 07:40 PM
Under 7.5 again......ho hum...... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

TheRover
10-19-2005, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and St. Louis. I don't normally play large favorites though.

beset7
10-19-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it sure seems like the books want people to bet houston.

craig r
10-19-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it sure seems like the books want people to bet houston.

[/ QUOTE ]

HOU opened at +130 and the line slowly moved up. Why would you think the books "want" us to bet HOU? Is this like a trap game?

craig

Jibbs
10-19-2005, 08:36 PM
I got a half unit out there too. Cardinals -1 1/2 (+134). I feel a little dirty giving the point and a half up but lord help me I have a gambling problem and I needed just a little action tonight.

mrbaseball
10-19-2005, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why would you think the books "want" us to bet HOU?

[/ QUOTE ]

StL was the preseason favorite and the in season front runner. This means the books are buried with Cards futures bets. The books score when the Cards are eliminated. Line is whacked and Oswalt isn't this big a dog ever.

scott8
10-19-2005, 09:35 PM
This probably belongs in the other sports forum, but has Mulder ever won a big game?

bugstud
10-19-2005, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This probably belongs in the other sports forum, but has Mulder ever won a big game?

[/ QUOTE ]

not in the playoffs, unless you consider an early series game to be "big."

also, wtf was with the tag call?

beset7
10-20-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why would you think the books "want" us to bet HOU?

[/ QUOTE ]

StL was the preseason favorite and the in season front runner. This means the books are buried with Cards futures bets. The books score when the Cards are eliminated. Line is whacked and Oswalt isn't this big a dog ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know a lot about sports betting but the line just seemed funny. I guess it was a value bet if they weren't that big of a dog. I just figured the big rolls were moving on STL. And if they are doing that, even w/ STL as a decent fav at the start of the day, then I must be missing something.

That'll be 10 cents for a view into the mind of a poker player who only bets on playoff baseball. Plus i read and probably misunderstood some posts on majorwager and therx that said similar things.

gomberg
10-20-2005, 09:21 AM
I got great value in this game, betting 5 units on Houston at 40% to win. That's rediculous. At best this game was 50/50. Oswalt should not ever be an underdog vs. a non-great pitcher. I love people betting on "momentum".

beset7
10-20-2005, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got great value in this game, betting 5 units on Houston at 40% to win. That's rediculous. At best this game was 50/50. Oswalt should not ever be an underdog vs. a non-great pitcher. I love people betting on "momentum".

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I actually had a change of heart and decided to bet houston at the last minute. it was going off at +138 and I couldn't resist.