PDA

View Full Version : Shut-up George Steinbrenner.

Zeno
06-03-2003, 08:18 PM
George Steinbrenner is whinning about the inter-league schedule. He feels His precious Yanks are getting some raw deal compared with some other team (Guess Who?).

Shut-up George. Go home and count all the gold bars in your basement.

A Mariner Fan /forums/images/icons/cool.gif - And a Diamondbacks Fan also. /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif

Ed I
06-03-2003, 11:02 PM
Whenever George is whinning I'm happy, means the Yankees are losing.

andyfox
06-04-2003, 12:22 AM
Yankees are 13-20 the past 33 games, losing with equal ease to both good and bad teams. So it wouldn't really matter who they play.

Off-topic: I know they don't keep such stats, but I wonder if any ballplayer in history has been thrown out at 3rd base as much as Raul Mondesi, most of the time coming back to the base from up the line.

Mariners look great, especially Mr. Moyer.

BTW, is it me, or has Andy Pettitte gained a hundred pounds?

Zeno
06-04-2003, 01:10 AM
Moyer's 9 and 2. Mariners win again. Yanks lose to Reds. Red sox game postponed on Kim's first start. Diamondbacks win in bottom of the 9th - Shea Hillenbrand got things started with a single. Shilling has a broken hand. Diamondbacks will probably let Matt Williams go - maybe The Yanks will pick him up?! /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif And Sammy has a corked bat! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

A Lot of news in Baseball tonight.

Maybe Pettitte's slamming too many Beers /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Yes, Mariners do look Great- /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Thank You.

-Zeno

Dr Wogga
06-04-2003, 10:57 AM
....while he has been hustling, his baseball 'smarts' - his 'feel' for the situation are just like Bernie's - zero. They are both clueless baserunners. Monedesi also got lambasted by the NY press for not diving for a sinking liner to right, in Clemens' first try to get his 300th W.

George should shut-up about inter-league baseball. The Yanks are like rock stars when they come to visit. The NL cities that host these inter-league games usually see big jumps in attendance when the Yankees come in. That has to be good for MLB, great for some of these small market franchises, generates interest - how can that be bad?

Does Seattle's success diminish the Lou Pinella "aura"?

andyfox
06-04-2003, 12:34 PM
"Does Seattle's success diminish the Lou Pinella "aura"?"

It might and it might not. No one had more aura than Casey Stengel, yet when he was forced out his replacement won the World Series his first two times out. Casey's aura was not diminished. Lou has won one World Series. If he can build Tampa Bay into a playoff team, he'll build back up any aura that might be diminished by any Seattle success after his departure.