PDA

View Full Version : First beer fest.

steelcmg
10-19-2005, 06:59 PM
So this weekend im going to my first beer fest. The Lehigh Valley Brewfest in PA. I have always wanted to go to one of these things but there was never realy one close by. But im wondering what beers i should try im a big fan of dark beers and bochs and stouts. Below is the list of beer companies at the fest. I a big fan of victory, Troegs and Dogfish head. Im wondering on what beers are a must try i plan on having alot but i know i cannot try every beer.

Weyerbacher
Bethlehem Brew Works
Lancaster
Victory
Dogfish Head
Golden Avalanche
McKenzie BrewPub
Legacy
Triumph
River Horse
Troeg's
Heavyweight
Yards
Flying Fish
Stoudt's
Sly Fox
Barley Creek
Cricket Hill

The Truth
10-19-2005, 07:09 PM
These always end the same way.

<font color="white">Serving 10-12, dont ask me how or why, just trust me. </font>
-blake

steelcmg
10-19-2005, 07:14 PM
What the beer fests or the thread.

Most of these brewers i have never heard of and was just wondering if anyone else has had any of there stuff.

kenberman
10-19-2005, 07:33 PM
I went to a Belgian beer fest a few months back. got bombed on great beer.

been to a bunch of Harpoonfests in Boston, which is basically just a huge tailgate party with hundreds and hundres of Harpoon kegs.

bottom line: a) you'll have a good time, b) you'll get drunk, and c) not really care what you're drinking b/c of a) and b)

cwsiggy
10-19-2005, 07:49 PM
Oh wow - I should go to this. I know the owner of Barley Creek.
Worst beer ever! Don't bother with that brand.

Bethlehem Beer Works makes good stuff. Ditto on the Dogfish Head

steelcmg
10-19-2005, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh wow - I should go to this. I know the owner of Barley Creek.
Worst beer ever! Don't bother with that brand.

Bethlehem Beer Works makes good stuff. Ditto on the Dogfish Head

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea its only 30$ from 12-3 so i think i can get pretty smashed in that time.

peterchi
10-19-2005, 08:59 PM
I can't add much to your thoughts because the only two I've had on this list are Dogfish and Victory which you said you're already a big fan of.

But I second that. And a double shout-out to Dogfish, from my home state of Delaware.

PoBoy321
10-19-2005, 09:09 PM
I'm really not familiar with any of these beers, but I have heard very good things about flying fish.

Brain
10-19-2005, 09:13 PM
I wish I had known about this earlier. This sounds like a good time. Dogfish and Flying Fish are both good and I would go try some of the Lancaster beer. I used to walk by their building downtown on the way home from high school and they have good stuff.

BadBoyBenny
10-19-2005, 09:33 PM
I never get tired of the 60 minute IPA

BadBoyBenny
10-19-2005, 09:36 PM
I've had something by Yards (can't remember what) and I wasn't impressed. Sam with Weyerbacher. I have a memory of them both being mediocre.

Let me know if the flying fish is any good, it sounds like other poeple like it.

edtost
10-19-2005, 10:08 PM
triumph is good at beer.